Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 05:44 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No, you are the one who hates women and is creating some arbitrary standard of never being faced with an unwanted pregnancy as being a high standard. That makes you a judgmental person who has been lucky enough to not being in that position. It says ZERO about the women who do choose to have an abortion other than that you feel you are entitled to judge them. Newsflash: You aren't.

You hold no moral high ground here and from where I'm looking, you are actually the one who lacks self esteem and self respect because you wouldn't be tearing down other women to make yourself feel that you actually possessed those traits.
What percent of abortions are from women who are using 2 types of birth control correctly?

Old 04-26-2018, 06:01 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
So some planned parenthood activist who advocates 'making trouble' has gravitas? it's what she does. May as well be the words of HRC or Gloria allred. that's where they live and what you'd expect them to say. Credibility requires some objectivity and a resume of reasonable positions based on facts and logic, not wishful fantasies.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:44 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Anyone who thinks like you could be called a "fool" also!

Don't forget, it can go BOTH ways.
Really? Was it stopped with Reagan? The first Bush? Second Bush? No. It amazes me how they play the pro-life folks as fools.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:06 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If they didn't want a baby, why weren't they responsible enough to use free birth control?
My niece is a conservative who doesn’t believe in birth control or abortion. She had 3 kids that she can’t afford. Guess who’s paying for her and her kids.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:12 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My niece is a conservative who doesn’t believe in birth control or abortion. She had 3 kids that she can’t afford. Guess who’s paying for her and her kids.
You're minority, no? I've already posted why minorities won't use government-provided birth control.

Fully 1/3 of the respondents in this pro-family planning organization's study believe that the government pushes free birth control as a means of deliberately limiting the size of minority populations. They view the government pushing birth control on them as racism:

Although Most Unmarried Young Adults Want to Avoid Pregnancy, Many Don't Use Contraception

Interestingly, note that it's exactly those same minorities who are disproportionately poor.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:24 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am sure that these congressmen that want the clinics closed have researched alternatives for family planning and health care in detail.

Obviously there are millions of people using these clinics so we need to steer them elsewhere because some don't agree with abortions.
Does anybody else see the irony, where is so many are in favor of PP yet they CAN'T survive WITHOUT fed gov't money.

One would think that all those that do support it would donate enough to NOT need fed money.

Where are all the rich celebs w see all the time on TV?

The word "hypocrite" also come to mind.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If I knew someone who was killing babies I would notify the police immediately.
"I would notify the police immediately."

No you would NOT.

You WOULD protest the police if they killed some punk trying to kill them.

If all you have is juvenile insults when someone has different opinion then yours, I feel sorry for you!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 04-27-2018 at 05:45 AM..

Old 04-27-2018, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you really believe the words coming off your finger tips?

Since the early beginnings of mankind our species have been slaves to our hormones and passions. Even when acting on such could result in shame, banishment, beatings or death. This hasn't changed. As well from the time man figured out what caused pregnancy we have been trying to figure out ways to prevent it, from withdrawal to rhythm to crude condoms and IUDs, herbal concoctions, poisons, infanticide and abortion.

The OP said sarcastically "hey let's celebrate it" (abortion). Well maybe she is right. Now, finally we have developed various safe forms of birth control and if those fail we have a sterile, safe procedure to terminate pregnancy. No more need for infanticide, abandonment, poisons or botched abortions resulting in death and mutilations.
"Do you really believe the words coming off your finger tips? "

What did I say that upsets you.

NOTHING I said was NO TRUE.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
why would anyone care what someone who thinks they get to say what a woman gets to do with her own body thinks?
"why would anyone care what someone who thinks they get to say what a woman gets to do with her own body thinks?"

OK, "a woman gets to do with her own body"

So, let's allow EVERYBODY to do with their OWN BODY. fair is fair.

NO more seat belt laws.

NO more helmet laws.

NO more restrictions on how old you have to be to get on some amusement park rides.

I could provide more.

A women IS free to CHOOSE to do with her body as she wants.

"why would anyone care"

I DON'T care what she does with er body BUT, WITH that CHOICE,she should ALSO be held responsible for anything that happens as a result of making that choice.

Are they too STUPID to know that IF they engage sex that they COULD get pregnant?

With ALL choices, there are RESPONSIBILITIES that go along with making those choices.

But, I forgot, MANNY today will NEVER take responsibility for their choices.

They learn it from their politicians.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Who's trying to make people pay for abortions? The money PP gets from the federal government goes to non-abortion services.

But that's a red herring anyway, we all pay for lots of things we completely disagree with via our taxes.
"The money PP gets from the federal government goes to non-abortion services."

As someone said, "A FOOL is born every day!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies