Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 03:56 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
You really don't understand how prosecutions of organizations work do you? How can ANYONE grow up in America and NOT know how prosecutors build cases?
Hard to make someone understand the obvious when their life is based on them not understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 04:19 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,412,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Literally no, but don't be obtuse. The point of that clip is even guilty people will walk if the evidence obtained is done so based on illegality.
It would even be worse if the accused is framed on illegality for something they didn't do.
Instead of presenting a well thought out post, you opted to post a video clip with some disjointed observations that appeared to me as at best only slightly pertinent to the subject at hand. I simply responded in kind.

Quote:
So why not address (instead of conveniently ignore) the fruit of the poisonous tree position enshrined in our laws, regarding improper government tactics that are initially based on illegality?
I didn't ignore the fruit of the poisonous tree concept that was brought up. I already responded in other subsequent posts. And I have pointed out, multiple times, that IMO evidence raised in the Cohen investigation does not meet the standard of the fruit of the poisonous tree concept; if any evidence is produced during the Cohen investigation which might indicate that a crime has been committed by anyone, then that evidence is admissible in court.

There's a serious effort on this thread to claim that Donald J Trump is immune to any criminal investigation, by hanging his immunity upon the highly dubious claim that he is a victim of a vast deep state conspiracy. That's a non-starter basis to drag in questions about illegal investigations and invalid search warrants.

I also can't help but note that such an argument already concedes that there is a high probability Trump has committed felonies that will be uncovered eventually, and there are those on this thread who are actively seeking to nullify any potential criminal prosecution for such felonious acts.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Because Trump sought their help... thats borderline treason!
I am not so sure he sought their help, but his relationship with the Russians was previous to his decision to run for election. It seems likely that Russians were underwriting loans to Trump, possibly as a way to launder cash through real estate transactions. The sanctions on Russia (over the seizure of Crimea) would have shut that down and put Trump's nickers in a twist. Naturally he would rant against Obama and in his own vindictive way swear to destroy everything his predecessor had done in revenge.

It is possible that business contacts, foreign and domestic, suggested or encouraged Trump to run for office. It is possible that Trump bragged that if he was president he would 'fix' the problem of sanctions, something he attempted to do immediately.

It was probably a case of Putin's government wanting to mess with the USA (for reasons of their own) and they approached the Trump campaign with temptations. Trump and his team were willing and compliant, and Lewandowski was replaced by Manafort the 'old Russia hand' to coordinate.

The down payment for this 'help' was Trump/Manafort changing the Republican party platform with regard to Ukraine. It was his 'earnest money'. The last installment would be the lifting of all sanctions.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:01 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,243 times
Trump is as guilty as Benedict Arnold!

Old 04-22-2018, 08:15 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Russian meddling is an established fact. Collusion has not been proven, but Russia 100% tried to interfere with our election. There’s no reason to lie.
I'm not lying, there is more evidence that the Russian investigation is fraud, than there is of collusion.

Just because CNN isn't reporting it doesn't mean there is no evidence that the Russian investigation was started under highly questionable circumstances, it not illegally.

There has been even more evidence come to light this week, and even a pretty interesting piece of information revealed today.

As I've said, I haven't accused anyone of any crimes, but it's looking more, and more likely that the Russian investigation will be exposed as a fraud.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:18 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm not lying, there is more evidence that the Russian investigation is fraud, than there is of collusion.
" ... It's not a lie… if you believe itâ€
George Costanza

Old 04-22-2018, 09:39 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
If Trump was guilty of anything, why would Mueller beat around the bush and go after all these guys Instead of Trump?
Why waste a year or two on other people?
Mueller either has nothing on Trump or he thinks he might but hasn't found it.
And not a single person in the case has been charged with colluding with the Russians. Because it never happened, unless you include the $140,000,000 the Russians gave to the Clinton foundation.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:17 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And not a single person in the case has been charged with colluding with the Russians. Because it never happened, unless you include the $140,000,000 the Russians gave to the Clinton foundation.
This.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:10 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

That old lie again... whataboutism is strong in this crowd.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:38 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I am not so sure he sought their help, but his relationship with the Russians was previous to his decision to run for election. It seems likely that Russians were underwriting loans to Trump, possibly as a way to launder cash through real estate transactions. The sanctions on Russia (over the seizure of Crimea) would have shut that down and put Trump's nickers in a twist. Naturally he would rant against Obama and in his own vindictive way swear to destroy everything his predecessor had done in revenge.

It is possible that business contacts, foreign and domestic, suggested or encouraged Trump to run for office. It is possible that Trump bragged that if he was president he would 'fix' the problem of sanctions, something he attempted to do immediately.

It was probably a case of Putin's government wanting to mess with the USA (for reasons of their own) and they approached the Trump campaign with temptations. Trump and his team were willing and compliant, and Lewandowski was replaced by Manafort the 'old Russia hand' to coordinate.

The down payment for this 'help' was Trump/Manafort changing the Republican party platform with regard to Ukraine. It was his 'earnest money'. The last installment would be the lifting of all sanctions.
I must say the tinfoil hat conspiracy and speculation looks like the script on Liberal media.

Time to turn off the speculation media and turn on the news. Fox News !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies