Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 11:17 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Will liberal MSM be phrasing Trump today ? Trump targets Moscow with new sanctions on 17 on oligarchs.

Sure they will. That's what they wanted. Trump to get tough with Russia. Right ?

Trump slaps sanctions on Russian oligarchs close to Putin | On Air Videos | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 11:23 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,845 times
I think you mean praising?
They're definitely discussing it, and saying it's a good step.
The sanctions actually include Putin's son in law.

If Trump took it a step further, and made a statement, or even put out a tweet explaining why he took these actions, I think he would be received extremely well.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

If Trump took it a step further, and made a statement, or even put out a tweet explaining why he took these actions, I think he would be received extremely well.
Yeah that's the word.

Nice to see they are supporting the president.
Now if he would only start a war with Russia they would go all in trying to support him.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:36 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Absolutely Trump should be given an attaboy for doing something that is actually based on common sense. Now if we could just do something about the other 99% of the blatherings that flow from his egomaniacal brain. Whats's that saying? "Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while."

Old 04-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Absolutely Trump should be given an attaboy for doing something that is actually based on common sense. Now if we could just do something about the other 99% of the blatherings that flow from his bloated egomania. Whats's that saying? "Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while."
Sounds like there is a bitter taste in that acorn.
Maybe a nice bowl of hot bug guts to make it palatable.

Its all good though. The resistance is over. Lets celebrate that.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:42 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Let us wait and see if there is a 'hook'.

For instance, many cheered when Trump expelled those 60 Russian diplomats, suspected of being spies anyway.

However, oddly enough, Russia was told by the State Department that they could send 60 fresh Russians to take those spots.

TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Russia free to send other diplomats to replace expelled ones

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...an-be-replaced

It seems more like simply a rotation home of spies.

Hence, will these newly sanctioned individuals be able to apply to Mr. Trump for an exemption? We shall see. Anyway, makes for news, at least.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:45 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sounds like there is a bitter taste in that acorn. Maybe a nice bowl of hot bug guts to make it palatable.
And there's the difference between you and I. I will gladly, happily, give Trump credit when he does something useful. At the same time I can assure you that I will NEVER give him a pass for his continuing childish and selfish behavior. Why would I?

Old 04-06-2018, 11:45 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

Making a public statement would certainly be something most Presidents with any loyalty to our nation would do.

The deadline for taking action on this legislation has long since passed. But better late than never.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:47 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Will liberal MSM be phrasing Trump today ? Trump targets Moscow with new sanctions on 17 on oligarchs.
What?

Old 04-06-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let us wait and see if there is a 'hook'.

For instance, many cheered when Trump expelled those 60 Russian diplomats, suspected of being spies anyway.

However, oddly enough, Russia was told by the State Department that they could send 60 fresh Russians to take those spots.

TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Russia free to send other diplomats to replace expelled ones

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...an-be-replaced

It seems more like simply a rotation home of spies.

Hence, will these newly sanctioned individuals be able to apply to Mr. Trump for an exemption? We shall see. Anyway, makes for news, at least.
Interesting thought.

They pounce on anything that looks unfavorable but on something favorable its lets "wait and see".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies