Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 02:04 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times

Advertisements

I can see the headlines now:

"Military aligns solidly behind gun-grabbing liberals"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 02:04 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Well they sure have one on Wikipedia, and if you just type it on google search, tons of info comes up.
AW is a term that was made up to reference firearms local Govts wanted to try and ban. So rather than call them by the list, semi auto, pistol grips, removable mags, etc etc they agreed upon the made up term of AW, or assault style rifle, etc. There are so many variations of it by different State, City and County Govts that none of them make any sense.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:20 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You are not evil just misinformed....please tell me why you need an assault style weapon to protect yourself?
There must be a super-secret internet virtual assault rifle that shoots internet bullets. But only the guys with tinfoil hats can see one.

I'm much more afraid of the great white land shark myself.
I've heard they only swim on dry asphalt streets and hunt stray Dobermans at night.

It must be true, because I built a shark cage in my basement. If the shark doesn't exist, then why did I build the cage?

...that's the kind of logic I see here sometimes.

Last edited by banjomike; 04-17-2018 at 11:31 PM..

Old 04-17-2018, 11:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How does this play out?

They have you convinced I'm evil and you are disarmed?
Who are you talking to?

Seriously? Who?

Old 04-18-2018, 01:24 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So... you can see the military being let loose on citizens?

I'm logical enough to see what Bentbow means. I believe the point is that the left will have no qualms about disarming law abiding citizens, the very people who are being blamed every time a lunatic uses a gun.

I'm for politicians actually taking their oaths to uphold and defend the constitution seriously.

Something the left seem to consistently ignore is that the military is predominantly conservative, they would pretty much side with citizens and against politicians and tyrannical who would have them attack their own people. At least today and at this time, we have not devolved into Syria.

I truly hope this is no longer the case, but here is a thread hear on City-Data about the banning of the standard silhouette target.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...targets-3.html

And in the same thread a I posted a thread about how at one point the Department of Homeland Security was training it's personal in the use of firearms with very specific types of targets, Civilians of all walks of life. Now this thread was 3 years old and I have not heard any more about it since then, but at some point these targets were in use by Homeland Security.

https://www.infowars.com/company-beh...lion-from-dhs/

I will be the first one to admit some of the person type of targets are cool, a hostage type target, or a zombie or even the type of target of Hitler or some other equally bad person. But not everyday type of people.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:50 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Tell that to the N. Vietnamese, Afghanis against the British, AND the Soviet Union, and insurgents in Iraq, Mogadishu, and other places around the world. Those people used small arms, and/or found ways to get bigger ones.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
In which of these cases did the modern military unleash their entire strength?

Old 04-18-2018, 05:03 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What does this even mean? Are you implying men and women in our military will help disarm American citizens if it came to a civil war? If so, Lmao.

Most people in our military (if not all) believe in the 2nd amendment, and so do their family and possibly all their friends. Why would these men and women in our military want to disarm their family and friends using our "modern military weapons". Because government says so? Do you believe our military as made up of gun grabbing Liberals? Lmao

I can tell you my friends in the military will turn against our goverment if it came to that, and use the very killing machines/weapons they've been trained to use, too.
No, he is saying the argument has been the government for one reason or the other will start slaughtering Americans by the millions if we were disarmed. Obviously that is BS, but he was playing along with the right wing idea and saying if the government ever wanted to start slaughtering millions of people, gun ownwers wouldn’t have a chance.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:33 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Oh my... somebody's gotta stop the scary bad Texans before more feelz is hurted!

Yes, the mass-media is working in overdrive to convince the country that guns were shat out from Satan's unholy nethers and wanting one is akin to eating children but in the real world, far fewer folks are getting themselves suckered in by what are now easy to see through vintage propaganda strategies.

Despite all their efforts, gun control is STILL a unpopular to the majority... the Leftists aren't nearly as powerful as they think they are.

"Subject: : I am a Law abiding Citizen! .... turn up the volume"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vo_X53dNTS8

Old 04-18-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You are not evil just misinformed....please tell me why you need an assault style weapon to protect yourself?

YOU tell me WHY you think an assault "stye" weapon is so evil and should be banned?

Why are you so against the "LOOKS" of things that have no bearing on what they really are?

Which is NOT REAL military weapons.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Well they sure have one on Wikipedia, and if you just type it on google search, tons of info comes up.
"Well they sure have one on Wikipedia"

You obviously are NOT aware that ANYBODY can post on Wikipedia and modify any thing already posted.

Yes, there is a lot of good info BUT, a lot is NOT true also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies