Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2018, 11:14 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Canada barely enforces murder laws or any laws, other than bilingual violations or hate speech. Karla Homulka, a bloody murderer who committed her crimes with Paul Bernardo in the late 1990's or early 2000's is already out. They have a real concern for the "inner child" of the murdered.

Not that Canada's any worse than California or New York these days.
What an incredible load of dung. Canada enforces laws, they just don't lock up people to the same extent as the U.S. as they believe in giving people a second chance etc.

As for Karla Homulka, she is out because she cut a deal to plead guilty to manslaughter and testify against Paul Bernardo. That is no different than people in the U.S. pleading down to offences.

FYI I am very familiar with the Bernardo/Homulka case as it happened where I grew up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 11:36 PM

10,193 posts, read 15,902,680 times
I wonder which part of Canadian foreign policy the jihadists are fighting against, what liberal Canada did to offend the Muslims so much that they would do this????

Old 04-23-2018, 11:51 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,855,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
What an incredible load of dung. Canada enforces laws, they just don't lock up people to the same extent as the U.S. as they believe in giving people a second chance etc.

As for Karla Homulka, she is out because she cut a deal to plead guilty to manslaughter and testify against Paul Bernardo. That is no different than people in the U.S. pleading down to offences.

FYI I am very familiar with the Bernardo/Homulka case as it happened where I grew up.
and rest assured - Bernardo will NEVER be free again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I wonder which part of Canadian foreign policy the jihadists are fighting against, what liberal Canada did to offend the Muslims so much that they would do this????
Well to be clear - there is absolutely zero link between this and Muslims or radical Islamic terrorism and the more that is revealed the more that is not looking to be the case. That said, Canadians shouldn't be so surprised that we would be a target or ISIS (we've already been targeted by ISIS multiple times in Ottawa, Quebec and Edmonton. We engaged essentially in lock step with the U.S in wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria. Although Canada is currently removed from these engagements - Canadian F18's have bombed Iraq (bombing ISIS), Libya and Syria (Bombing ISIS) and Canada played a prominent role in the ground war against the Taliban in Afghanistan and our troops also trained and assisted Peshmurga on the ground in Iraq and Syria against you named it - ISIS.. "Peaceful" and neutral Canada is a label that always perplexes me. I invite you to fact check everything I wrote btw! Oh and to de-politicize this - both Liberal and Conservatives have been involved in all of the above so if you think that Liberals up here hug trees and tax the crap out of carbon emitters only - you don't know the 1/32nd of it.

Last edited by fusion2; 04-24-2018 at 12:01 AM..

Old 04-24-2018, 12:52 AM

2,956 posts, read 2,340,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Why are YOU relieved that he is not a Muslim? You're just as bad.
I don't give a **** what he is. Crazy is crazy and religion, immigration status or country of origin doesn't impact it at all. Don't put words in my mouth.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:59 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,780,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
By all accounts, his bsckground is Armenian. Which is like 95% Christian.

SSDD.
May be the case. He may be a Christian fanatic, or just a sick mofo with religion having nothing to do with it. Either way it doesn't change the fact he would be in the vast minority in the scheme of things.

Please see: //www.city-data.com/forum/51697920-post21.html

He would be just about the first non-Muslim extremist in the last few years to use a vehicle purposely to kill as many people as possible. Vehicle murder is ramping up because Islamic terrorist organizations are teaching them how to use them for that specific purpose.

Much easier than smuggling explosives and weapons in. Very little logistics into renting a truck and mowing people down. Economy terrorists weapon of choice in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I don't give a **** what he is. Crazy is crazy and religion, immigration status or country of origin doesn't impact it at all. Don't put words in my mouth.
Yep, that is the common feature these wackos share; they are all batsht crazy! If they murder in the name of their God, that just makes them that much more crazy!

The one common thing that all the major religions share is a God that does not condone murder. They are twisted and contradicting their own faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The suspect was pointing a cell phone at the police officer. Canadian police don't shoot at people pretending that a cell phone is a gun.
You mean they don;t kill a guy trying to commit suicide by cop after mowing down dozens of people? Maybe it's because he's white. Might as well throw in racism since we are being utterly stupid here.

Last edited by steven_h; 04-24-2018 at 01:07 AM..

Old 04-24-2018, 01:07 AM

10,435 posts, read 4,026,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
One witness claimed there were dozens, maybe more than 50.

In the last two years rental vans with crazy ass zealots have killed hundreds. It must be the vans fault!

Will we be seeing protests to ban rental vans?

I'm moving to the island of Texas. You can't keep the loons from being loons, but I'd much rather see them taken out rather than captured. A burial is much cheaper than the court/prison gauntlet. One and done!
No, but I can see them protesting against manually driven vans in the future. This will be used to demand all vehicles be self driven, taking even more freedoms away from law abiding citizens. Either that, or, we have to have implants in our hands to have a job and buy stuff, and if we are getting ready to do something evil, the chip has a device in it that will either shock us, or release a poison to inhibit us.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:20 AM

10,435 posts, read 4,026,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Why weren't there all these calamities decades ago?
Well decades ago, the US wasn't a nanny state dictating to people how they should live their life here in the US, and not trying to police the world with never ending wars, along the assassination of leaders from other countries. And, correct me if I am wrong, but most of the Middle East and parts of Africa were purposefully set into chaos by the leaders of France, England and Russia, because they wanted to control the Suez canal. What I think is going on now in England and France (and I'm sure Spain had a hand in it too considering they were also once power hungry with forced colonization) is some sort of karma for the damage they caused so long ago. The US is going to be facing that same karma soon enough, since she was founded on stolen land to begin with. Canada is also another country with strong ties to either France of England, and the country is also founded on stolen land.

Last edited by warhorse78; 04-24-2018 at 01:33 AM..

Old 04-24-2018, 01:46 AM

1,239 posts, read 509,612 times
Rumors are he was a White MRA, Incel (look it up if you want to get weirded out), referencing 4Chan and Elliot Rodgers.

Really sad that he was able to kill and hurt so many. Clearly had mental issues, but that's not an excuse to violence.

don't think the picture is working.

Last edited by Sactown4; 04-24-2018 at 01:55 AM..

Old 04-24-2018, 05:40 AM

26,446 posts, read 15,041,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump won't either.... even after the they explain it simply to him. Turkey is a NATO member and controls access to the Black Sea. We need them
Do you think Obama was ignorant when he made the promise or just being a typical sleazy lying politician?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:42 AM

2,309 posts, read 900,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No--that was the Religion of Guns. Different fanatics.
The religion of guns didn't strike the waffle house either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies