Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Probably running the country and doing what he was elected to do
Lol..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 09:04 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Every American can decide whether or not they think a political candidate is competent, fit, etc.
I appreciate the candor of James Comey, he may have his faults (don't we all), but he has not made a career of lies. He is a free citizen now, one whom had faced an onslaught of derision and insults before we even knew he was going to publish about this experience. He has a right to his opinion, and a right to defend his reputation against scurrilous attacks from a mean mouthed bully. As Sarah Huckabee has said about Trump: “fights fire with fire”, Melania said “when her husband gets attacked, he will punch back ten times harder" and others have said similar things here in defense of their Trump. James Comey certainly has the same right.

His made a career of public service, and he has a practiced eye of assessing people up close, having spent decades dealing with criminals in the pursuit of justice. If he carries out his job with integrity and sincerity, he's going to make enemies.

I sometimes have wondered how the nation would have coped if Al Capone had run for office and won the presidency ... on the Republican ticket, of course.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh boy!!! Twitler is going to be running on all engines twittering up a storm tonight after what Comey just said about the inauguration crowd size.
Goodness, you are right! He's tweeting like a jilted teen-age girl. An embarrassment to this nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm surprised he can fly on a regular airline without checking those bags. He'll have to pay extra for exceeding the weight limit for each bag too. The clown has some serious luggage problems.
Anyone who voted for the obese, orange man with fake hair probably shouldn't focus on appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Love how everyone's attacking Comey's character instead of focusing on what he is saying.....

Bottom line is, Comey does not believe Trump is morally fit to be a POTUS and that Trump's behavior borders on unethical and even criminal. But carry on Trumpsters, leave your moral compass at the door and keep on parroting Trump and Faux News.
Most of us knew before the election that Trump was morally unfit to be President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I thought it was a pretty fair, balanced interview. He admitted where he thought he could be wrong and what he could have done better. Those are traits never seen by the Donald.

I can also respect him for admitting all of that on a national platform. He didn't play any games, didn't duck behind whatabouisms, and faced the proverbial music.
Something the coward Donald Trump will never do. He can never face the music - he can only blame others. A sure sign of a weak man.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Really? You want to ask what he was doing prior to head of the FBI as some sort of qualification?

He was a money launderer at HSBC, prior to the FBI.

Comey served as general counsel at Lockheed Martin until 2010 when he departed with over $6 million to show for it. That same year Lockheed Martin became a member of the Clinton Global Initiative and “won 17 contracts from the U.S. State Department, which was led by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,” Big League Politics reports.
Comey just so happened to have joined the board of the British bank HSBC Holdings in 2013, which just so happens to be a Clinton Foundation partner.
Noting all of this, one of the most important conflicts of interest is Comey’s brother Peter Comey’s role at the Washington law firm DLA Piper, where he serves as “Senior Director of Real Estate Operations for the Americas”.
As Big League Politics reported, “DLA Piper’s offices [shortly before the election] . . . confirmed that the law firm immediately [patched] callers through to Peter Comey’s direct line there.”
DLA Piper is one of the top ten all-time career campaign donors for Hillary Clinton. On top of this, DLA Piper also happens to do the Clinton Foundation’s taxes. DLA Piper performed the 2015 audit of the Foundation when the scandal first broke.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So he's taunting comey, big deal. comey knows, and he's scared. Why do you think he eager to get 'his' side of the story out, to deflect in other words? To try to sway public opinion, that's it.... po' put upon comey, Trump so mean to the last virgin boyscut. lol.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/171943...r-loyalty-hero

mueller basically has one (1) person to go after - how's that going?
All of that corruption and wrongdoing that you claim Trump has done, gee, it shoulda been a cakewalk for mueller, no futzing around with any of the others like he's been spending all his time on -- straight to the meat. But, nope....

yeah they are, pathetic
Sure, Trump's long nefarious history of bilking fellow Americans out of their money, lying under oath and money laundering would make Comey the one to be "scared". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How do you folks come up with this gobbledygook?

Old 04-16-2018, 09:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sure, Trump's long nefarious history of bilking fellow Americans out of their money, lying under oath and money laundering would make Comey the one to be "scared". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How do you folks come up with this gobbledygook?
It's probably printed out on the Lyin' Comey websites for all the Trumpettes to copy and paste.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:39 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's probably printed out on the Lyin' Comey websites for all the Trumpettes to copy and paste.
No doubt.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So he's taunting comey, big deal. comey knows, and he's scared. Why do you think he eager to get 'his' side of the story out, to deflect in other words? To try to sway public opinion, that's it.... po' put upon comey, Trump so mean to the last virgin boyscut. lol.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/171943...r-loyalty-hero

mueller basically has one (1) person to go after - how's that going?
All of that corruption and wrongdoing that you claim Trump has done, gee, it shoulda been a cakewalk for mueller, no futzing around with any of the others like he's been spending all his time on -- straight to the meat. But, nope....

yeah they are, pathetic

Just like McCabe, Comey has his own individual report that is being complied for release. It is worse than McCabes, in the amount of corruption involved going back decades.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:05 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
I watched the Comey interview and honestly? I think he should have been fired by Obama. He was unprofessional with going public with more allegations against Clinton 11 days before the election. You don't do something like that unless you have all of the facts and are going to indict. Now does that mean that everything he says and does is a lie? No, I don't think so. Did he leak classified information to ignite a special council? No, nothing his friend gave to that reporter was classified. I personally view what he did as patriotic. We would be left in the dark if there had not been a special council. This is America, not a banana republic. We all deserve to know the truth about who is running our country.

There is something about Comey that disturbs me, but I can't quite put my finger on it yet. It's a gut feeling like I had about Trump being a new hybred mafia months ago. I'm sure something more will come out about Comey in the future that will be less then stellar.

We however do not know what Comey knows about in the intelligence community. I think he knows far more then the public does right now. The house investigation was a partisan joke and I suspect the senate investigation is equally as inept. The best thing that came out of Comey was Mueller.

I still might read his book. It's not all inaccurate.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
I have never seen a political party go on a great public smear campaign against an individual citizen as the RNC has now done. This is an historic first and a new low for the party. This lack of decorum is however, remarkably Trumpian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies