Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 07:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Bernie Madoff was really rich for a while too.
How he got so rich was of very great concern to a very large number of people.

If Hannity profited due to insider information and/or very clear conflicts of interest, it is a very big deal.

Or do you not care how someone attains their wealth as long as they've attained it?
If anyone really gave a damn they'd have screamed for Congress's head by now. Insider trading taken to the next level in Congress, just ask Nancy Pelosi and pals. If it's okay for them then it's okay for everyone else.
Either way PROVE Hannity is guilty of insider trading as you're claiming...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 07:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
If I was on a jury I would not find anyone guilty of insider trading. If it's OK for Congress it is for anyone.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:45 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,153 times
Hannity is a mouth piece for the president and probably is getting a little of something on the side. Ain't no thang. Draining the swamp.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:45 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
What am I missing?

I don't see the issue with buying real estate in depressed communities. I can do that on my own or through various funds. It isn't illegal. He bought that property during the Obama years.

He doesn't like the stock market so he buys real estate.

Why should I be outraged on this? It is legal.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Um. It s either law abiding activity, or it s taking advantage to get around the law activity.

The fact that he has a realestate lawyer yet consults with a CROOKED lawyer instead...smoke and fired, smoke and fire.
I honestly don't see the issue.

What law did he break?

He consulted with more than one lawyer - so what? Seems smart. He has said for years that he is friends with Cohen. If you were friends with a lawyer and you were buying real estate, you would never ask your lawyer friend a question or two about real estate law?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What am I missing?

I don't see the issue with buying real estate in depressed communities. I can do that on my own or through various funds. It isn't illegal. He bought that property during the Obama years.

Why would Hannity need any advice or need any connection to Michael Cohen to do so? Out of the lawyers to pick to "ask for advice"......

Is Hannity a cheerleader for anyone who has real estate business?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't see the issue.

What law did he break?

He consulted with more than one lawyer - so what? Seems smart. He has said for years that he is friends with Cohen. If you were friends with a lawyer and you were buying real estate, you would never ask your lawyer friend a question or two about real estate law?
Of all the gin joints in the world....

Old 04-23-2018, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
What am I missing?

Well,well,well because it's Hannity (as spittle flies all over) who works at the evil devil place called Fox News and he's not bashful in his support of the dark one named Trump and his extreme dislike of Hillary either, that's why you should be outraged <finalized with looking all red faced and scrunchy like I'm passing a kidney stone>

Now either be a good sheeple and jump aboard the hang Hannity train or face being whipped with a limp wristed wet noodle and then branded a heretic...

Old 04-23-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Why would Hannity need any advice or need any connection to Michael Cohen to do so? Out of the lawyers to pick to "ask for advice"......

Is Hannity a cheerleader for anyone who has real estate business?
I sincerely don't get your point.

Where did Hannity say he "needed" advice or a connection to Cohen to buy real estate? Are you making up that fallacy of logic?

Are you wondering why elite rich NYC conservatives hang out in similar social circles?!

Why wouldn't you ask a lawyer friend some questions about real estate as you meet in your social circles if you are investing tens of millions into real estate?

If the doctor told me to go on a bunch of prescriptions, I would bring it up to my pharmacist friend. If I were to buy a new rental, I would ask my friend who is a realtor and my other friend who is a home inspector their insights... Why wouldn't I? Have you no friends?

Old 04-23-2018, 08:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
What am I missing?

Yes
He did buy that property in the Obama years and trash talked Obama and his HUD Dept and all the efforts made to right the economy that 8 yr's of Bush economics and lax oversight set in place
So like many on the GOP side--he was taking advantage of the very situation he was decrying and making money (via higher ratings telling his audience what they wanted to hear) that he used to buy those distressed properties with...

The guestion that many people have (since Hannity is a mouthpiece for Trump) is was he given special assistance to BUY distressed properties as part of being anti-Hilary, anti-DNC, pro-Trump, pro-GOP or any other properties because of a special relationship with Trump and the GOP--with Michael Cohen's help-
Personally I don't think Hannity really got a payoff as much as I think he was sort of coerced by Trump to act as client #3 to make Cohen look more legitimate--
It didn't help
But not that even though Cohen was VP for Trump's company up until 2017--after the inaugaration--that Cohen didn't list any Trump company as a client--and Cohen WAS involved in trying to put business deals together for Trump...why he wouldn't use that to legitimize his work as an attorney makes it seem that Trump didn't want anything of his to tie to Cohen that he didn't have to...but there were files going back 30 yr's that were taken by SDNY--
So even if Cohen didn't cite Trump companies--their info may be outed...

Yes--there are plenty of people in Congress who take advantage of insider trading
Tom Price, Trump's first choice for HHS who had to resign over his exorbitant travel expenses, was under SEC investigation because of owning stock in health/tech companies when he was on COngressional Committee evaluating and passing legislation that effected those same companies...alone with other Congressmen...

When Congress sets the budget for the SEC it can be very difficult to actually investigate and prosecute anyone in either party who takes advantage of their relationship with high-dollar donors, lobbyists, company boards, etc...
And frankly look at the 11 Congressmen who are pushing to have HRC and others in past administration investigated...that is a small minority of niche power group--politicizing their power for a political agenda
But they won't sign off on changing the rules of Congress so that sexual harassment claims are paid out of the guilty person's own pocket...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies