Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 09:32 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You think that the fact that Trump hasn't even mentioned the 4 killed at the Waffle House or to congratulate the heroic James Shaw Jr. has no significance?

That's also on Trump, and yes, things like that do affect voters of color and those who can see quite easily the racial animus that Trump has fomented.
Unfortunately these shootings are becoming way too common. There have been a ton I'm sure Trump hasn't mentioned.

If you think that's a sign of Trump's 'racism'...that's grasping for straws..

3 people were killed and 7 wounded yesterday in Chicago in 7 hours.

Trump didn't mention that either , so I guess he's racist.

3 killed, at least 7 wounded over 7 hours in Chicago - Chicago Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 09:39 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Unfortunately these shootings are becoming way too common. There have been a ton I'm sure Trump hasn't mentioned.

If you think that's a sign of Trump's 'racism'...that's grasping for straws..

3 people were killed and 7 wounded yesterday in Chicago in 7 hours.

Trump didn't mention that either , so I guess he's racist.

3 killed, at least 7 wounded over 7 hours in Chicago - Chicago Tribune
hope you didn't hurt yourself stretching to come up with that, but nope. Multiple incidents while tragic are not the same in terms of newsworthiness as a mass shooting stopped by an heroic, unarmed man.

And we all know that Trump would have been all over it if he had been able to make a claim it was a Muslim terrorist or undocumented immigrant as the shooter.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:44 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
This report will not make 10 o’clock news CNN

Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
hope you didn't hurt yourself stretching to come up with that, but nope. Multiple incidents while tragic are not the same in terms of newsworthiness as a mass shooting stopped by an heroic, unarmed man.

And we all know that Trump would have been all over it if he had been able to make a claim it was a Muslim terrorist or undocumented immigrant as the shooter.
This is why the Democratic party is failing. Instead of focusing on the economy like the smart billionaire Robert Johnson. They want to obsess over why Trump didn't mention this or that . Or what over analyzing Trump's tweets and on and on.

The young man was heroic for sure , there are many heroes and they never get mentioned by the media or Trump as well.

If Trump did mention it , would you suddenly gain respect for Trump? No. You'd still say he's racist.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
This report will not make 10 o’clock news CNN
No it won't . But if he came out and said Trump was the worst person ever and Hitler 2.0 they'd have him on nightly as a special commentator.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:52 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Did anyone actually read the article? The black unemployment rate went from 17% to 7.8% during Obama`s 2 terms. What miracle has orange Jesus performed for blacks? Johnson enjoys his tax cut as all wealthy people do.
Most weren't being counted since they drop out of looking for work. The numbers were manipulated but you knew that.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:54 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Most weren't being counted since they drop out of looking for work. The numbers were manipulated but you knew that.
And those same numbers are magically not manipulated when it comes to giving credit to Trump?

Try another fairy tale, this one isn't working.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:44 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I've talked to "you" here in texas. I'm not interested in talking to silicon valley voters..... monolithic, political thinkers or they are fired for stepping out of that mandatory think box.

republicans should stop banging heads on group brick walls. policies that are important to americans as individuals is the only way for republicans to win elections.
Well, I'm talking about Asian American voters nationwide, and that's a trend. Deny this all want. And even in Silicon Valley, there are some Asian Trump supporters. They're pretty vocal, but it's pretty safe to say that there isn't a whole lot of them.

And if the Republicans really want our votes, you better talk to us why - and don't say that we're stupid, we vote in lockstep ---- that usual inane nonsense, and wonder why there aren't a whole lot of us supporting the GOP. Believe me, a lot of us used to. The answer why isn't on us.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:09 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Nonsense .

That’s just propaganda . Us versus them bs . The vast majority of whites just want to live their lives and want the best for their families . Like most blacks Hispanics and Asians .
Dems use this to distract and make minorities think they are “ standing up/fighting for them “.

You really think there is a huge segment of the white population that wants slavery to come back or segregation to come back ?

You are wrong that Trumps actions and tone haven’t done anything for the economy .

Ask and listen to business owners . You haven’t heard about the companies that are coming back to the US , specifically due to Trump policies ?

For decades Americans said they wanted a businessman as President and not a politician and we finally have one .
That is not what I meant. What I am saying is that there are a lot of white males (the demographic that dominates in this economy) who feel the country is slipping away from them and who feel that they are under assault and that no one is standing up for the interest of white males. Note, I did not say that most white males are THINKING THIS, but rather, feeling this. Trump saying he is going to make America great again and many minorities feeling that Trump is taking away from them or is a threat to them (validly or invalidly) creates the corollary in many whites that Trump must be for them. I mean, if a President is whit and citizens that are minorities feel that he threatens their progress....then many whites will interpret that as meaning that the President must be for whites, by default.

I mean....its been the case, traditionally, that if the masses of white people were really against a particular black leader.....that the black leader must therefore be doing something good for black people. Contrarily, if the masses of whites were in favor of a particular black leader then that leader likely is not working in the interest of black people. Hence, it stands reason that if black people are really against a certain white leader that whites would interpret that, subconsciously or consciously, as someone who is looking out for the interest of white people. This is because many people see things as a zero sum game. In other words, for blacks to gain means whites must lose and visa versa. In such a mindset simply one race of people being for or against a particular person inspires and equal and opposite reaction in another race.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:17 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Nonsense .

That’s just propaganda . Us versus them bs . The vast majority of whites just want to live their lives and want the best for their families . Like most blacks Hispanics and Asians .
Dems use this to distract and make minorities think they are “ standing up/fighting for them “.

You really think there is a huge segment of the white population that wants slavery to come back or segregation to come back ?

You are wrong that Trumps actions and tone haven’t done anything for the economy .

Ask and listen to business owners . You haven’t heard about the companies that are coming back to the US , specifically due to Trump policies ?

For decades Americans said they wanted a businessman as President and not a politician and we finally have one .
Not slavery, but possibly segregation (and yes, I'm being serious)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies