U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2018, 12:25 AM
 
Location: Florida
8,286 posts, read 4,072,707 times
Reputation: 10010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A star is someone with name recognition. I don't think Cardi B quite qualifies. If you went on the street and asked 20 people of different socioeconomic groups who Card B is, I'm willing to bet that a majority of them would have no clue.
Well she was on the Tonight Show :


Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LPVjHxXvJM

She has also had three hit records in the Top 10 charts this past year so I would imagine the people who don't know her are old and don't listen to pop radio.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2018, 12:43 AM
 
57,054 posts, read 31,905,104 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Not totally . It just doesn’t get a lot of media attention though .

—-

Jay-Z's newest album "4:44" may be a critical and commercial smash, but not everyone is pleased with it.

The Anti-Defamation League criticized the rapper for a couple of lyrics it considered anti-Semitic soon after its release last Friday


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-league-says/
Jay doesn’t give a damn about any anti defamation league.

He’s made hundreds of millions of dollars for a whole lot of Jews, and they ain’t complaining. When they complain, let me know. I won’t hold my breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A star is someone with name recognition. I don't think Cardi B quite qualifies. If you went on the street and asked 20 people of different socioeconomic groups who Card B is, I'm willing to bet that a majority of them would have no clue.
Cardi B is beyond a star right now. She’s been the most talked about female entertainer for a year now. She’s a superstar.

Who do you consider to be a star? Okay...Cardi B is hotter than THAT person is right now, and it ain’t even close.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 01:42 AM
 
Location: Texas
34,507 posts, read 14,590,984 times
Reputation: 8935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Well she was on the Tonight Show :


Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LPVjHxXvJM

She has also had three hit records in the Top 10 charts this past year so I would imagine the people who don't know her are old and don't listen to pop radio.
She seems nice enough in that video. English isn't her first language, right?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 03:06 AM
 
Location: Florida
8,286 posts, read 4,072,707 times
Reputation: 10010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
She seems nice enough in that video. English isn't her first language, right?
Yes it is her first and only language !

Aren't you fluent in Bronx? and other bird call intonations?



By the way after she graduated high school she was a stripper for about 3 years and saved about $20k and poured it into her recording career instead...talk about a hustle!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 06:40 AM
Noc
 
1,436 posts, read 1,933,293 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No. Rappers attribute almost godlike powers to Jewish lawyers for some reason.

There are a million rap lyrics that talk about having Jewish lawyers, or how they’re “making money with the Jews.” It’s high stereotyping, but the Jews aren’t really complaining. Especially the rapper’s managers, lawyers, agents, A&R’s and other label execs.

When they complain, then I’ll listen.
THIS!

I love how some folks like to complain for others who are clearly NOT offended. Jewish business folks have been raking in "millions if not BILLIONs" off of rappers and their culture sicne the 70's. To add you have car dealerships, jewelers, alcohol, night clubs, fashion, real estate, private jet industry, franchises. I can go on. The critics of rappers just look at them as classless people who just came into money BUT they are contributing to the economy in a BIG way and Jewish lawyer et al are loving every minute of it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
25,304 posts, read 18,504,236 times
Reputation: 12239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
THIS!

I love how some folks like to complain for others who are clearly NOT offended. Jewish business folks have been raking in "millions if not BILLIONs" off of rappers and their culture sicne the 70's. To add you have car dealerships, jewelers, alcohol, night clubs, fashion, real estate, private jet industry, franchises. I can go on. The critics of rappers just look at them as classless people who just came into money BUT they are contributing to the economy in a BIG way and Jewish lawyer et al are loving every minute of it.
I hope you do realize every Jewish person isn’t a lawyer or in show biz or in business in general .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 AM
 
16,213 posts, read 9,452,177 times
Reputation: 8409
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
She shouldn't have said it. She should stick to stereotypes about poor people who come from the Bronx inner city....... But I don't expect much from rappers who cash in on all things negative.
I agree with this but admit that Cardi-B as a rapper is a guilty pleasure of mine when I workout at the gym lol.

Like Kanye, not sure why any of you take the stuff rappers say seriously.

She and Kanye are not people worthy of taking seriously. They are professional entertainers and like putting on a show. You are getting her more of a fan base/following by posting things about her.

On anti-semitism in rap music, IMO it is there, so is misogyny, so it racism, so are a lot of negative things. It still reflects our society IMO - combination of good and bad in many ways.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
36,817 posts, read 20,227,347 times
Reputation: 13143
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
At the very least, a stereotype, but this isn't the first time. Michael Jackson, Jay-Z, have written similar sentiments in songs.

Michael Jackson is probably the only white guy who could get away with making a stereotype like this without all hell breaking loose.
Jackson used the line "Jew me" in ", They Don't Care About Us" which was about oppression. The song included even skinheads as a lyrics. Jay-Z, I'll agree with but not Jacko.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Noc
 
1,436 posts, read 1,933,293 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I hope you do realize every Jewish person isn’t a lawyer or in show biz or in business in general .
It's why I said Jewish business folks and not Jewish people. I could have gotten even more specific but that would be going off into the weeds.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2018, 12:08 PM
 
57,054 posts, read 31,905,104 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
She seems nice enough in that video. English isn't her first language, right?
She’s equally fluent in English and Spanish. Her mom is black from Trinidad, and her father is Dominican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
THIS!

I love how some folks like to complain for others who are clearly NOT offended. Jewish business folks have been raking in "millions if not BILLIONs" off of rappers and their culture sicne the 70's. To add you have car dealerships, jewelers, alcohol, night clubs, fashion, real estate, private jet industry, franchises. I can go on. The critics of rappers just look at them as classless people who just came into money BUT they are contributing to the economy in a BIG way and Jewish lawyer et al are loving every minute of it.
You’re right...BILLIONS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I hope you do realize every Jewish person isn’t a lawyer or in show biz or in business in general .
Jews built the music business in this country. There’s no shame in that.

They dominate the music biz side til this day. That’s the simple truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this but admit that Cardi-B as a rapper is a guilty pleasure of mine when I workout at the gym lol.

Like Kanye, not sure why any of you take the stuff rappers say seriously.

She and Kanye are not people worthy of taking seriously. They are professional entertainers and like putting on a show. You are getting her more of a fan base/following by posting things about her.

On anti-semitism in rap music, IMO it is there, so is misogyny, so it racism, so are a lot of negative things. It still reflects our society IMO - combination of good and bad in many ways.
I’ve never really heard any anti Semitism in hip hop. I have heard some high stereotyping, but the Jews in the industry appear to be eating it up. They’re certainly enjoying the profits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top