Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 05:59 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times

Advertisements

Endless wars, trillions in taxes, suffocating debt, so many laws no one can count them, govt in your bedrooms and govt in your bodies... did ya'll vote for that?

On election day stay home, read a book, take a hike, spend time with family,etc. don't empower the politicians who end doing what they want no matter the promises to the contrary. No politician can represent your interests and your neighbors at the same time without robbing one you blind, stop being a willing victim to the crime.
Voting is a civics con job forwarded in govt school, your vote does not matter, its a rigged game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 05:59 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I would never concede that the hundreds of thousands who died for the country died in vain.
Why do Americans love death so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I am much more concerned about the number of Citizens who do not bother to register to vote, and the number who ARE registered to vote, but can't be bothered to do so!
I'm much more worried about the people that keep voting Republican and Democrat even though it's so obvious how corrupt those two organizations are

Old 04-20-2018, 06:01 AM

553 posts, read 616,092 times
Another gem from this survey (excerpt from the survey taker's summary of the results)

Quote:
U.S. employees would give a lot back to their employers if the latter decided to hand out 10 percent raises. 55.9 percent of respondents would work an extra 10 hours per week for the rest of their life it they could have their salary increased by 10 percent, while 50.4 percent would work one day every weekend for the next year.
I don't think all of them are working 100-hour weeks...

Old 04-20-2018, 06:02 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, baloney!

I never had to "beg" my boss for a raise! If one does the job he is hired to do, and does it well, he doesn't need to beg for a raise.

If you head for the door 15 minutes before quitting time, waiting for the clock to strike 5:00 PM (or whenever your quitting time is), you don't deserve a raise, and it has been my experience that this is what too many hourly employees do. Yes, I've worked in manufacturing, first as a technician on the bench, then in field service, to Lease Administrator, and then to Sales Administration Supervisor. How was I able to advance? Because I did my job, and I went the extra mile. I put in the time, and when necessary, I willingly stayed over to complete a job and get a product shipped. I made an effort to learn how the business operated, too. I learned about production planning, material control, shipping and receiving, and even spent some time doing QC (quality control, for those of you who don't know what that is). I learned about invoicing and export administration (Letters of Credit, or LC, which are payment instruments, of which there are several types).

That's how one earns raises and advancement. You don't need a union to do your bidding to force your employer to give you a raise without earning it. That is a raise you don't deserve!
Good for you. Not everybody has your company or situation. Some are in jobs with large power structures in which the employees are just a number. The boss doesn’t even know you or your “devotion”. Give the company your time if you like but not all companies are going to show any appreciation. This country has a history of paying low or slave wages and they would gladly put kids in the workforce working 12 hours a day for minimum wage if they could. Republicans would gladly do away with the minimum wage law if they could. Who wouldn’t like an employee who works for $2.00 and hour with NO benefits? Seems like many would....

Old 04-20-2018, 06:03 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

On the national stage, given that it's possible for eleven states to elect the POTUS, it's hardly surprising so many see little value in their votes.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:04 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
That’s why some jobs need UNIONS. They negotiate your raises. No hat in hand and begging your boss for his chump change. Wake up. Look at the West Virginia teachers. When you talk in one voice, good things happen.

I don't beg for pay raises and I don't pay union dues and I do quiet well for myself, thank you.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:07 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Good for you. Not everybody has your company or situation. Some are in jobs with large power structures in which the employees are just a number. The boss doesn’t even know you or your “devotion”. Give the company your time if you like but not all companies are going to show any appreciation. This country has a history of paying low or slave wages and they would gladly put kids in the workforce working 12 hours a day for minimum wage if they could. Republicans would gladly do away with the minimum wage law if they could. Who wouldn’t like an employee who works for $2.00 and hour with NO benefits? Seems like many would....
Children were put to work in some households to pay the bills or to survive. Captalism, industrialization, increased labor efficiencies etc. raised the purchasing power of the people and children no longer needed to work. We see examples of this in the present as the so called poor today have cars,cell phones, computers, air conditioning, etc. all thanks to captalism, (which should never be confused with govt welfare schemes).
Oh and min.wage laws took away many entry level jobs in the workplace. Wage laws destroy opportunity.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Voting is a sham, hopefully it means people are catching on.
Yep. What exactly does voting accomplish? Even if the candidate you voted for gets elected, once they enter office, they do whatever they want anyway. The only input they get from us is whether or not they are hired. It's unbelieveable how unaccountable politicians are to the public considering we're supposed to be their boss.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:28 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber123rd View Post
Another gem from this survey (excerpt from the survey taker's summary of the results)

I don't think all of them are working 100-hour weeks...
The idiocracy of America. I’m wondering if these yokels even understand what 10 percent of their income equals. I hate to say it, but it’s probably better that they don’t vote. :/

Old 04-20-2018, 06:34 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yep. What exactly does voting accomplish? Even if the candidate you voted for gets elected, once they enter office, they do whatever they want anyway. The only input they get from us is whether or not they are hired. It's unbelieveable how unaccountable politicians are to the public considering we're supposed to be their boss.
Actually, the problem does not originate with voting.

It originates with dark money contributions to politicians. This money pays for propaganda to drive the electorate to support people who ultimately do them harm.

This is why politicians are avoiding 'town hall' formats and putting more time into fundraising dinners. People who pay the $500 or $10,000 to get a seat at the table get personal one-on-one access to these politicians, and most of them are not constituents. They are buying access.

Then these 'whales' get follow-up calls, personal phone calls from the candidate (of course asking for money, but listening too). There are phone banks set up for this purpose. These call recipients usually don't live in the district/state and have more influence over our representatives positions than we do.

By not voting, we make their jobs that much easier, less people needed to hoax and promote their anti-people agenda. We are enablers.

What we need to do is put a stop to dark money in politics, not boycott the polling booth!

We need to become more engaged ... for the sake of our families, communities and republic ... not less so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies