Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 10:11 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times

Advertisements

Yeti doesn't need to offer discounts on their products anymore. It is that simple. NRA members aren't being singled out. Yet, the NRA is doing a fantastic job of making its members think that they are being singled out for being gun owners.

Listen, not everything is about your gun and your gun rights. Yeti doesn't care about your guns. They cared about separating you from your money. They did so by offering a small discount. They no longer feel the need to offer the discount to various groups since Yeti is now a recognizable brand.

However, the hundreds of posters here have done a real bang up job of showing how they pretty much believe whatever the NRA tells them to believe. Good job. Now, go blow up your Yeti cooler and wait for the NRA to artfully guide you to their next business partner... Coleman or Igloo and you can shell out cash for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
See how fake news works? All the right wingnuts are STILL blaming Yeti when it has been clearly shown that the NRA made a big deal of it for political purposes. Yeti's coolers are overpriced and under built, and that's why I have a Pelican, but they have done nothing to deserve the hate they're getting from the right for being political.

You gullible morons

Old 04-25-2018, 11:42 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
See how fake news works? All the right wingnuts are STILL blaming Yeti when it has been clearly shown that the NRA made a big deal of it for political purposes. Yeti's coolers are overpriced and under built, and that's why I have a Pelican, but they have done nothing to deserve the hate they're getting from the right for being political.

You gullible morons
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TKO again.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:42 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How is CHANGING a discount program picking sides? Yeti stated that the NRA would sill be able to use the new program. Companies change discount programs all the time, it's part of doing business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeti didn't pick a side.

They chose to restructure the way they give discounts to all their organizations/community groups/.

This has nothing to do with 2nd Amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So a company that wasn't making a political statement but a business/financial ones is subject to a boycott/ban from an organization for not getting a discount.

All I know -- if I was a corporation I would never ever enter into a business deal with NRA because when you change the conditions they go crazy on you and accuse you of taking a political stance.

This is crazy stuff.

If Yeti had meant to make a political statement, they would have issued a statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Yeti doesn't need to offer discounts on their products anymore. It is that simple. NRA members aren't being singled out. Yet, the NRA is doing a fantastic job of making its members think that they are being singled out for being gun owners.

Listen, not everything is about your gun and your gun rights. Yeti doesn't care about your guns. They cared about separating you from your money. They did so by offering a small discount. They no longer feel the need to offer the discount to various groups since Yeti is now a recognizable brand.

However, the hundreds of posters here have done a real bang up job of showing how they pretty much believe whatever the NRA tells them to believe. Good job. Now, go blow up your Yeti cooler and wait for the NRA to artfully guide you to their next business partner... Coleman or Igloo and you can shell out cash for that.
Quote:

You gullible morons
Once again, for all of you. Yeti is claiming this but NRA is saying this is not true. NO ONE has offered proof yet. People are asking Yeti to at least provide the list of companies that also were removed from this program.

I think those people blowing up Yeti coolers or whatever are premature at best. At this point, the only thing from Yeti was their statement. I notice ALL of you above took that as absolute 100% truth without question and are downright eager to believe the NRA is lying.

My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle and right now, there's flat out not enough information to ferret out the truth. Someone - and it's to Yeti's advantage to do so - needs to offer some proof on their claims.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Once again, for all of you. Yeti is claiming this but NRA is saying this is not true. NO ONE has offered proof yet. People are asking Yeti to at least provide the list of companies that also were removed from this program.

I think those people blowing up Yeti coolers or whatever are premature at best. At this point, the only thing from Yeti was their statement. I notice ALL of you above took that as absolute 100% truth without question and are downright eager to believe the NRA is lying.

My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle and right now, there's flat out not enough information to ferret out the truth. Someone - and it's to Yeti's advantage to do so - needs to offer some proof on their claims.
Look up archery talk, search yeti coolers thread, page 2. There is a screen shot of the letter that was sent to quail coalition regarding the old discount program, and announcing the new one. I would link it, but I don't think we are allowed to link to other forums.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:58 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

If Yeti was making a political statement they would be crowing about it. That's the point if making political statements.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:02 PM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How is CHANGING a discount program picking sides? Yeti stated that the NRA would sill be able to use the new program. Companies change discount programs all the time, it's part of doing business.
That doesn't seem to be what happened.

According to the NRA...

"YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts."

https://www.statesman.com/business/n...rDMZQ3VnM34jI/

The Austin American-Statesman is the major daily newspaper for Austin, TX.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:02 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
If Yeti was making a political statement they would be crowing about it. That's the point if making political statements.
My guess, they were trying to split the middle and it backfired on them. They likely wanted to avoid the Hogg's of the world while not making their customer base angry. Again, conjecture but that would be my guess.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:08 PM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I donated mine to under privileged democrats. Gave to Goodwill.
I never had one. I have ORCAs. Made in the U.S. Lifetime guarantee.

ORCA has responded by thanking its customers, reaffirming their commitment to the 2nd Amendment, and offering a 20% off discount through April 30th when purchasing their products from their website. Code: USA20

Old 04-25-2018, 12:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I never had one. I have ORCAs. Made in the U.S. Lifetime guarantee.

ORCA has responded by thanking its customers, reaffirming their commitment to the 2nd Amendment, and offering a 20% off discount through April 30th when purchasing their products from their website. Code: USA20
Smart marketing.

Think about it -- they can 'say' they support the 2nd Amendment & all that without getting into any contractual business relationship with the NRA and risking the aftermath of that mess when they don't want to renew. Smart. Yeti and other corporations will think twice before targeting any discounts to any specific organization after the NRA debacle.

Smart move.

But you know what -- all kinds of online coupons were available for ORCA before that -- ranging from 20 - 35 percent......clever marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies