Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:47 PM

10,520 posts, read 6,156,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Honestly, the guy is a moron, but if he honestly believes that he did nothing wrong, then yes. Why wouldnt he want it to continue? You don't have to believe he is innocent, but from a logical perspective anyone who thinks they are totally innocent would absolutely want it to continue and come to a conclusion.

I don't know, little things like the unleashed weekend tweet storms, the cries of 'witch hunt', the daily 'there was no collusion' mantra, and the random threats and firings, all tip most of us off, that Trump is not exactly happy with the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 10:48 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I don't know, little things like the unleashed weekend tweet storms, the cries of 'witch hunt', the daily 'there was no collusion' mantra, and the random threats and firings, all tip most of us off, that Trump is not exactly happy with the situation.
Or just someone who legitimately (in their own mind) believes they are operating 100% within the law. Not saying you need to believe that, but it is a 100% reasonable explanation as to why he would want the investigation to continue. Lost of people believe they are 100% right about things, until someone proves them wrong.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:54 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ah, yes, the "leftist" news sources are all talking about them, but, unlike the way your side sees it, these memos simply confirm that Comey was telling the truth and his memories were accurate.

However, I am not surprised at your attempted spin on this at all.

How does a guy confirm something by writing a note to himself?

Old 04-19-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Or just someone who legitimately (in their own mind) believes they are operating 100% within the law. Not saying you need to believe that, but it is a 100% reasonable explanation as to why he would want the investigation to continue. Lost of people believe they are 100% right about things, until someone proves them wrong.
I have never seen any viable evidence that Trump 'wants' the investigation to continue, only evidence to the contrary.
There may well be no evidence that Trump colluded. But he's clearly very angry about the investigation and it's been widely reported that he wants it concluded as soon as possible.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Do you really think that Trump wants the investigation to continue?
Really?
Comey did and he said so.
The reason to make memos is to make a record of facts that can be referred to in the future to stimulate memory of events.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Comey did and he said so.
The reason to make memos is to make a record of facts that can be referred to in the future to stimulate memory of events.
Umm what?
I know what Comeys reason was for keeping memos.

Comey said what?

Old 04-19-2018, 11:10 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
[quote]
Quote:
I have never seen any viable evidence that Trump 'wants' the investigation to continue, only evidence to the contrary.
Well now you have. Comey's own words in the memo.

Quote:
There may well be no evidence that Trump colluded. But he's clearly very angry about the investigation and it's been widely reported that he wants it concluded as soon as possible.
That's commonsense. Who would want a witch hunt going on while trying to deal with the serious issues of running the country. Any volunteers want to be in that position ? Please step forward so we can separate the idiots from the rest.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:16 PM

[quote=phma;51669360]
Quote:

Well now you have. Comey's own words in the memo.
I'm going to need to see a link please.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Yes. Rachel Maddow discussed them with Comey himself face to face minutes after they were leaked, for a full hour.
If you want to be informed watch MSNBC.

Actually, Rachel Maddow is ****ing retarded and I have proof!

https://www.imediaethics.org/msnbc-r...hristwire-org/

She believed the Christwire satire site was legitimate even though they print stuff like...

"It is estimated that the army must spend more then $500,000,000,000 per year in programs aimed at diversity recruitment and training. A dramatic increase of budget would be achieved if the army turned back to only housing Caucasian males."

Mission - ChristWire

It's sentence after sentence of insane hyperbole credited to authors that don't exist!

Google the names.

The only thing that pops up is Christwire and stories about internet satire.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Honestly, the guy is a moron, but if he honestly believes that he did nothing wrong, then yes. Why wouldnt he want it to continue? You don't have to believe he is innocent, but from a logical perspective anyone who thinks they are totally innocent would absolutely want it to continue and come to a conclusion.

You make a really good point t206!

Everyone that is truly innocent welcomes a criminal investigation.

Just today, I was hoping that the local police would take me down to the station to see if I matched any descriptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies