Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 12:44 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,479,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
the contest with Flip Pallot co-sponsored by Yeti and other brands like Costa, etc has disappeared. Wonder why.
Sounds like YETI is truthful because they also cut sponsorships with Flip Pallot and Costa. YETI cut ties with other companies at the same time that they cut ties with the NRA. This pretty much gives more reason to believe that the NRA is fibbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 12:46 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I own guns.

I don't care for the NRA. Theyre lobbyists.
Good for you. YETI did the same to hunting groups, as well. The Quail Coalition is one, and I've also seen reference to Safari Club International.

Quote:
I see nothing wrong in a company wanting restrictions on the usage of their products with any sort of lobbyists.
Fine. Let the chips fall where they may.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:48 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,021,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Sounds like YETI is truthful because they also cut sponsorships with Flip Pallot and Costa. YETI cut ties with other companies at the same time that they cut ties with the NRA. This pretty much gives more reason to believe that the NRA is fibbing.
Um no, you read that wrong. They still sponsor Flip Pallot and Costa is on Yeti's website. I was pondering why this event was cancelled and made a guess it was due to one of the other co-sponsors not wanting to sponsor with Yeti - not the other way around.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I own guns.

I see nothing wrong in a company wanting restrictions on the usage of their products with any sort of lobbyists.
Of course it's their choice and they must live with the consequences of that choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Good for you. YETI did the same to hunting groups, as well. The Quail Coalition is one, and I've also seen reference to Safari Club International.

Fine. Let the chips fall where they may.
Yeah I think people are upset that Yeti courted the hunting/fishing/outdoorsmen group so very hard when trying to break into the business and they see this as a bit of a backstabbing for lack of a better word. At least that's what a whole lot of people seem to be telling Yeti on social media.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
So I looked everywhere to find the accuracy of this FB post above. Only place I found it was on this FB page. I did take the time to read the comments under this post from Wyman and others. He's actually still concerned and from what I read, not exactly siding with Yeti on this. From appearances, it may have only affected gun centric organizations?

Either way, this is a huge PR misstep from Yeti. Apparently, based on the FB post you pointed to, Wyman suspects this is the doing of the New York liberals who bought Yeti. Not exactly a ringing defense of Yeti there.

The issue still stands. Except you've shown it may not be targeted towards just the NRA but gun centric organizations. Good find. Makes it more likely to be political after all.
And yet on May 11 Yeti is hosting Modern huntsman in their flagship store. I'm sure that that group had nothing to do with guns at all.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet on May 11 Yeti is hosting Modern huntsman in their flagship store. I'm sure that that group had nothing to do with guns at all.
Like I said, it will be interesting to see what happens. Checked on Modern Huntsman FB as well and they're not getting an easy time of it from users either for this event. For the record, the magazine is not taking a stand yet and just standing pat for now.

I will say a lot of people seem to be pressuring some of their sponsored folks like Jim Stockey, Flip Pallot, and of course, Modern Huntsman as well.

Once again, going right back around to the same point again - worst PR response ever by Yeti.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:35 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Don't be obtuse.

Yeti apparently made a decision not on a profit/loss business model, but liberal/leftist conformity to blame the NRA for the actions of nutcases.
What exactly has Yeti blamed the NRA for? Could you share a reliable source for this information?

Quote:
You don't see the Parkland students protesting all the kids killed per year in car accidents, and then demanding AAA be put out of business as having blood on their hands.
Are you really wanting to claim that these school shootings were accidents? You think a non-student accidently showed up to a high school and just accidently started shooting at people? Thsoe 17 deaths were all just an accident? Yeah... No.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Once again, going right back around to the same point again - worst PR response ever by Yeti.
They issued a statement on the topic, what more do you expect them to do? Do they need to drive down Main street in every single red county, chucking free guns to the people?

Old 04-27-2018, 12:45 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
The facts do not support your argument either. You are choosing to believe Yeti. Other folks are choosing to believe the NRA. Frankly, the only people with the actual facts - Yeti and the NRA - have not provided evidence one way or the other to date. From a business standpoint and an PR one, it behooves Yeti to prove their version of events by providing complete transparency. Because they are the only ones really losing in this debacle.
Quote:
This is not a court of law. This is the court of public opinion. It's not fair, it's not even. It's managing PR and right now, Yeti is doing a poor job.
Bingo X 2

Old 04-27-2018, 12:50 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
I own guns.

If you own guns you should be thankful the NRA have lobbyist among other things they do. Rest assured many of our gun rights would not be in existence and/or in jeopardy if not for the NRA and the political clout it has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies