Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 06:41 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,661,296 times

Advertisements

I don’t have one. The last one I went to invited some dregs into the party and it literally went off the rails. Someone gave them all the credit cards in the room and they promptly went over the limit on a binge of epic proportions.

Then they started kicking people out who were originally happy to be with the party just cause they didn’t think exactly the same things or looked the same way as they did.

So the party ended up just being a close knit group of like minded, debt riddled fools with not much to talk about other than everyone else had been kicked out of the party.

Kinda sad party.....

Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Killing babies for sh*ts and giggles is up on the list.
You're not just whistling dixie.

They All Have Names is a program that tries to address the abortion of babies with Down Syndrome, like they do in Iceland.

Dr Gina Loudon is asking for funding in the efforts for folks who want to adopt these unwanted babies instead of killing them.

What a sick world and what a sick situation for our government to have to be on that side of this thing.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
They promote BS .

Well when you host them rarely do you get to enjoy them.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:30 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I could go on. And, sure, some in the GOP voted for these policies (it was different back then...we had reasonable republicans), but by and large these are the doings of the Dems.
So, I thought this was a thread where we could point out the negatives of the parties we largely support, yet you insist on taking pots at Republicans yet again. I'm not going to go into all the Dem failures, because that isn't the point of this thread.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:58 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Republican: That they won't fight the Dems on anything but keep rolling over:

1) Ending DACA - FAILED
2.) Ending Obamacare- FAILED
3.) Ending Planned Parenthood federal funding- FAILED
4.) Build the wall - FAILED
5.) Prosecute Hillary, Obama, Lerner, Holder, Lynch, etc for blatant abuses of power - FAILED
6.) Rein in spending - FAILED
7.) Protect religious liberty - MIXED (Some states did and some didn't)
8.) Tax reform - SOME
9.) Pulling out of stupid Paris agreement - DONE (I hope)
10.) Ending Common Core and Fed Ed - FAILED
11.) Stopping abuse of H1B, L1, etc visas: FAILED
12.) Stopping government spying into our lives : FAILED
13.) Get rid of stupid Export-Import Bank: FAILED
14.) Stand up the media and liberal namecalling - FAILED
15.) Supporting Article V Convention of States - MIXED (some have supported us but some "Republican" leaders in state legislatures have held up our bills, sometimes single-handedly.)
16.) Defunding Planned Parenthood at the state level - MANY SUCCESSES
17.) Stopping Common Core at the state level - Some have tried but too often they just rename it, but they are being made to keep it by the federal government so they can't do much but nullify or use Article V. In short, FAILED.
I have to admire your honesty with this post.
Good for you for taking on the spirit of the thread.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:12 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
I don't trust either political side, in my opinion, politicians are the lowest form of life. I don't trust any of them as far as I could throw a car.

Having said that it come down to whom I distrust the least.

As far as things that should be changed, once a politician is no longer in office, no more Secret Service Protection. Now you are a ordinary citizen, if you want the extra security, you are on the hook for it.

If insider trading would get me thrown in jail, then the same should apply to them.

End any and all other life benefits from being a senator or congressman. They are just as responsible for their retirement as anyone else. You only get pension for the time you served within that organization.

PUT INTO PLACE TERM LIMITS. No more than two consecutive terms in office, then you must sit out at least two terms. Then you can re-run for a office.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:16 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
I hate both parties on illegal immigration. Democrats roll over to support illegal immigrants for zero gain (no, illegal immigrants don't vote, they don't care). Republicans run campaigns on getting rid of them but do nothing about it (not to mention the talking heads and pundits who get rich by b****ing about them), which is the worst of both worlds: do jack squat to get rid of the problem, but inspire discrimination against Mexicans who are here legally & their culture.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:17 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The fact that we don't have more of them. Our two party system is a dismal failure.
It's not a 2 party system.
There were 4 main candidates in 2016. And a lot of minor candidates.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:23 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
I'm a Republican.
I hate that the Republican Party has dug in so deep with the right-to-life business. Abortion is legal. My party should step aside and let it be.
I hate that my party has aligned with NRA and refuses to pass gun ownership rules that make sense. I personally believe that semi-automatic weapons should not be sold to civilians.
I wish that Republicans in general did not believe that God is a Republican, and is ready with His thumb on the scale so that we 'good guys' will win.

A hate all of that.
But I will never vote for the party of Pelosi, Clinton, Reid, Schumer, and BLM, who are simply Godless liars.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Can't really answer cause I don't really identify with a party. I dislike fundamentalist zealots of all stripes, Democrat, republican, religious, etc.... I dislike people who think their audience are idiots ripe for manipulation, especially when they are proven right, I don't like the audience that proves them right either. I don't like people who make it up as they go along, shapeshifters. Don't like highly self absorbed people, one uppers, shout talkers, interrupters, weasels, liars but especially liars who will tell you dumb lies and expect you to accept it. People who think your business is their business, people who think their business should be everyone's business, people who hide dirty business while pretending to do clean business. People who talk big all the time, but you know theyd be first out the door if tshtf. Braggarts, punch downers, exploiters, pysical bullies, legal bullies, psychological bullies, professional victims, whiners, people who dish it out all day but can't take it. People who know they are being dishonest or manipulative but do it anyway because they think it's a game to win. People who play dumb when they aren't, because no one is that dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies