Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:20 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm a Republican that has voted for Obama (not once but twice) and voted for Trump. And as much as I despise crooked Hillary, I would have supported her and criticize any Republican who attempted to delegitimized her if she had won.

Why on God's green earth would any real proud American want their President to fail is beyond me (it just doesn't make any sense).

Since 2016, I never knew we had so many crybabies, SMH LOl. Just unbelievable.

If Trump gets forced out, so efn what! America will survive and remain the best country in the world, regardless who is President.
The only crybabies are Trump supporters who are upset that not everyone sees their supreme leader as the messiah that they see him as.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:21 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
So, in one breadth you lambast "deep state" talk, and in another you claim that we are on the precipice of a "third world failed state"?
What you are calling "deep state" I call the mechanisms in our government that prevent Trump from completely turning the US into Idi Amin's Uganda.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:24 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The Dems have not attacked Trump for being an outsider, that's just completely bogus. They have attacked him because he's clueless and dangerous, doesn't know what he's doing, changes his mind with every breeze that goes by, has de-legitimized the US in the eyes of our allies and trading partners around the world, has brought more corruption to Washington than perhaps ever seen before, has brought more unqualified people to positions of power than ever before, and to the extent that he has any policy principles that he actually stands by, they are antithetical to Democratic values.
Holy Cow, is that a twisted view!! No big surprise since the media ignores every positive action, and twists every comment into some kind of controversial b.s.

He campaigned on coming to DC specifically because he WASN'T a politician and wanted to have our government work for the people instead of special interests. For someone who you states is so clueless and dangerous, he has made significant progress in eliminating ISIS, is currently working toward the de-nuclearization of N Korea, brought back millions of jobs and has already negotiated better trade deals with more to come.

As far as corruption.....where is it? Not a single accusation has been proven. What's brewing is the exposure of the totally corrupt Obama administration. Now, THAT's what I call corruption.

Thank God his policy principles are antithetical to Democratic values. That's exactly the reason I voted for him.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm a Republican that has voted for Obama (not once but twice) and voted for Trump. And as much as I despise crooked Hillary, I would have supported her and criticize any Republican who attempted to delegitimized her if she had won.

Why on God's green earth would any real proud American want their President to fail is beyond me (it just doesn't make any sense).

Since 2016, I never knew we had so many crybabies, SMH LOl. Just unbelievable.

If Trump gets forced out, so efn what! America will survive and remain the best country in the world, regardless who is President.

THIS ^^^ BY A MILE!!!

I voted for Johnson, wanted Rand Paul... but the way the left (the herd and politicians) are actively trying to destroy Trump because they lost, the way they have become the most anti-American tribe EVER, I will be voting for Trump in 2020, and down the line for Pubs (eek) in 2018.

We cannot let this country fall to the maniacal progressives. Does anyone want this country to be exactly like CA? I can't stand it here anymore, just as 150,000 people (per year) have left for the same reason.

The lunatic politicians here have decided CA is a country that they rule over. They are above the law and have broken their oaths of office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
What you are calling "deep state" I call the mechanisms in our government that prevent Trump from completely turning the US into Idi Amin's Uganda.
Can you clarify how Trump would do that? Wait... okay got the salt for my popcorn. Ready when you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The only crybabies are Trump supporters who are upset that not everyone sees their supreme leader as the messiah that they see him as.
The irony here is that the right view Presidents as Presidents. Funny how it was the left that hailed Obama as some kind of Messiah, treating him as a supreme leader instead of a President who is limited Constitutionally. The left openly claimed they would crown Hillary "Queen". WTF are you trying to transpose the lefts nonsense onto the right?

The left own the desire to trash the Constitution, no matter how much they deny any such thing. If a progressive is talking/typing they are probably lying.

Last edited by steven_h; 04-20-2018 at 12:33 PM..

Old 04-20-2018, 12:25 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
No big surprise since the media ignores every positive action
Examples?

Old 04-20-2018, 12:28 PM

182 posts, read 331,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Founding Fathers set up America to give everyone a chance to vote and to get involved in politics.
That's not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting..._United_States

Old 04-20-2018, 12:29 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Yeah, because calling investigation "politicized" when it produced already so much evidence of trump's corruption and criminality, is not emotional at all.

You have money laundering, conspiracy against the US, bank fraud, lying to the FBI, failure to register as agents of foreign countries evidenced but the investigation is "politicized".

Sure, sean hannity lol.
What corruption and criminality is Trump guilty of? Where are the charges? There aren't any. Someone who worked in his campaign and was guilty of an offense that occurred long before Trump even decided to run doesn't count. Nice try, though.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:30 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
I know, I know. It's all liberal fantasy.

There is a degree of probability of that however based on his lawyers and staff that are heavily concerned about findings in ongoing probes, between Cohen probe and the Special Counsel's investigation. Not saying it's more likely than not, time will tell.

Let's say though that the united forces of George Soros, deep state and Obama's evil kenyan alter ego win and force Trump to leave office early (or whatever state tv fox news makes up to attack American patriots in the justice system doing their job).

What is going to be your reaction? Are you going take it to the streets?
I will try and remove the Democrats from power by civilian force as I will treat it as no different than a military coup.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:30 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Examples?
people (lots of people) are saying his parade will be the greatest parade that there will ever be

Old 04-20-2018, 12:32 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,605,459 times
Quote:
10 years from now you'll be embarrassed to say you were a Trump voter and supporter, and that you didn't see any of this coming. What's happening now is more or less what I thought would happen - Trump turns the WH into his personal family business, with all the nepotism and corruption that comes with it, with a minority in the peanut gallery cheering it on for replacing the corruption that had been.

You do not solve a problem by replacing it with another.
See, I think that the people who regret voting for Trump have already come to that realization a long time ago and probably expressed it. On the other hand, I think there's something innate about his hardcore supporters, those that support him when evidence suggests that's a bad idea, that blocks them from admitting when they're in the wrong.

Personally, even if I disagree with most of Trump's politics, unlike a lot of the rhetoric that wanted to defeat Obama no matter what he did, if Trump comes up with a good idea, I wouldn't be opposed to supporting it just because it came from Trump. That certainly isn't the case for those who "hoped he fails" when it came to Obama, and that came to just about everything, even if it would have benefited the country (which is of course, subject to one's interpretation of what actually does benefit the country).

If Trump were to be forced to resign and be removed, it needs to occur through proper due process as this has serious constitutional implications that shouldn't be taken lightly. Even with a rock solid case for doing it and going over and above in due process to get there, if that were to occur, you will have people who blame Obama or "Leftists" or "snowflakes" but you can't make everybody happy.

By the way, I think (or at least hope) there are a lot of people who reason through this more like me than people who are on one extreme or another, either those who would support him if he were to do something totally criminal and malicious or those that wouldn't support him if he cured all cancers (just like people who are on these extremes for any other politician).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies