Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 12:50 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,381,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Comey is now a private citizen promoting his book so he can say whatever the heck he wants to when a question is put to him. Let Trump sue him and see where it gets the orange buffoon. And btw..."I don't know" or "that it is possible" makes total sense and is perfectly acceptable under the circumstances.
He can, but with every utterance he biases the investigation, from the beginning, and drags the FBI through the mud. Personally, I hope he talks often and for long periods of time. Though, I do feel bad for the rank and file FBI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 03:11 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,623,994 times
ABC is slammed by the public and peers about the editing of the interview!

The editors did such a poor job that all involved look like amateurs.

Of course, Comey criticism of Obama was edited out of the interview.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He cared too much of what others would have thought if he had not made the announcement and decision about reopening the email investigation. He should have done what was right and not bothered with what turned out to be nothing anyway.
You would think someone who has been in that work for years would have known NOT to react to feelings and strictly adhere to formal protocol...or whatever....and be consistent.

I know now he's trashing Trump but most definitely his actions just before the election suggests he was trying to slow Clinton's role.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,286,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
ABC is slammed by the public and peers about the editing of the interview!

The editors did such a poor job that all involved look like amateurs.

Of course, Comey criticism of Obama was edited out of the interview.
You make me laugh. They had five hours of Comey's interview to edit down to one. I doubt you were in the room to know what was cut nor was the "the public" you claim is slamming ABC. The parts that were edited out will eventually be aired here and there as additional interviews so keep your pants on an see what comes next.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times
Anyone who didn't get the interview with Comey is going to find fault with the interview with Comey. They aren't credible sources for reviews of the event.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:20 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,459,220 times
https://www.billoreilly.com/b/OPEN-T...571425442.html

OPEN TO ALL - O'Reilly on James Comey, the Hate-Trump Media, & an Extended Interview with Joe diGenova

Old 04-17-2018, 12:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yeah, there is that.

I hope to at least vote once in my lifetime not for "the lesser of 2 evils". Note, I didn't vote for either, but still.

I have, but only twice. It was in 2008 and 2012. I've since learned they're all equally corrupt and it really is a matter of voting against the most corrupt.

Listening to Comey go on about the office and truth and ethics made me feel a little like I do when the Pope talks about how sacred the children of the world are.

Both are in a cesspool of criminal activity but pompously preaching about the *sanctitude of*.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:21 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,482,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It was odd and Comey is odd.

I don't care for the guy.

And this will trigger conservatives but......I never thought the e-mail investigation thing was that big of a deal in the campaign but hearing the time line and listening to Comey, I really wonder now the motive behind it.

At the time Clinton seemed to be high in the polls and a sure thing. The FBI had started their investigation into Russian meddling and connections with Trump.

Comey didn't think that was important for Congress to know about the Russian thing, but he felt they should know they found some more e-mails they would have to look at. They didn't find more evidence -- they found more information that maybe was evidence (and turned out not be).

I can't figure out what was on his mind. He's odd.

No I don't think the e-mail disaster was the only factor Clinton loss. There were contributing factors, not just one.
He explained in the interview what was on his mind and the difference between the Russia thing and the Weiner thing. Whether you believe him or not, or agree with his reasoning ?

Old 04-17-2018, 11:25 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,652,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Goodness, you are right! He's tweeting like a jilted teen-age girl. An embarrassment to this nation.

Anyone who voted for the obese, orange man with fake hair probably shouldn't focus on appearance.

Most of us knew before the election that Trump was morally unfit to be President.

Something the coward Donald Trump will never do. He can never face the music - he can only blame others. A sure sign of a weak man.
Yes, he is a big LOSER.. a word he detests, yet describes himself.

(Just to mention, his hair is apparently his..he just keeps a portion of it several inches long, then wraps it forward around his head to cover baldness and create what he imagines makes him appear to have a hairstyle. So yeah, the hairstyle is fake. I wonder what he pays a hairdresser to maintain this special cut?)

Old 04-17-2018, 11:35 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You would think someone who has been in that work for years would have known NOT to react to feelings and strictly adhere to formal protocol...or whatever....and be consistent.

I know now he's trashing Trump but most definitely his actions just before the election suggests he was trying to slow Clinton's role.
I don't think he reacted to his feelings per se, but rather what others would feel and think if he did not make the announcement at that point in time. IMO...he just made a really bad judgment call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies