Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 03:30 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not just "liberal" white, also the " liberal " minorities. The fact that I am mixed makes it worse for me. The liberal Asians, black, etc. also attack. Actually, I don't want to say liberals, I don't know what they are. Real liberals are not like that at all.
I think that is unfortunate. You are a citizen with voting rights and you should be able to vote for whoever you damned well please.

I don't agree with your choice and you do not agree with mine. This time.

Next time, who knows?

I have always considered myself a moderate, though I do lean liberal on social issues.

I was not a Bernie supporter and I took a lot of heat for that among my more liberal friends. They all seemed to think that I don't care about poor people or college students or something.

I just knew Bernie couldn't do all that stuff he claimed, so I didn't get all excited over him like they did.

And that was absolutely my right.

I may not agree with Trump as a president, but I still believe that the right to vote belongs to all Americans, no matter who they vote for.

Including Trump.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:34 PM

24,606 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Everyone else: Why is this news? Do these people know that Kanye says one thing one minute and another the next?
It's news when a black man in 2018 continues to chastised for his beliefs in conservative ideals and support for conservative public officials. I already saw the "uncle tom, sellout, etc." name calling on social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Uh oh it’s getting worse for liberals ..

Kanye is now calling Trump his “brother”

Kanye West Calls Trump 'My Brother' in New Tweets | PEOPLE.com
Good to see Kanye West standing up for himself and against the groupthink that believes every minority celebrity has to be a liberal to appease their fanbase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 03:37 PM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
I think that is unfortunate. You are a citizen with voting rights and you should be able to vote for whoever you damned well please.

I don't agree with your choice and you do not agree with mine. This time.

Next time, who knows?

I have always considered myself a moderate, though I do lean liberal on social issues.

I was not a Bernie supporter and I took a lot of heat for that among my more liberal friends. They all seemed to think that I don't care about poor people or college students or something.

I just knew Bernie couldn't do all that stuff he claimed, so I didn't get all excited over him like they did.

And that was absolutely my right.

I may not agree with Trump as a president, but I still believe that the right to vote belongs to all Americans, no matter who they vote for.

Including Trump.
Yep. agreed

Next time, who knows? This is so true.

I remember one time, I asked my friend's roommate (who is a liberal white man), "So do you believe teachers should be armed?" (He's a college professor, by the way.) He said, "well, I do believe they should all be armed in order to kill the conservatives." I couldn't believe what just heard! Once he knew I was a conservative, I think he felt a little bit embarrassed. This is the "oops" moment for him I am sure. This incident does not bother me, but I do believe this election brought out the worst in some people. So much anger.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's news when a black man in 2018 continues to chastised for his beliefs in conservative ideals and support for conservative public officials. I already saw the "uncle tom, sellout, etc." name calling on social media.

Good to see Kanye West standing up for himself and against the groupthink that believes every minority celebrity has to be a liberal to appease their fanbase.

Latest Kanye tweet:

"If your friend jumps off the bridge you don't have to do the same. Ye being Ye is a fight for you to be you. For people In my life the idea of Trump is pretty much a 50 50 split but I don't tell a Hillary supporter not to support Hillary
I love Hillary too."

There ya go.

He said it... that is just Kanye being Kanye.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yep. agreed

Next time, who knows? This is so true.
When Obama ran the first time, I was seriously considering McCain until Palin came along.

Palin is the reason I finally went Obama.

I went Obama again because I wasn't a big Romney fan.

In hindsight, he was probably who I should have voted for and not because I didn't like Obama.

Because he would have prevented a Trump presidency.

So, next time, I do it all over again. Evaluate them all.

If Kasich had won the R nomination, I may have voted for him.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:44 PM

24,606 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Latest Kanye tweet:

"If your friend jumps off the bridge you don't have to do the same. Ye being Ye is a fight for you to be you. For people In my life the idea of Trump is pretty much a 50 50 split but I don't tell a Hillary supporter not to support Hillary
I love Hillary too."

There ya go.

He said it... that is just Kanye being Kanye.

I don't see that tweet on his account
https://twitter.com/kanyewest?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I do see signed Donald Trump hats and MAGA hats. But my point is that Kanyew is clearly a conservative.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:46 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,694 times
I love that Kanye is promoting free thought, it's a beautiful thing!

Old 04-25-2018, 03:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Quote:
When Obama ran the first time, I was seriously considering McCain until Palin came along.

Palin is the reason I finally went Obama.

I went Obama again because I wasn't a big Romney fan.

In hindsight, he was probably who I should have voted for and not because I didn't like Obama.

Because he would have prevented a Trump presidency.

So, next time, I do it all over again. Evaluate them all.

If Kasich had won the R nomination, I may have voted for him.
McCain and Romney were bad just like Hillary. Been around too long. Seems it's just pay back from their party to put them up for their loyalty. Once they are in they do the same old tired policies that gets us nowhere.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
McCain and Romney were bad just like Hillary. Been around too long. Seems it's just pay back from their party to put them up for their loyalty. Once they are in they do the same old tired policies that gets us nowhere.
I am not one to cast aside a candidate just because they have actual job experience.

It's not like presidents are cheaper when they don't know how to do the job.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I don't see that tweet on his account
https://twitter.com/kanyewest?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I do see signed Donald Trump hats and MAGA hats. But my point is that Kanyew is clearly a conservative.
It's on there.

Posted it at 12:30 today... 4/25/18.

If you cannot find it, I can dig up a screen shot, but it is definitely on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies