Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 11:43 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Good point. We all know how Putin and his thugs run things.
I honestly think that's on Trump's mind, too. He loves his family and I think he owes the Russian oligarchs/mob money. As much as a huffer and puffer as he is, he's very deferential to Putin and his minions. I think that's the leverage Putin has over him.

All of the above is completely unsubstantiated. But given what we do know, I think it's a plausible theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 11:44 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Wow, are you reaching on that connection! I guess we're back to that "I know you are but what am I" defense...
As I said, it's not my theory, and I don't know if it's correct.

However, the person who put out this theory also said Cohen would be pressured to end his lawsuit, and here we are.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hey libs, do you really it takes, dropping a lawsuit to find out if someone traveled to Prague!

You guys are too funny!
You do realize there are a lot more complex implications with the disintegration of the lawsuit, correct?

There were a lot more allegations regarding Fusion GPS and Buzzfeed involved in the suit than they were lying about Prague.

The lawsuit stated the 'dossier' was FAKE. You know, the 'dossier' that the right wingers have been screaming about for a year, and blaming on Clinton? Yes--that 'dossier.'

Cohen in now indicating that the 'dossier' is TRUE, because he would have to testify to prove it false, and he can't.

Does that make it clearer?

You may think it is , but Trump the P-P--president, is going to be and .

Old 04-19-2018, 12:07 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Very interesting development: Cohen has dropped the libel lawsuits he filed against BuzzFeed & Fusion GPS over the dossier. Now won’t have to answer related questions in litigation including on whether or not he went to Prague to meet with Russian oligarchs. Comes days after McClatchy reported Mueller has evidence he was in Prague.

Coincidence, I am sure.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uzzfeed-fusion

By the way that reminds that, to the contrary of state TV propaganda on fox news, steele dossier was originally funded by republicans, not dems (not that it matters to the methodology and reputation of Steele and his sources).

Reminder: Steele dossier was corroborated on at least a few aspects of Trump-Russia: manafort, page and coffee boy.
just to be clear, the Hillary CLinton campaign paid upwards of 12 MILLION Dollars for the Steele Dossier... no matter how it got started, Clinton funded it to the tune of 12 million dollars.

its a misdirection to suggest this thing is on the republicans.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:19 PM

613 posts, read 360,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
just to be clear, the Hillary CLinton campaign paid upwards of 12 MILLION Dollars for the Steele Dossier... no matter how it got started, Clinton funded it to the tune of 12 million dollars.

its a misdirection to suggest this thing is on the republicans.
Again, no factual basis for $12m payment. You are taking the entire legal compliance amount that Perkins was paid for representing Clinton campaign in all matters.

You sir are fake news.

"Perkins Coie was paid $12.4 million to represent the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 race, according to campaign finance filings, though most of that money probably went to legal compliance"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/u...ul-singer.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/u...a-dossier.html

Then again the investigation into trump russia was started regardless of the steele dossier. Additionally, the funding origin does not change the fact Steele was highly credible with MI6, his sources were deemed credible, and the portions on manafort, page and coffee boy already turnt out true.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Very interesting development: Cohen has dropped the libel lawsuits he filed against BuzzFeed & Fusion GPS over the dossier. Now won’t have to answer related questions in litigation including on whether or not he went to Prague to meet with Russian oligarchs. Comes days after McClatchy reported Mueller has evidence he was in Prague.

Coincidence, I am sure.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uzzfeed-fusion

By the way that reminds that, to the contrary of state TV propaganda on fox news, steele dossier was originally funded by republicans, not dems (not that it matters to the methodology and reputation of Steele and his sources).

Reminder: Steele dossier was corroborated on at least a few aspects of Trump-Russia: manafort, page and coffee boy.
Cohen must be really worried! Good for him.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Hey libs, do you really it takes, dropping a lawsuit to find out if someone traveled to Prague!

You guys are too funny!

Passport records would be hard to hide this long.....

Old 04-19-2018, 12:51 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You do realize there are a lot more complex implications with the disintegration of the lawsuit, correct?

There were a lot more allegations regarding Fusion GPS and Buzzfeed involved in the suit than they were lying about Prague.

The lawsuit stated the 'dossier' was FAKE. You know, the 'dossier' that the right wingers have been screaming about for a year, and blaming on Clinton? Yes--that 'dossier.'

Cohen in now indicating that the 'dossier' is TRUE, because he would have to testify to prove it false, and he can't.

Does that make it clearer?

You may think it is , but Trump the P-P--president, is going to be and .
I generally agree. Although I have not read the original suit filed by Mr. Cohen alleging libel, I very much doubt that "the defendant libeled the plaintiff by claiming the defendant travelled to Prague" was one of the libels cited.

Saying that someone travelled to some city is not, per se, libelous or slanderous.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:54 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I honestly think that's on Trump's mind, too. He loves his family and I think he owes the Russian oligarchs/mob money. As much as a huffer and puffer as he is, he's very deferential to Putin and his minions. I think that's the leverage Putin has over him.

All of the above is completely unsubstantiated. But given what we do know, I think it's a plausible theory.
^^^^Spot on. Trump became such a credit risk, no reputable bank here in the states would lend him money so the only way to get his projects financed was to get cash infusions from shady overseas characters. It sounds like a broken record but as long as Mueller and his team of investigators follow the money trail, he'll uncover all kinds of skeletons in Donny's closet.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:00 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,001 times
Quote:

You guys are too funny!

Oh, we are laughing alright ! This whole fiasco is the funniest show ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies