Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 07:10 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times

Advertisements

We all know how much Trump lies. Nothing this guy does surprises me anymore. I guess the only ones who love him are the evangelicals and their as hypocritical as the Liar in Chief.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump probably meant he didn't sleep in a hotel bed but just booked a room. When he was campaigning he almost never stayed overnight anywhere. Main reason he had his own jet. Besides the man only sleeps four hours a night anyway.
I'm sure he just stood in the hallway and dozed, lol.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Until I read Comey's memos I always thought Trump did stay at a hotel in Russia. My understanding was that was never in dispute. Wasn't one of Trump's security staff interviewed by the House intelligence committee and he testified that Trump did not have any visitors and he never left the room? Did he change Hotels at some point? Was Trump thinking of another trip? I'm not sure.
You are referring to Keith Schilling, Trump's long-time body guard and head of security
He told the House Intel Committee he left President Trump outside the door of his hotel room and did not go in
So he could not speak as to whether there was anyone in the hotel room or what happened after he dropped Trump off...

I thought it was very strange for a personal body guard in a foreign county that he would simply "leave" him at the door and not go in and do an inspection
I assume they did that when they got there and ensured the hotel room was not "bugged/wired" as much as they could tell

But surely after leaving the room for several hours Schilling would have gone in to check the current status before leaving Trump there--with or without any company..
Because of his omission about checking the room I felt Schilling was concealing something
It is just SOP to check ANY room when you are dealing with someone as high profile as Trump...
Unless there were security guards outside the room the entire time Trump was away from it--
And Schilling nor anyone else ever remarked on security guards outside the room...

Old 04-23-2018, 07:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The dossier never claimed the women urinated on him.
Yes--supposedly Trump asked them to pee on the BED that the Obamas slept in when they used the room
So it wasn't for sexual gratification for himself that he asked them to do that
It was to show his distain for Obama...
And that certainly seems to fit with all his other comments and actions...including his birther agenda...

Steele has said that his purpose in including that story was not so much that HE believed it had happened as the gossip/reports stated but that the Russians had CREATED the story to use against Trump---and had ensured it was making the rounds after his visit
Sort of whisper campaign--and might try to blackmail him with it
They warned Trump about it to let him know it was out there as a possibility

Russians do "disinformation" campaigns where they knowingly set lies about people they want to harm just like they might actually try to embroil them in compromising situations and really get blackmail info on them...

Old 04-23-2018, 07:38 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgtn...utu.be&t=4m06s

Old 04-23-2018, 07:39 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
Get ready for the wh hit single "I don't recall"!

Old 04-23-2018, 08:06 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I like that Trump's method of dealing with this, is to lie about small bits of it first. That really establishes his credibility.

tell me the last president who always told the truth about every little thing and had credibility? ........I will wait.....

if this was so important, why didn't Comey report this under oath to Congress? did he forget or didn't find it important? or he changed his mind after he testified under oath in Congress that he told Trump he wasn't under investigation in the Russian investigation?....make up your minds libs.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:29 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Story has now been debunked. Trump left at 3am. Fake news. Again.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:38 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Story has now been debunked. Trump left at 3am. Fake news. Again.
Nope. But yours has been.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:53 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
The Prosecution calls James Comey to the stand.

Mueller: Did you know Trump lied about not staying in the hotel?

Yes.

Mueller: Did you come to a conclusion as to why Trump told you others wanted your job.

Yes.

And that was?

That I had better drop the investigation if I wanted to keep my job.

And did you drop the investigation.

No.

And were you fired?

Yes.

So was Trump trying to bribe you?

OBJECTION! The prosecution is trying to lead the witness.

Judge: Sustained.

No further questions.
Lawyer: Mr Comey, when you presented the Dossier to the POTUS did you intend to use the dossier as leverage to keep your job.

Comey: Yes.

Lawyer: Did you infer to the POTUS that in an agency as big as the FBI leaks cannot be controlled and this dossier could leak out?

Comey: Yes

Lawyer: We have a term for this. It's called Blackmail...

Comey Lawyer: OBJECTION!

Judge: Sustained

Lawyer: I'll rephrase your Honor. Mr Comey, reminding you that you are under oath. Did you attempt to blackmail the sitting POTUS with the FAKE RUSSIAN DOSSIER TO KEEP YOUR JOB!

Comey: Yes.

Lawyer: How did that work out for you?

Comey: not well.

Lawyer: You were FIRED by the POTUS? Weren't you?

Comey: Yes, Yes I was.

Lawyer: No further questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies