Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 04:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Pro Choice is a minor issue to even most conservatives since the majority are actually moderates. Most despised Hillary far more than they even cared pro or con about Liberal issues.

I told my Liberal DIL that Hillary would lose because people were not voting for Trump, they were voting against Clinton.

Too many moderate Democrats remember the last 30 years of Clinton. Might as well had Jeb Bush running for office.
Maybe where you live. It's a big issue here in the south. They want religious conservatives in office to support the pro-life agenda.

They don't care if they have to vote for a man who proudly boasts he likes to grab women...blah blah-- as long as he appoints and supports religious conservative appointments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 04:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
None of the reasons were the only reasons -- and there wasn't that big of a margin to suggest there was an overwhelming protest of Clinton, liberalism or anything else...not even the dreaded Obamacare.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:29 PM

524 posts, read 574,821 times
I think inevitability really worked against Clinton. People voted for Trump, who never thought about how he would actually govern, because he was going to lose. They could protest vote and give the middle finger to the establishment without consequence, because everyone was saying he couldn't win. The disillusioned democrats could stay home and not vote, because they didn't like her and she would win easily.

Expectations worked in his favor.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:01 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Look, I understand why so many voted for tRump.

He talked a good fight. His bag of promises had something for everybody.

This is something they ALL do and yes no one wanted Hillary to win and I get that.

IMO, Trump won because he fooled people into believing that he was the honest person they could count on. He had no plans for healthcare or anything else. He just kept saying TRUST ME!. And they did. He talked about what HASN"T been done and how corrupt the left/Obama/Hillary was. Like most he never answered a question he was hell bent on making the left look bad. Good OR bad he made sure that he was always in the news. He played the victim all the way though the campaign he played the victim he pointed out what everyone already knew about the press.

Told everyone that if he DIDN"T win it showed how rigged the elections were. If you remember the debates he always made sure that the camera stayed on him even when Hillary was talking. Even to this very day Trump is still playing the victim and will continue to do so. And his base seems to love it.

This was and still is one hell of a good con.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:08 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This is something they ALL do and yes no one wanted Hillary to win and I get that.

IMO, Trump won because he fooled people into believing that he was the honest person they could count on. He had no plans for healthcare or anything else. He just kept saying TRUST ME!. And they did. He talked about what HASN"T been done and how corrupt the left/Obama/Hillary was. Like most he never answered a question he was hell bent on making the left look bad. Good OR bad he made sure that he was always in the news. He played the victim all the way though the campaign he played the victim he pointed out what everyone already knew about the press.

Told everyone that if he DIDN"T win it showed how rigged the elections were. If you remember the debates he always made sure that the camera stayed on him even when Hillary was talking. Even to this very day Trump is still playing the victim and will continue to do so. And his base seems to love it.

This was and still is one hell of a good con.
His election shows that some 60 million voters were highly susceptible to raw BS.

Some still swallow whatever he shovels to 'em.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:18 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Pro Choice is a minor issue to even most conservatives since the majority are actually moderates. Most despised Hillary far more than they even cared pro or con about Liberal issues.

I told my Liberal DIL that Hillary would lose because people were not voting for Trump, they were voting against Clinton.

Too many moderate Democrats remember the last 30 years of Clinton. Might as well had Jeb Bush running for office.

I hope you're right about conservatives being more moderate. I have a couple of friends that are fanatical in their belief system that one size must fit all. One voted for Trump because of his pro life choice and sees nothing but that agenda. Another one that is fanatical about one size must fit all actually voted for Clinton because she saw Trump as crooked. Another friend has a fanatical sister and BIL that voted for Trump because he was supposed to be pro life. I like to hope that this mentality is in the minority. If you vote simply on one issue, then I see that as foolish.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:39 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Disruption. half of that is related to Trump being someone who would stand up and fight democrats just as dirty as the democrats fight.

The other half was his willingness to stand up and fight the REPUBLICAN Party. The left seems to think we voted for Trump because of stupid anti progressive (I mean that in terms of their view of progress, not in terms of the way the word is used to describe liberal views) views.... but not really. I am tired of coward republicans who give lip service to political doctrine that I agree with but then show their coward yellow backs when its time to stand up. Trump is an affront to the Republican Establisment because he cares more about getting the deal done than he does keeping power. They hate him because he has exposed them.

Shoot, that might be 75% of why I voted for Trump.

so at the end of the day, I voted for the guy that would fight, and fight dirty and not stop fighting... for the political doctrines I believe in.... for the things that I believe will make America great again. yea I just said that.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:48 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Why?

The Dumbing Down of America. Trump had a proven track record as a liar, yet still they believe. (Not every Trump voter, but likely a majority of them)

The End.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:50 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Disruption. half of that is related to Trump being someone who would stand up and fight democrats just as dirty as the democrats fight.

The other half was his willingness to stand up and fight the REPUBLICAN Party. The left seems to think we voted for Trump because of stupid anti progressive (I mean that in terms of their view of progress, not in terms of the way the word is used to describe liberal views) views.... but not really. I am tired of coward republicans who give lip service to political doctrine that I agree with but then show their coward yellow backs when its time to stand up. Trump is an affront to the Republican Establisment because he cares more about getting the deal done than he does keeping power. They hate him because he has exposed them.

Shoot, that might be 75% of why I voted for Trump.

so at the end of the day, I voted for the guy that would fight, and fight dirty and not stop fighting... for the political doctrines I believe in.... for the things that I believe will make America great again. yea I just said that.
What doctrines? Fiscal responsibility? LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies