Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 11:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump is now referring to James Comey as "shadey Comey". Jeezus Christ! He can't even spell the word "shady". The guy is practically illiterate. What a maroon.
He doesn't read. Seriously. Just like his flock, he watches Fox.

One wishes they didn't have to say such a thing about a leader...he actually may be less informed than Sarah Palin, and that's saying something.

As long as he uses the "best words" over and over again, they'll love him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 01:02 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He doesn't read. Seriously. Just like his flock, he watches Fox.

One wishes they didn't have to say such a thing about a leader...he actually may be less informed than Sarah Palin, and that's saying something.

As long as he uses the "best words" over and over again, they'll love him!
Yeah, Sarah--you betcha!-- Palin is like a Mensa member compared to Trump.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:06 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
It's easy to project yourself as a successful businessman when you obscure any information about your finances.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:11 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
This thread brought to you by the "Smokescreening for Trump" committee.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Sarah--you betcha!-- Palin is like a Mensa member compared to Trump.
When you have someone talking about how smart they are or how they "have a good brain" and that becomes a pattern, usually it's compensating for the fact that in reality they would lose a checkers match to a turnip green if they were so challenged.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:20 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
When you have someone talking about how smart they are or how they "have a good brain" and that becomes a pattern, usually it's compensating for the fact that in reality they would lose a checkers match to a turnip green if they were so challenged.
Well, to be fair to Trump I think he might be evenly matched with a turnip green.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Well, to be fair to Trump I think he might be evenly matched with a turnip green.
He might have one checker left on the board when it's over.

He might win at Connect Four if he could count to four without assistance.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Unfortunately, his "success" and election reflects on the USA and our people as a whole.
It was predicted long ago.

I have lived through a lot of POTUS terms (IKE onward)...and while there have been some scary characters close to the office (VPs like Palin and Quayle), none of the real idiots made it to the Oval Office until GW. Being a history nut, I knew enough (and read up) on GW to know he was going to be useless...and was not up to the job. However, when he was appointed (which made it doubly bad), I thought "well, how much harm can he really do - maybe this will just be a comedy act?"...

Wow, was I wrong? Who would have possibly thought one man could do so much damage? I won't ever list anything past the first two (Great Recession and Wars), but there are so many other things he did (or didn't do) that we pretty much went backwards about 20 years...

But even he had some reasonable people in his administration. Some business, like the EPA and higher MPG...went onward (Bush actually signed it!), so we can't compare GW to the current POTUS.

We have finally hit the very very bottom - to the point where an Actual baboon with 3 or 4 buttons in front of him or her could do as good of a job (most decisions are simply multiple choice)....

The famous writer H L Mencken:

"he wrote 96 years ago predicting that, "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

The moron observation was the last line of a column that appeared July 26, 1920, in the Baltimore Evening Sun, a newspaper Mencken helped found"

The only good thing about this POTUS, if we actually survive, is that it is likely our next one will probably rate much higher....although a Pence type character wouldn't really be good either (world is gonna end, christian nation, and all that)....

At this point of my life I'm not holding my breath awaiting the doing away with Citizen United and all of the election fraud. I just really hope it doesn't cost my kids and grandkids too much in blood and treasure.

I must say, however, that I will gloat long and hard if Trump comes in one the last 2 or 3 spots in the historical rankings. So far he's doing great - #45 out of 45! That's a hard goal to reach...

Sure, Nixon was a madman...and a crook. But he was smart and he actually did a bunch of things that could be looked back on as positive. You could say the same about all the POTUS'es of our time, IMHO...except two. GW and Mr. Trump. They do not receive a passing grade (from historians or yours truly).

Old 04-20-2018, 05:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I thought you said you voted for him? am I mis-remembering this?
Sure did and did so despite alternatively despising/ pitying him as a human.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:29 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sure did and did so despite despising him as a human.
Are you regretting your vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies