Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you disowned somebody because of how they voted?
Yes 21 15.22%
No 117 84.78%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:30 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you block liberals who post this also? Or just conservatives?
It has never come up, since all my liberal friends and acquaintances are moderate liberals.

White, deep south liberals tend to be what y'all refer to as "limosuine liberals," or at least sort of reserved about their liberalism.

White, deep south conservatives outnumber them by a huge margin, so it isn't an apples-to-apples comparison for me. Overall my FB feed is not very political, and most of the political posts come from a small, specific group of older conservatives who are very vocal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 09:35 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,950 times
i block people all the time. when you demonstrate you are just plain stupid and/or have a mental disorder I do not want to waste time reading what you have to say.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:40 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
It has never come up, since all my liberal friends and acquaintances are moderate liberals.

White, deep south liberals tend to be what y'all refer to as "limosuine liberals," or at least sort of reserved about their liberalism.

White, deep south conservatives outnumber them by a huge margin, so it isn't an apples-to-apples comparison for me. Overall my FB feed is not very political, and most of the political posts come from a small, specific group of older conservatives who are very vocal.
Just curious. Thanks for the reply.

I am apolitical, and don't align with either party so I see all of the above from both sides since I am not in a carefully selected social feedback loop.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:42 AM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,914 times
Nope. Don’t hate the player but hate the game.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:57 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Never.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
No, of course not.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Just curious. Thanks for the reply.

I am apolitical, and don't align with either party so I see all of the above from both sides since I am not in a carefully selected social feedback loop.
Where I currently live, I often see left-leaning activists in the newspaper, and I look them up on facebook.

I frequently find what I see to be ignorant, if not morally abhorrent. So that sort of thing definitely exists, I just don't see it unless I go looking for it.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:06 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
I had some liberal friends and family pre Trump and it was my mistake to mention on facebook a few times that Trump might not be so bad. I was slammed and dumped by these folks. Oh well, the liberal loons are out there and these folks had a heavy dose of Trump Derangement Syndrome. I'm better off without them.

What is weird is that I am certainly willing to talk with anyone about their views and beliefs on any topic and have a healthy debate and walk away friends but when it comes to talking politics with someone that is a Democrat they are the most narrow minded angry people I have ever met.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:08 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Just no.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:09 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
No, but I was blocked by a longtime friend on facebook because she kept trying to post about how she was a liberal but why we should understand why people voted for Trump.

After 3 months of constant stuff about this, I told her nobody really cares why people vote the way they do and asked why she keeps posting stuff asking about it, especially if she was a liberal.

She also kept complaining about how her grown kids didn't have any opportunities for anything (mind you they live in the boondocks and the kid she was speaking of was a high school drop out) and I told her that her kids, especially the one without the high school diploma or GED should 1 - get a GED and 2 - move out of their area to one with better employment opportunities to people with little education. I suggested even my hometown and told her I could assist her daughter (I personally know this person) and her daughter's husband in finding a place and getting a job. We have a lot of factory jobs here that pay $10-$15 an hour for unskilled people and with two adults working, they can live a good life here - plus its cheap to live here. She accused me of not understanding the plight of Millenials (lol) and blocked me when I told her she is just making excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies