Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 01:04 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And she has had 5 face to face interviews with the President I think.

Why would he lie like that.
yep. there's a picture of trump and haberman in the oval office with trump giving the thumbs-up.

edit> found it:

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/9....2d7621e2.html

Last edited by wrecking ball; 04-21-2018 at 01:20 PM..

Old 04-21-2018, 08:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Cohen is not worried about Trump
Cohen is worried about the men who own Trump
So I don't think he will flip--
He will take his lumps, know his family is protected, and maybe hope he doesn't die in jail
Just like Manafort can expect

Cohen is not a good attorney---but he is not having much luck finding attorneys that ARE smart...
Even Trump's attorney at SDNY hearing gave some really lame "asks" in her letter to the court.
There is speculation that Trump Org is paying for Cohen's attorneys at SDNY because they want input into what the strategy and decisions are...

Old 04-21-2018, 08:16 PM

This is link to site where the opinion of SDNY prosecutors hold for Cohen is discussed
https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/04/1...h-of-a-lawyer/

Old 04-21-2018, 08:25 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump is saying Cohen won't flip -- I didn't know there was something for him to flip about -- well until Trump tweeted about it.
Why would an innocent person be talking about their attorney flipping. If innocent, the term "flip" is meaningless.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:36 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Cohen is not worried about Trump
Cohen is worried about the men who own Trump
So I don't think he will flip--
He will take his lumps, know his family is protected, and maybe hope he doesn't die in jail
Just like Manafort can expect

Cohen is not a good attorney---but he is not having much luck finding attorneys that ARE smart...
Even Trump's attorney at SDNY hearing gave some really lame "asks" in her letter to the court.
There is speculation that Trump Org is paying for Cohen's attorneys at SDNY because they want input into what the strategy and decisions are...
No, Cohen isn't worried about Trump, but Trump is worried about him. No one is willing to go to jail in order to protect Trump. They have their family to think about. So Cohen will throw Trump under the bus in order to save himself.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:42 PM

Not to be mean spirited but this thread is about Cohen's abilities as an attorney
Not whether he will flip or not
A thread like that was closed already
I would like this to stay open
I am interested in the legal strategies that are at work and succeed or fail in SDNY or the California Clifford case

This is the filing Michael Cohen made to appeal his TRO
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...1943.6.0_1.pdf
Note he makes reference to some things not accurate--
Like Cohen had totally complied and cooperated with other investigations--
Not True--
In fact Cohen broadcasted that he has not provided info requested because he thought it was "too broad"--a claim that others in Trump's circle have used to avoid providing documentation

Cohen also had an arrangement with a "white shoe" law firm Squire Patton Boggs that was supposed to provide him office space although not use of the firm's computer network--no sharing of files
Cohen was supposed to help bring clients into the firm obviously because they thought Cohen had access to Trump and could grant patronage--
they paid him 500K UPFRONT on that assumption vs him paying for use of the office space and getting percentage of the new clients' fees he brought in--
firm got suckered cause Cohen brought no new clients apparently

But he tried to use this arrangement as proof he was an active/working attorney to shed more cover of attorney-client priviledge to shield his files...

The emptywheel link discusses Cohen's attorney in CA--Blakely--who is photographed with Preet Bharara several years ago when Bharara was closing the Moreland Commission--the one Gov Cuomo set up to investigate political crime in Albany and then closed 6 mo later wo any significant cases brought against politicians...
The implication being that there is something wonky between Cohen and Blakely or Blakely and maybe the SDNY even though he is handling Cohen's defense in CA...

Old 04-21-2018, 08:42 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,190,478 times
I ran across a Wikipedia info that spoke of Michael Cohen's handling of a issue with a Elliott Brody (was with the RNC for Trump) and a pregnant "girlfriend". Says she was a Playboy Bunny, terminated pregnancy, paid off 1.6 million, arranged by Cohen. Sounds like Cohen is a fixer for "girlfriend problems".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_Broidy
I read some articles on Broidy, slimy creature.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:47 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I ran across a Wikipedia info that spoke of Michael Cohen's handling of a issue with a Elliott Brody (was with the RNC for Trump) and a pregnant "girlfriend". Says she was a Playboy Bunny, terminated pregnancy, paid off 1.6 million, arranged by Cohen. Sounds like Cohen is a fixer for "girlfriend problems".

Sounds like he's a reverse version of a pimp.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:01 PM

This is language from Cohen's filing for the TRO --
Additionally, we request that the warrants and inventory be filed under seal to protect the privacy interests and rights of Mr. Cohen and third parties referenced in the seized materials. Many third parties that are referenced in the inventory have nothing to do with this investigation.

MANY third parties that are referenced---
That says it all--
That is why Cohen and everyone he has ever done business with is frothing at the mouth.
Those third parties have no legal right to attorney-client priviledge because they were not listed as Cohen's clients--
They might have business dealings but not LEGAL dealings with Cohen--
No attorney client priviledge attaches and if they are even vaguely tied to Cohen's search warrant topics, they are dead meat...
Because examining one document that validates a criminal act that has another's name involved in the crime--then that person becomes a target of the investigation as well...
Daisy chain comes to mind...

Old 04-21-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post

That is not really new info--
Broidy was outed before the hearing this past Monday and resigned from his post with the RNC
Cohen apparently is STILL a national assistant chair for campaign finance---
He hasn't resigned and they haven't asked apparently...
Making his leaving public knowledge would be a big blow to any positive image Cohen still has...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies