Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 10:24 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes. Or they would not be obsessed with beating Alex Jones over the head and dragging him through the mud, trying every trick in the book to silence him.
the MSM is not taking him to court.

I mainly watch CNN, local news, and PBS. I've never heard any of these news outlets mention infowars. why should they? 99.9% of people know he's a kook. he's not worth mentioning. in fact, if the MSM ever DID reference something from infowars (other than ), I would find that suspect.

however, as I stated, never heard him or his show talked about on MSM.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:28 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
the MSM is not taking him to court.

I mainly watch CNN, local news, and PBS. I've never heard any of these news outlets mention infowars. why should they? 99.9% of people know he's a kook. he's not worth mentioning. in fact, if the MSM ever DID reference something from infowars (other than ), I would find that suspect.

however, as I stated, never heard him or his show talked about on MSM.
Exactly.

It's not "the MSM" trying to destroy Alex Jones, it's people who aren't complain fools and whack jobs who want to destroy Alex Jones.

Again, watch this video, these 2 complete losers are Alex Jones faithful:

https://www.facebook.com/thespundit/...82093925156345

Old 04-20-2018, 10:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
False reporting and saying that those little innocent children were not slaughtered by an insane person in a place they should have been safe in? That's not false reporting, that's criminal.

What if Jimmy Kimmel, Joy Behr, or Howard Stern tells a distasteful joke to get laughs, no matter how much the truth is stretched? Do they have to walk it back? Do they get sued?

This is about hurt feelings. Not slander, libel or defamation of character.
These people have brought themselves into the public light.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:29 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Yes. Or they would not be obsessed with beating Alex Jones over the head and dragging him through the mud, trying every trick in the book to silence him.
It's giving him enough rope to hang himself. Nobody is afraid of Alex Jones. He's a joke, a professional troll, a muckraker. In fact, my teenage son's group of friends used to find him absolutely hilarious. Not interesting or thought-provoking, but unintentionally funny. He's a buffoon. He went too far when he went after the families of dead school children. Now he's not so funny. He's pathetic, and a windbag. He is the very definition of "fake news." He has his listeners/followers twisted and manipulated so much--not only do they fork over hard-earned money for useless pills, they buy into these insane scenarios that have zero relationship with reality. It would be just sad if it weren't for the people who he's hurt.

So all this fuss over a slimy huckster? It's sad, too. He's got you and so many others fooled into thinking he's some sort of all-knowing oracle-uttering sage. He's not, he's laughing at all of you while he gets rich on the very ones he's bilking. He has so little regard for his loyal subjects, I don't understand how people are taken in by this.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"Less than one year?"

If true, why continue the dialog into 2017?

By my estimation, that's FIVE years after Sandy Hook.

Because the Lamestream Media keep bringing it up.
Is your memory so short, you forget the Megan Kelly interview with Alex Jones?
The one cut all up and edited from 14 hours of footage, to make him appear to say things about Sandy Hook he didn't in the context presented by Megan Kelly.

You being told what he said, not watching the entire segments for yourself.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"Two separate suits were filed in Travis County District Court in Austin Tuesday morning, the first time Jones has been sued for his Sandy Hook comments. The suits revolved around a radio broadcast from last April called Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed."

Infowars' Alex Jones Sued For Sandy Hook Comments | Fortune

"LAST April," as in 2017.

There are none so blind...

OK! It is based upon Megan Kellys bad edited interview.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If it wasn't for the internet Alex Jones would be one of these weirdos protesting at funerals.
If it were not for the internet, the UN would be running your life and policing you right now, with a full bore war with Russia and Iran

Old 04-20-2018, 10:37 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I cannot say that I disagree with Alex Jones 100% in the past, I think his point of view at times were interesting.

But this time, he lost it. He crossed the line.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:40 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
These people have brought themselves into the public light.
no, jones dragged them into it.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:43 AM

You should tune in now. Like we have fun watching CNN and MSNBC on election night, you would get a kick over Alex losing it over this lawsuit right now on air.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXdCJZAkpv8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies