Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 12:25 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Tell that to the left who is clearly outraged that an influential minority supports Trump.

Not true.
Kanye didn
Oh, I know. It was misreported on Twitter because he temporarily lost that many... some sort of technical error was the last thing I read from Twitter. Someone already mentioned this to me yesterday.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
That's the point. The fact that a minority can garner attention simply by stating he's a conservative, tells your how messed up this country is.

If the country responded with a collective yawn, it wouldn't be a big deal. But everyone is losing their mind and the left is letting loose the name calling and slams against his sanity.
Nah... there are plenty of black conservatives. Colin Powell is a really obvious one. He doesn't support Trump, though.

Trump is not an actual conservative. He's a white nationalist. That is why some people are offended at Kanye saying all this stuff that he likely doesn't even mean.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
LO l-- I like how at first you pretend to be all open minded and then have to swing in a dig to the left.

But that's an amazing point.....the fact that both sides are responding to a Black man announcing allegiance to the Republicans tells you just how racist both sides are.

For me -- it isn't about him being black -- it's the hypocritical celebrity syndrome.

When a celebrity speaks out against or for a politician -- if folks agree with their opinion -- it is their right to free speech. If they don't -- then that celebrity has no right to share their views.

I don't take Kanye's rants with integrity -- for or against Trump.

I am guilty of saying he is crazy...and that seems to mock maybe a serious issue with mental illness.

I didn't mean to suggest that. I meant crazy like I think Ted Nugent says crazy things.....that kind of thing. Kanye has always had a tendency to be out there....(I don't mean mentally). (for the record -- Rosie O'Donnell says outrageous things and hates Trump -- I don't respect her views or take what she says as having integrity).

I feel bad now because some think the way he was ranting he is maybe on the brink of having another breakdown. I didn't think so. i thought he was coming out of it and just getting out there -- doing what he does - -saying and doing outrageous things.

I thought he was just being the old Kaney before his breakdown.
I don't think he's having another breakdown. I think he's manic.

He is at his most creative when he is, most likely. I think his breakdown was actually during a depressive episode.

He must not have too many of those. Some folks with BPD are rarely depressed.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Yes most of us know there are Black conservatives but their is no denying -- see that Black person - -who is successful and you all like - -he's a Republican!!!!!!!!

Meh - if it was no big deal to either side -- neither side would bother mentioning it.

It may very well have been the Democrats that started identity politics but it is strong in both parties now.

It just is.

Both parties are guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 12:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't think he's having another breakdown. I think he's manic.

He is at his most creative when he is, most likely. I think his breakdown was actually during a depressive episode.

He must not have too many of those. Some folks with BPD are rarely depressed.
oh you sound like you know WAY more than me. I can't compare with what i know.

I hope it isn't - i hope it is just a artistic burst of whatever.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I agree. Based on his pictures, this is serious. He's posting his texts from celebrities. Some are asking him to stop and he's respectfully declining their advice while stating how people are trying to discourage him

This text is from Kanye's twitter account, JL is musician John Legend.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
You should post the other one, too.

And, Kanye isn't above posting text messages from other celebrities. I see regular folk post texts from regular folk all the time. Celebrities who are friends ARE regular folk to each other. JL didn't say anything terrible in that text. In fact, the text after it further cements the fact that they are still friends.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:32 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
I'm going to suggest that you still don't like him much, since you don't seem to know his actual name.

no i just cant operate a keyboard

Old 04-26-2018, 12:34 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Nah... there are plenty of black conservatives. Colin Powell is a really obvious one. He doesn't support Trump, though.
Ben Carson supports Trump too, no one cares. But when Kanye supports trump, everyone cares.
Quote:
Trump is not an actual conservative. He's a white nationalist. That is why some people are offended at Kanye saying all this stuff that he likely doesn't even mean.
Trump still represents the conservative party. If people are offended then they should be offended at Ben Carson too.

Believe it or not, minorities are allowed to support Donald Trump. It's a free country.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh you sound like you know WAY more than me. I can't compare with what i know.

I hope it isn't - i hope it is just a artistic burst of whatever.
There have been some discussions on the internet for years based on sourced info that Kanye has bipolar disorder. Which isn't a terrible thing... so many artists have it.

It's how they get that "artistic burst of whatever" that gets them where they are, in many cases.

I think Kanye's is managed really well, but there was that episode in San Jose last year where he was lying on stage taking off his shoes and he was off to a facility after that. There was another big episode after his mom died.

Totally understandable, of course.

I don't make fun of people when they have mental conditions. Most people have SOMETHING. You know?

I think he wouldn't be Kanye without the sum of his experiences, including his manic episodes.

I hope that makes sense.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:35 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
You should post the other one, too.

And, Kanye isn't above posting text messages from other celebrities. I see regular folk post texts from regular folk all the time. Celebrities who are friends ARE regular folk to each other. JL didn't say anything terrible in that text. In fact, the text after it further cements the fact that they are still friends.
And it further cements this isn't publicity stunt or joke by Kanye. And it further cements his tweet that people are trying to discourage him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies