Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 12:20 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I still have seen no evidence such a policy exists at Starbucks. So what you are saying a crowd of non customers could occupy Starbucks, not buy anything, and create a situation that paying customers have no place to sit, and the company would be OK with that?

Again, I'm not saying it's written in stone. But Starbucks is a private company. They have the right to let people come on their property to hang out or they have the right to enforce people to move. In most cases, Starbucks has always been a place to hang out even if you don't buy their products. But as any private business, they have the right to ask people to leave.

Have you been to a Starbucks in the last decade? Most Starbucks are basically open with people coming in and loitering around.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh give me a break. When you go to a department store & browse around for an hour but end up not buying anything, are you trespassing? Do you feel you're entitled to getting arrested?
Because Starbucks is a Food and beverage establishment. If you go into a restaurant and hang around to browse at things you are gonna be asked to leave. You made a horrible analogy.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Again, I'm not saying it's written in stone. But Starbucks is a private company. They have the right to let people come on their property to hang out or they have the right to enforce people to move. In most cases, Starbucks has always been a place to hang out even if you don't buy their products. But as any private business, they have the right to ask people to leave.

Have you been to a Starbucks in the last decade? Most Starbucks are basically open with people coming in and loitering around.
The last time I was in a Starbucks was probably two years ago. I used to go to them relatively frequently, but grew to dislike their products, and the Hippy Dippy people they hire so go elsewhere now. I never noticed people just hanging out with no coffee, or food in front of them. NEVER.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:28 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
People are just making up stories, pretty soon they are going to say that Starbucks are public libraries.
People don't have to make up anything. When the CEO of Starbucks is saying, on the record, that these two men shouldn't have been arrested, that it was a reprehensible mistake, then that is what Starbucks' position is.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:29 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
More lies. ...........Thursday has left the company in what a company spokeswoman called a “mutual” decision

I bet she got a nice big severance check too.
Ah yes, Severance for causing the CEO to have to issue multiple apologies, and almost starting a large scale boycott against the company.

It's nice of Starbucks to call it a 'mutual decision.' The Mutual part of it was likely, we can fire you, or we can agree that you are leaving.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
The last time I was in a Starbucks was probably two years ago. I used to go to them relatively frequently, but grew to dislike their products, and the Hippy Dippy people they hire so go elsewhere now. I never noticed people just hanging out with no coffee, or food in front of them. NEVER.
I see it all the time. Heck, I've done that quite often myself. Never had an issue. The baristas are usually too busy taking orders.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
I've seen people there with their laptops open and working, quite often. Sometimes there's a coffee cup, sometimes not. And I don't frequent Starbucks.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:30 PM

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/985896896433602565

Ugh. Now this is where it starts to get silly. Seeing racism everywhere and looking for trouble.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:32 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Ah yes, Severance for causing the CEO to have to issue multiple apologies, and almost starting a large scale boycott against the company.

It's nice of Starbucks to call it a 'mutual decision.' The Mutual part of it was likely, we can fire you, or we can agree that you are leaving.
She can cause more trouble for them and it's cheaper to pay her to leave. She can stay and sue Starbucks if they fire her becuase they have no grounds and the CEO said she did nothing wrong.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:32 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
The fact that there are people who actually feel that people don't loiter in Starbucks and Panera Bread is scary. I can't tell if those people are gaslighting us or really are that biased. I refuse to believe that anyone can be an adult and not realize that Starbucks WANTS people to come use the WiFi and hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies