Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 08:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Which is bad news for Joe. But good news for Electrical Renal failure guy.

Are you making this up on the fly?
I went to Mises to try to figure it out and still couldn't get to the bottom of it.

And Mises knows all!

Can you read the following and make heads or tails out of it? From what I gather this is sort of a "simulated reality" that the "philosophy" (which has no tenets by the way unlike anarcho-captitalism with a whopping 2) is then set down in and the pieces then move around the board.

That's why I compared it to a chess game in progress. There's already rules in places (the different pieces with different abilities) and strategy has already been realized via moves.

In fact, everyone read this. I command you. I'm taking over as head Statist for a bit until we figure things out.

https://mises.org/library/anarcho-sy...sm-recipe-ruin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 08:13 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Neither are dogs, cats, parrots, horses, lettuce, coral, bacteria, fungi.

Can I own a cat, dog, or mushroom?

You're right that parents don't own their kids, because hey surprise their kids own themselves .
You seem to be beside yourself.

Guess that happens when one believes people are objects, & the owner & the owned are the same object.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:14 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
But, to a renal transplant surgeon, one of his materials (thus resources) are kidneys.
A transplant surgeon offers a service, not a good. Moving a kidney from one person to the other via consent by both participants is not a tool of production but the purpose of the service.

If no one else needs a transplant the surgeon has no rights to force it out of them.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
But, to a renal transplant surgeon, one of his materials (thus resources) are kidneys.
It makes me wonder under anarcho-syndicalism:

If I buy or growing or even just find a banana do I have to report to a centralized authority what I'm doing with it?

I may eat it.

I may pray to it.

I may make art out of it.

I may stick it somewhere for sexual gratification.

I may feed it to my horse (will a horse eat a banana?) so he has energy to take me to the next town over tomorrow.

Sounds like a lot of paperwork.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I went to Mises to try to figure it out and still couldn't get to the bottom of it.

And Mises knows all!

Can you read the following and make heads or tails out of it? From what I gather this is sort of a "simulated reality" that the "philosophy" (which has no tenets by the way unlike anarcho-captitalism with a whopping 2) is then set down in and the pieces then move around the board.

That's why I compared it to a chess game in progress. There's already rules in places (the different pieces with different abilities) and strategy has already been realized via moves.

In fact, everyone read this. I command you. I'm taking over as head Statist for a bit until we figure things out.

https://mises.org/library/anarcho-sy...sm-recipe-ruin
Mises, a neo-liberal site that advocates from private authoritarianism has the bias of trying to show anarcho-syndicalism in bad light despite the fact that it actually works and has worked in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
A transplant surgeon offers a service, not a good. Moving a kidney from one person to the other via consent by both participants is not a tool of production but the purpose of the service.

If no one else needs a transplant the surgeon has no rights to force it out of them.
During the procedure what exactly is the kidney? Does it have a title?

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Your religion falls apart with self-ownership.
Self-ownership is a nonsensical & meaningless concept.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:17 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Your religion falls apart without self-ownership.
Well lucky for us, you can't deny self-ownership without contradicting yourself while doing it. You're exercising ownership over your body just by typing that out or speaking those words.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
It makes me wonder under anarcho-syndicalism:

If I buy or growing or even just find a banana do I have to report to a centralized authority what I'm doing with it?

I may eat it.

I may pray to it.

I may make art out of it.

I may stick it somewhere for sexual gratification.

I may feed it to my horse (will a horse eat a banana?) so he has energy to take me to the next town over tomorrow.

Sounds like a lot of paperwork.
There are no centralized authorities. What centralized authority gives you right to land ownership in capitalism?

None, the concept of universal rights are the same in both cases.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
During the procedure what exactly is the kidney? Does it have a title?
It's your body part. Once you give it to someone else (the transaction served by the surgeon) you no longer own possession of it but until the transplant is complete it is yours.

I think you are trying to make this more complicated than it really is. I've retread the same water at several points by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies