Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 07:27 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
He did nothing illegal, but he is the bad guy? You snowflakes would not make it in a rural area.
Not even close. When I drive to AZ I put on my side arm and don't think twice about it until I have to hit the border of Commifornia. I see people open carrying all over and no one even blinks. This one lil cutey just popped out of her convertible bug, picked up her rifle and headed into Cabelas to get a new scope for it. No one even bothered to "freak out".

It's amazing the different mindset between Yuma, AZ and Winterhaven, CA even though it's literally one city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 07:37 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
First of all, the guy was a bonehead. Anyone who openly carries a gun to a park, where there are families and children, needs his head examined. Then, on top of it, he has to wear a confrontational T shirt that makes him look even more deranged.

A lot of the problems you gun nuts are having are brought on by yourselves. Somehow, 99.99 percent of us are able to function daily and even go to a park without having to display a weapon to make us look cooler or more macho. This guy was looking for trouble, and he got it.

Yeah, I'm just glad they didn't ask him if he was legally allowed to be in the United States.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
He did nothing illegal, but he is the bad guy? You snowflakes would not make it in a rural area.
Dude, my second home is in the north woods. In my 40+ years, I have NEVER seen a person open carry up there. So no, it has nothing to do w/geography. It has to do w/someone's inferiority complex & the need to enlarge their member by extension. Nothing else.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:41 AM

1,081 posts, read 548,908 times
"See-Something-Say-Something"

She saw something she didn't like and said something. He might have been a potential shooter.

Would it be OK if a man was ogling a woman's cleavage and another person called the police on them? He might be a potential rapist.

I think we might need to budget for more police if that is the case.

There is a level of commonsense that needs to go along with See-Something-Say-Something. I think this woman failed it. He had his kids with him. She also had issues with another man in the parking lot on her way to call the police. Then she hung around to see what chaos she had caused. If anyone needed to be investigated it was this troublemaker of a woman.

We had an incident here where the school had to go on lockdown because a man was wandering around with a gun. Turned out that the man with the gun was walking from his front door to his car and put the rifle in his trunk. He was within two blocks of the school and some well-meaning neighbor saw him and called the police.

Maybe we should add the triggered state as a mental illness to the DSM in the next revision.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:46 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The Media, Education, Government, and most Corporations have successfully DEMONIZED legally owned, and responsibly used firearms. It is a sickness. All guns are not bad. The people that use them illegally are. Some women, and their feminized, male counterparts seem to be especially triggered by just the image of a gun.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:08 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Dude, my second home is in the north woods. In my 40+ years, I have NEVER seen a person open carry up there. So no, it has nothing to do w/geography. It has to do w/someone's inferiority complex & the need to enlarge their member by extension. Nothing else.
Many of the farmers carry here as protection against wildlife. They don't even think about taking their handgun off when they come to town. I see someone almost daily open carrying in Walmart.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Many of the farmers carry here as protection against wildlife. They don't even think about taking their handgun off when they come to town. I see someone almost daily open carrying in Walmart.
Until a few years ago before Brown went into ban mode we could open carry even here. I never had anyone freak out about it either.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:27 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
I know its not realistic but I kind of wish there was a way to fine people for making illegitimate calls to the police.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:29 AM

15,635 posts, read 10,390,278 times
a similar incident, without police, came up in a discussion with neighbors the other day. one neighbor complained to our group of neighbors that during a walk in the woods, he saw a man with a holstered pistol also out for a walk with his two young children. he said the man's visible gun frightened him and made him feel unsafe.

the neighbors who heard the story fell into two camps. those who were out of state transplants felt it was wrong for anyone to feel unsafe. camp #2, self described to a person as native Texans, said the man with the pistol and walking with two small children was within the law and too damn bad if the transplant felt 'unsafe'. many suggested he perhaps needed to live elsewhere if he was frightened by texas culture and texas laws. fwiw, I fell in camp #2.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:30 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I know its not realistic but I kind of wish there was a way to fine people for making illegitimate calls to the police.
Police resources are very limited. If they are responding to a nuisance call from some nanny state, bliss ninny woman, they may not be able to respond to a true emergency. It is very irresponsible, and puts people at greater risk. At the minimum she should be given a stern talking to by the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies