Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times

Advertisements

http://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/987317182173450240
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 10:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
'murica...

Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
I would imagine you could say that about a lot of lawyers including Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

Not everyone with a law license has clients.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:11 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Guiliani must be senile to have made this claim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbo_DMJFMb0

Old 04-20-2018, 10:39 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And so what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yea I don't get it. Mueller is a Republican, why would he give a crap?
You have to understand that there was never any Russian collusion.

Mueller was brought in to find something, anything on Trump to have leverage on him, and control him to protect the status quo.

It sure looks like Mueller failed to find anything on Trump, and now the clock is running out, it's quite likely that Session is now the one with all the leverage. Mueller is now forced to abandon the witch hunt, and work to save those in the cross hairs of Sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Negotiate? What's to negotiate?
Read my reply above.

Mueller is going to negotiate a exit, and to protect those that could be facing indictments.

Simply put, end the witch hunt, or people in the swamp start getting indicted. Mueller can't let that happen.

It appears to be time for both sides to put their cards on the table, and see who has what, and cut a deal from there.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:28 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Mueller was brought in to find something, anything on Trump to have leverage on him, and control him to protect the status quo.

It sure looks like Mueller failed to find anything on Trump, and now the clock is running out, it's quite likely that Session is now the one with all the leverage. Mueller is now forced to abandon the witch hunt, and work to save those in the cross hairs of Sessions.

Read my reply above.

Mueller is going to negotiate a exit, and to protect those that could be facing indictments.

Simply put, end the witch hunt, or people in the swamp start getting indicted. Mueller can't let that happen.

It appears to be time for both sides to put their cards on the table, and see who has what, and cut a deal from there.
I agree there was no Russian collusion. At the most you have a president and is family naive to the game of politics in Washington who made mistakes based on the false assumption that what is ok in the private sector is ok in the political world.

However I disagree that time is running out on Mueller. There is no time clock on IC's. He does not have to put his cards on the table or negotiate anything. Its fantasy-land to think that is the case. The Clinton IC took 4 years. I personally believe if you are going to have an IC it should be very limited in scope done within a predetermined time frame. If the GOP want to make it this way they should change the law. But just like the dems and the EC there is a lot of talk but no action.

This whole thing could go on for 3 or 4 more years. Sit down grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Nailed it!

At this point with the memos being released and proving the claims made by the press and DoJ hacks were outright lies. Once again proving Trump was right.

I wonder how long it'll be before the left openly hate Comey again. First he was a traitor, then he was a great man... both ends of the scale without so much as a thought to how constantly hypocritical they are being.

Now Comey is backing off and turning on McCabe, McCabe is turning on Comey, McCabe is going to sue for defamation of character (ROFL), referrals for indictments are raining down from the heavens.

It's going to be a GREAT summer filled with corrupt players scrambling to make deals with the states attorneys. This will make Watergate look like a high school prank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
This whole thing could go on for 3 or 4 more years. Sit down grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.
Oh, it'll go on for years... but it won't be Mueller's investigation. I'll bet hard cash he will be done by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:35 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Is it bedtime already? It must be with all the fairy tales now being told.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
I agree there was no Russian collusion. At the most you have a president and is family naive to the game of politics in Washington who made mistakes based on the false assumption that what is ok in the private sector is ok in the political world.

However I disagree that time is running out on Mueller. There is no time clock on IC's. He does not have to put his cards on the table or negotiate anything. Its fantasy-land to think that is the case. The Clinton IC took 4 years. I personally believe if you are going to have an IC it should be very limited in scope done within a predetermined time frame. If the GOP want to make it this way they should change the law. But just like the dems and the EC there is a lot of talk but no action.

Trump and is family are grifters and there is enough documented factual history to prove this.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:57 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,688 times
Quote:

I completely agree with you that Mueller intended to run his investigation for quite a long time, years if need be. He isn't going to stop until he either finds something on Trump, or he is forced to stop.

If it's true that there are things on Weiner's laptop that compromise Hillary, and that indictments of high ranking officials in the FBI/DOJ are forthcoming, then yes, Giuliani can force Mueller to negotiate an end of his investigation.

It's hard to know how all of this will play out, but the people in Sessions' cross hairs are sweating, you can see it as they start to point fingers at each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies