Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 06:09 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times

Advertisements

Seriously, I know where public opinon is on this but its still happening.

You go into black neighborhoods you'll see it, this **** is put on their personal record.

How can we live in a country like this, why is this still happening? Is their no special interest to force this down the throats of our congressmen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 06:17 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Still against the law on a Federal level.

Next!

Old 04-25-2018, 06:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

You go into black neighborhoods you'll see it, this **** is put on their personal record.

How can we live in a country like this, why is this still happening? Is their no special interest to force this down the throats of our congressmen?
BILLIONS of dollars have been handed out to state, local, federal, city, county and town police and jails and other related parties....

Money talks and BS walks. These judges love their power over the freedoms of other human beings.

Things are not as they appear. My wife got involved (elected) into politics and we got to see things that you would simply not believe. Just to give you a little taste.....

In our state, the real power was at the county. Superior courts tried everything from the kid with pot to the murder cases. That's a LOT of power! Without even getting into how corrupt the county top officials (freeholders, in this case) are, let me tell you about who gets to be judges over murder cases.

When my wife was running there was a sleazy lawyer who was on the campaign committee. He was the typical small town snake, doing some bankruptcy cases, etc. etc - never really made much of a living, but was the complete opposite of an honorable man. He drank a LOT, got divorced, lied whenever he opened his mouth and would do ANYTHING for money. My wife actually disowned the party and ran as an independent (and won) because she couldn't even sit at a table with him.

Well, a few years go by. Even tho he was the "other party" of the one that ran the county, he pulled some strings to allow something to happen (in this case, a 60 million dollar school in an area that was protected as "wild forever" - which would, of course, result in massive more development around it).....

The next year he was put up for Superior Court Judge (tit for tat). My wife even went to the State Capital and testified against him at his nomination hearing. Ha Ha...lotta good that did.

And so, the Honorable Mr. Snake is sitting in the courthouse. You see, even for the opposition party, appointing a guy Judge means you "take him out of the loop" of everyday politics.

And that is the type of person - times 10's of thousands - who is/was profiting from the Drug War(s).

So, the real answer as to why you don't have the basic liberty of even your own mind and body is that it doesn't pay well enough.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:23 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,422,074 times
As said, Federal crime... and Federal law is above State law in this situation.

Is it smart/right? Not in my book, but I'm smart enough to simply not break the law regardless of how I feel about it. Don't want a criminal record? Don't break the (well known and established) laws.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:26 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Cany any of constitutional experts point out the wording in the fedguvs rule book that authorizes it to control what people put in their own bodies?

Old 04-25-2018, 06:35 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
Practically speaking, even if you think pot should be legalized, the government does have a compelling public safety reason for arresting people who are smoking pot when doing so is causing them to be impaired in their driving since that is putting the public's safety at risk.

Just like they have a compelling reason to arrest people who are drinking alcohol (a legal, but regulated product) when they are drinking and driving impaired.

Someone who is high as a kite or drunk as a skunk (have to throw in a few fun similes ) doesn't have a right to impose their intoxicated state on others' public safety if they are choosing to take a ton+ projectile on the road.

All too often you hear about a habitually intoxicated driver killing someone (or multiple people) on the road, and it's their 5th or 6th DUI when they've just gotten a slap on the wrist before.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:37 PM

712 posts, read 555,420 times
As long as it is against the law they will be arrested.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
It causes global warming...the greatest threat to mankind.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Legislators make the laws. We are a country of laws. break a law and it goes on your record. Can't buy a gun in places like NJ if you smoke pot. Unless you lie on your application.

Police get their orders from the mayor.

Smoking in public is like drinking in public, not allowed. open bottle in car and you are snagged for DUI even if you are sober. Drain the swamp. don't vote for your legislator again.

Legalized pot does not mean you go to a park or street corner and discombobulate your CNS with pot.

Stay home don't drive. Out in public you should be arrested as a threat to public safety.

Some neighborhoods have replaced legislated law with gang rules. Should they be exempt from the law?

Old 04-25-2018, 06:46 PM

73,021 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Still against the law on a Federal level.

Next!
Why is it illegal on a federal level? Have you ever questioned that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies