Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 07:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Trump is the infected boil on America, swollen, red, and painful. The boil needs to be lanced, the pus drained, and the healing to begin. Once moderate Americans see how infectious the disease of ignorance, corruption, pathological dishonesty and veiled racism is to the health and well being of our democracy (and many already have) I have to wonder what will fill the ideological vacuum that Trumpism will leave in its wake.

Democrats are by no means blameless, but they do believe in a government run by educated professionals who aspire to be the best in their respective fields. The previous two Republican administrations have been notoriously staffed by cronies, many woefully unqualified, and as bad as the Bush administration was, it covered up its cronyism like establishment Republicans have perfected the process. The Trump Administration is blatant and uninterested in appearances, with his family immediately occupying key posts, and his appointments to his inner circle being the people he watches on Fox News.

We still have three more years to feel the pain of this boil, and it likely will not be lanced until 2020. What platform will Republicans adopt after the religious absolutism of the war mongering neoconservatives under Bush, and now the blatant corruption and endless cycle of polarizing attacks on democracy under Trump?

I predict a rebirth of the Republican party, one that understands that a theocratic approach to governing appeals to a shrinking number of Americans, and a dog whistle "Make America Great Again" platform of not so veiled racism won't work either, because America becomes less white every day. We have seen how cowardly Republicans are to stand up to Trump. but some have shown backbone. One knows his days are numbered on this earth and has stood up, while two others have abandoned their seats, and are content to stand up as they are walking away from the fight.

I look forward to the rebadged Republican Party, one that is more inclusive and less ideological.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 07:35 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
The second boil (pencypoo) is waiting in the wings, and comes from the same cultured infection. And beyond them is a city full of scum and parasites to deal with. The amount of disinfection needed is mind-numbingly daunting.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-20-2018 at 07:44 PM..

Old 04-20-2018, 07:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Since Dems have now criminalized the Political process, we get to go after your candidate for all the corruption they probably did sometime in their life.

China, China, China.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Trump is the infected boil on America, swollen, red, and painful. The boil needs to be lanced, the pus drained, and the healing to begin. Once moderate Americans see how infectious the disease of ignorance, corruption, pathological dishonesty and veiled racism is to the health and well being of our democracy (and many already have) I have to wonder what will fill the ideological vacuum that Trumpism will leave in its wake.

Democrats are by no means blameless, but they do believe in a government run by educated professionals who aspire to be the best in their respective fields. The previous two Republican administrations have been notoriously staffed by cronies, many woefully unqualified, and as bad as the Bush administration was, it covered up its cronyism like establishment Republicans have perfected the process. The Trump Administration is blatant and uninterested in appearances, with his family immediately occupying key posts, and his appointments to his inner circle being the people he watches on Fox News.

We still have three more years to feel the pain of this boil, and it likely will not be lanced until 2020. What platform will Republicans adopt after the religious absolutism of the war mongering neoconservatives under Bush, and now the blatant corruption and endless cycle of polarizing attacks on democracy under Trump?

I predict a rebirth of the Republican party, one that understands that a theocratic approach to governing appeals to a shrinking number of Americans, and a dog whistle "Make America Great Again" platform of not so veiled racism won't work either, because America becomes less white every day. We have seen how cowardly Republicans are to stand up to Trump. but some have shown backbone. One knows his days are numbered on this earth and has stood up, while two others have abandoned their seats, and are content to stand up as they are walking away from the fight.

I look forward to the rebadged Republican Party, one that is more inclusive and less ideological.
This is cute. Trump's give no ****s approach has accomplished great things for the everyday American. If you desire to return to politicians that are shacked by political correctness and concern to be re-elected, go for it. Godspeed my friend.

Me, I chose Trump. Even though I never thought I'd vote for this clown, I have thoroughly enjoyed (I mean sometimes I'm just down right giddy) the fact that he has destroyed the pompous, self-righteous, self-serving, elite politicians that give no ****s about you and me.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
What comes next?

Hopefully the gradual, peaceful, and complete dissolution of the State. No more politicians, no more rulers.

Then maybe we can take our next evolutionary step as a species.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:46 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
The patient needs to be humanely euthanized and replaced by whatever government dolphins invent for themselves in a few thousand years.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:46 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
This is cute. Trump's give no ****s approach has accomplished great things for the everyday American...
Except for the fact that he's mostly advanced the Obama/Hillary agenda...

Old 04-20-2018, 07:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Hmmmmmm Shiela Jackson Lee comes to mind.
Boxer has made more than a few statements that come out sounding like the utterance of an idiot.
Joe Biden has made a few legendary statements one would expect from the Onion.
In short both parties are symptoms of the same cancer. One presents itself as a festering puss filled boil. (The GOP). and the other presents itself as a flesh eating disease that has the stench of a ten day old beached whale. (Democrats).

Old 04-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Wow did u just come up with that all by yourself? They grow up so fast these days.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:53 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Except for the fact that he's mostly advanced the Obama/Hillary agenda...
He is certainly not a conservative, which is fine by me. I don't quite understand why the democrats are bed-wetting after the election in that regard, however....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies