Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:48 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

RIP, Mrs. Bush...

Keep it classy lefties...

Quote:
“Barbara Bush was a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal. F*** outta here with your nice words,” the professor tweeted.

Quote:
PSA: either you are against these pieces of s--- and their genocidal ways or you're part of the problem. That’s actually how simple this is. I'm happy the witch is dead. Can’t wait for the rest of her family to fall to their demise the way 1.5 million Iraqis have,” Jarrar said in another tweet

Keep it classy lefties....

Outrage as California prof calls Barbara Bush 'amazing racist' and says she's happy 'witch is dead' | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 10:49 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
RIP, Mrs. Bush...

Keep it classy lefties...

Keep it classy lefties....

I see you didn't bother to read through this thread, where some non-lefties right here on C-D posted unclassy statements about Mrs Bush. Most people on both sides have been kind and respectful, but there are always a few nutters - also on both sides, so stop pretending otherwise.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:04 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
its sad that the finest first lady in my lifetime has crossed the river. rest in peace mrs bush.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:08 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Lot of Stockholm Syndrome on display

Old 04-18-2018, 11:17 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Besides the obvious disgusting nature of this tweet, how does someone who is an English professor get away with this train wreck of a sentence?

Quote:
...generous and smart and amazing racist who...

Old 04-18-2018, 01:15 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
maybe its just that I was not interested in politics when the Bush's were in office, but I have no feelings for Barbara Bush. I don't get all the fawning over her. I just cant get into her, and I'm not sorrowful,, I guess I should be since everyone else is. Sorry, guys, I'm just not a fan.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:20 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
stay classy babs
Print the ENTIRE quote and the context in which it was said. She was talking about the tv news and media speculation on war.

Quote:
I watch none. He [former President Bush] sits and listens and I read books, because I know perfectly well that, don’t take offense, that 90 percent of what I hear on television is supposition, when we’re talking about the news. And he’s not, not as understanding of my pettiness about that. But why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it’s gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Or, I mean, it’s, it’s not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that? And watch him suffer.

Stay classy, Frankie.
Nice job.

You just ripped the sheets right off a liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Does anyone really know anything about her? I don’t ever remember hearing a peep out of her.

I’m sure she’ll be missed by her family, but I can’t think of anyone more enigmatic than Barbara Bush.
You must be pretty young? Or thinking of someone other than Barbara Bush. She was neither quiet or enigmatic, but rather fairly blunt and outspoken, albeit generally in a gracious way. This is a woman who quite recently joked with a doctor about her son, the former president while he was in the room. She asked the doctor if he wanted to know why George W was the way he was, and then answered her own question by saying she drank and smoke while pregnant with him!

Perhaps you are thinking of Laura, George W's wife? She is a much more reserved person, and I would say while not necessarily enigmatic, she choose to remain silent much of the time because the reality is that her opinions on many issues differed from her husband's and she didn't want her opinions to become a factor in his political life. Since he's been out of office, she's been a little more public about some of her opinions, so this isn't just speculation.
Huh, I just think he's racist against white people, especially conservative ones, but hey, that just based on my own opinion of what I've seen of him here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
You certainly did.

Tacky.
Just stating what I've heard and what I've experienced.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2001 View Post
Uptight? He was skydiving on his birthdays into his 70’s, and the local pizza joint they frequented had a pizza named after him.

But feel free to stereotype.
Lol...they fit the stereotype to me. Hell, I was an Army Paratrooper myself. Airborne units have some of the most uptight a-holes in the universe. You can’t even imagine.
Quote:
You must be pretty young? Or thinking of someone other than Barbara Bush. She was neither quiet or enigmatic, but rather fairly blunt and outspoken, albeit generally in a gracious way. This is a woman who quite recently joked with a doctor about her son, the former president while he was in the room. She asked the doctor if he wanted to know why George W was the way he was, and then answered her own question by saying she drank and smoke while pregnant with him!

Perhaps you are thinking of Laura, George W's wife? She is a much more reserved person, and I would say while not necessarily enigmatic, she choose to remain silent much of the time because the reality is that her opinions on many issues differed from her husband's and she didn't want her opinions to become a factor in his political life. Since he's been out of office, she's been a little more public about some of her opinions, so this isn't just speculation.
No really...I don’t remember Babs Bush ever saying a word outside of the errant wisecracking quip every blue moon. Otherwise, I have no recollection of her. And I was plenty old enough to remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No, they aren't Texans but they are anything but uptight.
Lol...I’ll be more magnanimous and say that they were very East Coast WASPY to the max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
maybe its just that I was not interested in politics when the Bush's were in office, but I have no feelings for Barbara Bush. I don't get all the fawning over her. I just cant get into her, and I'm not sorrowful,, I guess I should be since everyone else is. Sorry, guys, I'm just not a fan.
Same here. I don’t get it. Simply put, If you say “Barbara Bush,” it brings absolutely no emotion out of me. I feel no connection to her whatsoever. It’s like she was there, and then she was gone. All I can remember is her standing next to her husband when he blathered on about this or that, but I don’t remember her opening her mouth for more than an uttering of a biting but pithy comment.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:38 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
I see you didn't bother to read through this thread, where some non-lefties right here on C-D posted unclassy statements about Mrs Bush. Most people on both sides have been kind and respectful, but there are always a few nutters - also on both sides, so stop pretending otherwise.

Or, just maybe the MODS cut all those things out, before I posted this and have no clue what anyone posted........I know right...your mind just exploded....

Old 04-18-2018, 01:46 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Lovely lady. Rip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies