Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:21 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times

Advertisements

It looks like Comey is now under IG investigation for releasing classified information in his memos.

It's interesting that even Comey himself in his memos says this information is classified, but he releases to the public. It looks like they are trying the Hillary defense, they weren't classified at the time.

This WSJ article is full of spin, but they are reporting this.

WASHINGTON—At least two of the memos that former FBI Director James Comey gave to a friend outside of the government contained information that officials now consider classified, according to people familiar with the matter, prompting a review by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.

The Justice Department inspector general is now conducting an investigation into classification issues related to the Comey memos, according to a person familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice...43505?mod=e2tw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 12:25 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
That's what he gets for laying down with flea ridden dogs. He will be thrown under the bus in a heartbeat too.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
I'd be surprised if he finishes his book tour. He seems willing to roll on Lynch. If he's offer the right deal he might sing and compose.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:32 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by British Sterling View Post
He will be perp-walked, tried, convicted and then spend a decade or so at Club Fed.

Perhaps a few months of "diesel therapy" will be administered along the way. We can only hope for the worst for this piece of human debris.
Welcome to City-Data forums and a +5 from me for such an agreeable comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Lol so much wishful thinking frmo trmp supporters on IG inquiring, while calling a real investigation that produced multiple criminal charges, indictments and plea deals in real court a "fantasy"

Hilarity ensues. So much excitement about Comey leaking memos that congressional GOP leaked anyways, vs indifference on money laundering, fraud, conspiring against the US, lying to the FBI, conspiring with a foreign enemy perpetrated by trump's people.

You guys are traitors, there is no other way to say that. So indifferent about trump's dereliction of duty and halting sanctions imposed by congress or even recommended by his own admin, cozying up to a thug.
When the dust settles, Lynch and Manaford should resume their positions somewhere in D.C.

They will be totally exonerated.

Oh, and one more thing about your proselytizing, BOOMERANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
DING DING DING

It is now only a matter of who can cut the best deal. I thought Comey saying he would be a witness against McCabe (yesterdays interview) was jaw dropping.

Yep, this is going to be the best summer ever!

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

All the news services got redacted copies of the released memos yesterday. Comey leaked them to his brofessor last year who then leaked them to WaPo and NYT.

THAT is illegal!
Before we go rolling up on McCabe, we need to figure out who's controlling his strings and pressing him to lie.

I don't think he's off the Ranch on this deal by a longshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Comey admits that parts of his memos were classified when he wrote them.

I have no idea if they will charge Comey or not, but we've seen the "they weren't classified at the time" defense before by Hillary, and it was a lie.
What? Like with a cloth or something?

C stands for Cloth right? Clinton?

Quote:
Psst....reps on P&OC and Elections boards are only +1, such as this one from me to you -jfre81
That's why I chased him down to the Great Debates subforum.

Remember, I've been around here since 2006.

I kinda know how tings woiks around here.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-20-2018 at 01:01 PM..

Old 04-20-2018, 12:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It looks like Comey is now under IG investigation for releasing classified information in his memos.

It's interesting that even Comey himself in his memos says this information is classified, but he releases to the public. It looks like they are trying the Hillary defense, they weren't classified at the time.

This WSJ article is full of spin, but they are reporting this.

WASHINGTON—At least two of the memos that former FBI Director James Comey gave to a friend outside of the government contained information that officials now consider classified, according to people familiar with the matter, prompting a review by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.

The Justice Department inspector general is now conducting an investigation into classification issues related to the Comey memos, according to a person familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice...43505?mod=e2tw
How did Comey do that?
The physical memos were at the FBI
The Congress got hold of them and bingo so did NBC

Classifying something after the fact is an old trick used to get someone in trouble when there was no issue initially

Old 04-20-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
How did Comey do that?
what? It doesn't matter where the actual memos are, it's the information contained within them that was leaked duh.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'd be surprised if he finishes his book tour. He seems will to roll on Lynch. If he's offer the right deal he might sing and compose.
DING DING DING

It is now only a matter of who can cut the best deal. I thought Comey saying he would be a witness against McCabe (yesterdays interview) was jaw dropping.

Quote:
How did Comey do that?

Classifying something after the fact is an old trick used to get someone in trouble when there was no issue initially
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

All the news services got redacted copies of the released memos yesterday. Comey leaked them to his brofessor last year who then leaked them to WaPo and NYT.

THAT is illegal!

Old 04-20-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
DING DING DING

Yep, they are going to slash each other to pieces

Old 04-20-2018, 12:42 PM

613 posts, read 360,554 times
Lol so much wishful thinking frmo trmp supporters on IG inquiry, while calling a real criminal investigation that produced multiple criminal charges, indictments and plea deals in real court a "fantasy"

Hilarity ensues. So much excitement about Comey leaking memos that congressional GOP leaked anyways, vs indifference on money laundering, fraud, conspiring against the US, lying to the FBI, conspiring with a foreign enemy perpetrated by trump's people.

You guys are traitors, there is no other way to say that. So indifferent about trump's dereliction of duty and halting sanctions imposed by congress or even recommended by his own admin, cozying up to a thug.

That's all you got? An Inspection General inquiry that can only have internal consequences? Vs all the criminal charges brought up trump's world? give me a break

Old 04-20-2018, 12:49 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
How did Comey do that?

Comey admits that parts of his memos were classified when he wrote them.

I have no idea if they will charge Comey or not, but we've seen the "they weren't classified at the time" defense before by Hillary, and it was a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies