Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 12:59 PM

30,000 posts, read 11,586,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The Bush family hates Trump, just like the Clinton family. Considering Dems typically called the Bush's mass murderers its all kind of odd. Makes me like Trump a little more!
The party elites like former presidents and the leadership of both parties all get along behind the scene. Watch what they do not what they say. This funeral is a perfect example of that.

Trump is on an island where the party elites on both sides loathe him.

Its the rank and file proletariats that squabble like on CD.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:00 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,265,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Or, everyone was mud slinging for political expediency.
If you support a proven con-artist with no social responsibility, an astonishing lack of self-awareness and the temperament of a toddler, I can understand how you’d think this of our past presidents.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,286,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They don’t want him there anyway. Would you?
It was a by invitation only funeral. I doubt Trump was invited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Btw, did you have the same complaint when Obama skipped Nancy Reagans funeral?
Obama was scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the South by Southwest Conference at the same time as the Nancy's funeral. Not the same as skipping a funeral to play golf, if Trump was invited in the first place and opted out.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:15 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,035,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
If you support a proven con-artist with no social responsibility, an astonishing lack of self-awareness and the temperament of a toddler, I can understand how you’d think this of our past presidents.

Previous comment sums it up perfectly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
The party elites like former presidents and the leadership of both parties all get along behind the scene. Watch what they do not what they say. This funeral is a perfect example of that.

Trump is on an island where the party elites on both sides loathe him.

Its the rank and file proletariats that squabble like on CD.

Once you see this, it is completely obvious.

The two parties are entertainment for the masses. In reality, there is one party with overriding objectives, none of which are determined by "we the people".

It's why nothing ever changes.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:23 PM

17,361 posts, read 9,189,828 times
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...18953886679047

Old 04-21-2018, 01:40 PM

622 posts, read 408,242 times
Presidents not attending former first lady's funerals is not unusual:

President Obama did not attend Betty Ford’s funeral services, which were held July 12, 2011, at St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church in Palm Desert, California. But first lady Michelle Obama did attend, along with former first ladies Rosalynn Carter, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Reagan. Former first lady Barbara Bush attended a church service in Michigan, where Ford was buried.

President George W. Bush did not attend the funeral for Lady Bird Johnson, who passed away in 2007. First lady Laura Bush did attend, as did former Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, and former first ladies Rosalynn Carter, Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Reagan. The service was held at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library in Austin, Texas.

President Bill Clinton attended the graveside services of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis at Arlington National Cemetery on May 23, 1994, and delivered an address. “May the flame she lit so long ago, burn ever brighter here and always brighter in our hearts,” Clinton said. First lady Hillary Clinton attended a funeral mass earlier in the day at St. Ignatius Loyola in New York City.

Clinton did not, however, attend the funeral of former first lady Pat Nixon, according to the Los Angeles Times. That funeral was held in Yorba Linda, California, on June 26, 1993 — the same day that Clinton ordered an attack on Iraq in retaliation for an assassination attempt on President George H.W. Bush. The president was represented at the funeral by Vernon E. Jordan Jr., the chair of Clinton’s transition team, the Times said.

President Ronald Reagan did not attend former first lady Bess Truman’s funeral in 1982, according to the Washington Post. First lady Nancy Reagan did attend, along with former first ladies Rosalynn Carter and Betty Ford.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/03/president's-funeral-attendance/

Old 04-21-2018, 03:27 PM

17,681 posts, read 13,540,200 times
This is PMF's world in a nutshell.

When Trump doesn't attend a first lady's funeral........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Respect. Something that never occurred to King Obama.
When Obama doesn't attend a first lady's funeral.

Quote:
He's such a disrespectful scum bag! I hope no one attends his funeral or Mooch's when they die one day. They don't deserve any special honors.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...attend-19.html Post #184

And as an encore:

Quote:
People that don't deserve respect rarely show any. Just another move by this meaningless little mascot.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:32 PM

17,681 posts, read 13,540,200 times
And another one......

When Trump doesn't attend a first lady's funeral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
another great move by President Trump....#MAGA.
And when Obama skips a first lady's funeral.

Quote:
Obama is a disgrace to America and so are Obots...what's new in the neighborhood?

Old 04-21-2018, 03:34 PM

7,169 posts, read 4,737,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
What's funny is seeing all the liberals suddenly touting the Bush family as the greatest, most virtuous, most patriotic, best presidential family EVAH.

You are witnessing the revision of history right before your very eyes, folks.
That’s a hallmark of American culture. We don’t like to speak ill of the dead. I have strong opinions about the Bush family but I won’t say anything bad about them this week. Barbara Bush had to raise those kids without much help from the husband as it was normal back then.

Having said that, I won’t behave like that when Trump dies. I’m not following social norms that day. I’m going to treat him like he treats everybody else.

Karma and all that.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:38 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,035,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
That’s a hallmark of American culture. We don’t like to speak ill of the dead. I have strong opinions about the Bush family but I won’t say anything bad about them this week. Barbara Bush had to raise those kids without much help from the husband as it was normal back then.

Having said that, I won’t behave like that when Trump dies. I’m not following social norms that day. I’m going to treat him like he treats everybody else.

Karma and all that.
There's a difference between not speaking ill of the dead (which is not just an American thing, BTW), and suddenly glorifying the Bush family when liberals wouldn't have spit on them if they were on fire just two short years ago. It's hypocritical, but then what else is new.

As for karma, sounds like you will have to watch out for it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies