Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 04:37 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Don't forget Kansas and Missouri.
And PA, CO, KY, TN, and many others outside the northeast, and CA of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 05:06 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
no, I think this is what alarmed her:
Ok, triggered by a gun. That gets another

Cops are armed and walk among us everyday. Plus they can kill you and get away with it.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:38 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Triggered by a t-shirt.

You should see the "law and order" conservatives who have gotten triggered over my "(Eff) your blue line" t-shirt.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think a lot of gun nuts have to own a bunch of guns to offset certain short comings.
Only cops and other government employees. Normal people have no such shortcomings.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Cops are armed and walk among us everyday. Plus they can kill you and get away with it.
But of course cops are "different."

Old 04-15-2018, 05:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
IF the police can't tell the good guys from the bad guys - how is this lady supposed to?

Let's all remember that a good guy with a gun is just one bad day from being a bad guy with a gun from all indications.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
What states were those? I've been in a lot of states in this country. VT, NH, ME, MI, MT, WY, WA, SD, ND, AK and some more and outside of a few yes I saw people walking around carrying guns. Lots of times in some of them. A holstered gun is not "brandishing."
I've never seen it - except perhaps a hunter with a bright orange vest on...and that is in about 20 different states I've lived or spent a lot of time in.

I did see in in AZ - of course, but I was only there for a couple day so it is not normal in my 64 years of life experience.

No one is claiming the guy broke any law. What percentage of "calling the police" do you think result in arrests or convictions? It must be only a tiny fraction.

The woman had the right to do what she did. The guy may have had the 100% right to do what he did...I'd have to know a lot to determine that (is he mentally ill, was he on drugs on booze, what are the local and state laws, etc. etc.).....

This is not a political discussion. We have the right to call LE if we feel there is even a possibility of trouble. The guy was definitely looking for confrontation - you don't wear such a shirt unless you are looking for people to notice and/or argue or otherwise note your presence.

I can wear a KKK outfit outside the local NAACP meeting also. Legal. But stupid.

It would amaze me if we can't all agree that she had the "right" to call LE. People call LE for a heck of a lot less.

Better safe than sorry.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:46 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,721,351 times
How could the woman know that he was a legal gun owner? If the guy were black and brandishing a cellphone, would that make a more reasonable call to police?

She called and the cop sorted it out. No harm, no foul.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF the police can't tell the good guys from the bad guys - how is this lady supposed to?

Let's all remember that a good guy with a gun is just one bad day from being a bad guy with a gun from all indications.
Even more so when you wear a shirt like that.

Maybe he did it specifically for his 15 minutes of fame. After all...really...no normal person would wear such a shirt in public at a Park....while carrying a loaded weapon. One or the other, IMHO...if you carry, just be quiet and carry. If you want to offend and scare Women and Mothers, wear such shirts.

There is a big difference between "legal" and "intelligent".

I mean, maybe I should wear shirts every day with Trump quotes about grabbing puzzy? Heck, I should wear them on a White House tour! But I won't - because I am civilized.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:

well then, DARN that woman for not being a mind reader!

she should have known the guy with the gun was just taking a leisurely stroll through a park where children play. I guess kids are dangerous? maybe one of those rugrats bit his ankle once and he never forgot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies