Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 01:40 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times

Advertisements

Uh oh it’s getting worse for liberals ..

Kanye is now calling Trump his “brother”

““You don’t have to agree with trump [sic] but the mob can’t make me not love him. We are both dragon energy. He is my brother,” he wrote. “I love everyone. I don’t agree with everything anyone does. That’s what makes us individuals. And we have the right to independent thought”

Kanye West Calls Trump 'My Brother' in New Tweets | PEOPLE.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 02:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Well this will end before long----the Kardashians have told Kanye to shut up about Trump. The white women have spoken and given marching orders.

Is that racist? True but racist?

Old 04-25-2018, 03:05 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This times 100. I don't know what happened to liberals, but many of the ones who claim they are have turned into hateful, racists themselves.

I say, you do you, think what you like, as long as you aren't hurting anyone, live your life and think how you want. That's kinda where I am with the Kanye thing. If we all thought the same exact way....I'd actually be a little bit worried.
LOL. This has to be a joke.

Tell you what, go try to join one of those "Unite the Right" rallies and see what happens.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yep It is.

You are I disagree with each other a lot, but I want to take this opportunity to let you know that I DO respect your opinion and think you are a good poster.

thanks for the kind words.
Back at you.

But I'm still not going to all of a sudden like Kanye and respect what he says -- lol.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:11 PM

39,192 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Back at you.

But I'm still not going to all of a sudden like Kanye and respect what he says -- lol.
I don't know him enough to like him or dislike him. But I am a fan now because he seems to have the "you picked the wrong man to mess with" attitude. I admire that quality. This is the way to deal with the bullies.

I don't really care what he says, to me, saying he loves Trump is harmless. He shouldn't be attacked for saying that. The way he is now treated is something I care about.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I still wonder why people care so much what a black rapper thinks.

A black person likes the President.....okay? Why is this even news?
When you figure it out, let me know.

So far, my unofficial poll results are as follows:

Trump supporters: Who is this Kanye guy? I like him because he likes Trump! I like him because he has TRIGGERED those LIBS. He is black! He must speak for all the oppressed "blacks" who are snookered into voting for those "Dims" when their interests are best served by the noble, Republican Party!

Everyone else: Why is this news? Do these people know that Kanye says one thing one minute and another the next? Do they know he was institutionalized after the first time he said he would have voted for Trump (if he had voted, which he did not, so we will never know) because he had a mental breakdown? Do they know he contributed actual money to the Clinton campaign? Do they know that nobody cares if he agrees with Candace (and who is she, anyway?) something-or-other?

Maybe I missed something, but this is what I'm reading.

Two rich dudes seem to have met at some point and seem to like one another... at least publicly. Both are narcissists to the nth degree, so who knows?

ETA: I know Kanye seems to have taken a bit of a whupping over on Black Twitter for his views. But, this is C-D, not Black Twitter. Nobody here seems to mind if Kanye likes Candace or hates her or wants to be her friend or doesn't.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
I don't know him enough to like him or dislike him. But I am a fan now because he seems to have the "you picked the wrong man to mess with" attitude. I admire that quality. This is the way to deal with the bullies.

I don't really care what he says, to me, saying he loves Trump is harmless. He shouldn't be attacked for saying that. The way he is now treated is something I care about.
Oh Kanye is arrogant for sure. HE is all about him against everyone else and he is right.

But you know what - one of my kids is a great person (well they all are -- didn't word that right -- hmm) but he likes Kanye's music. That man is an entertainer.

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

He's been out of the press for some time. Regrouping. He has some albums coming out and there is nothing better than throwing yourself into the pile.

I'm not saying he doesn't believe in Trump -- it's just in his best interest right now to own it -- spread it -- create some buzz.

He's smart like that -- like someone we know.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Oh please follow the dialogue.

I said, "his break down" shoudn't matter, meaning his break down does not make him crazy!
His past "break down" does not make his opinion less valuable. Therefore, his "break down" shouldn't matter, period.

sheesh. The post was not even directed at you.
Well, since this post was...

I never said the man was crazy. I said he's had some mental problems, which means he may be erratic in his thoughts and/or his ideas. As happens when people struggle with bipolar disorder and narcissistic personality disorder. I am guessing his diagnosis revolves around one or both of these, btw.

And, I ultimately don't care what he said a few days ago, because I know he may say something totally new next week.

That is my whole view of the subject, truly. I just think this thread is hilarious because so many people that would not know a Kanye song from a Tupac song are on here acting like he's their new bestie because he has intimated that he likes Trump. I know of plenty of people who have, at one point, said they liked Trump.

Eh. Who cares?

If I do have any actual concern about this topic it is that there are no doubt some people who are looking for any excuse to claim that Kanye speaks for all black people, and that's as ridiculous as Kanye not being allowed to speak for himself.

Know what I mean?

Old 04-25-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And I get I'm a bad person because I don't support Trump.

Someone is always going to object to your choice.

I am not attached to either party.

And I get ATTACKED for that lack of allegiance to a party ALL the time.

I don't care.
I can relate. People on here think I'm a Democrat because I don't like Trump.

I have voted R in just as many Presidential elections as I have voted D.

I'm registered unaffiliated. I have no allegiance to something as silly as a political party.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:27 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Yep. When all you're counterparts are liberal/progressive Democrat supporters how can you stand out from the pack, and create some controversy? Go in the opposite direction. Now the media is talking him up, and he's getting free promotion. These guys aren't rich because they are stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies