Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Voluntary association. It's a good thing, even though it is unequally supported by the masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 07:36 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would have taken my hat off. Ordered a picture of beer.

Then "accidentally" dropped my picture of beer in the middle of the entry as I was leaving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Hey, you dropped your Polaroid. Probably shook it too much and it flew right out of your hand!
Don't kid. He was running late to catch his bus back to 1992.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:37 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Over a hat? Just unbelievable. People just need to get over it already and quit being bitter souls.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:37 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have always thought that people who did not want to bake cakes for gay people should adopt a strategy that avoided litigation, but so many of them seem to be proud of their bigotry.

If one does not want to perform a service for someone, one need only make their service seem undesirable to that person.

Which is really what happened in this instance. The guy was asked to remove his hat. He refused to remove it and was asked to leave... he had no leg to stand on because he could have stayed if he'd agreed to keep his hat off.

If a Christian bigot baker doesn't want to bake a wedding cake for gay people, that baker needs only to make a product that is less enticing to gay people. Like, nothing but dry, ugly cakes or something.

I'm kidding, of course. But, I don't get why bakers don't want to make money. Nobody says they have to deliver cakes for gay people or participate in actual weddings. Cakes are eaten at receptions.

A reception is a party after an event. So... how is baking that cake violating their religious views? It's not. They're just bigots wanting to be rude.
For me when it comes to business I could care less who the client is sleeping with. When I'm in the business mode it's all about the money and potential future business.

I've said before, those bakers were idiots if they want to stay in business.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:39 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
If bakers want to discriminate against gay people, they need to run their bakeries in states where it is legal to do so.

If people want to win lawsuits over being discriminated against for the political advertisements they wear on their heads, they need to do so in states where bartenders are required by law to serve *******s wearing Trump caps.

Simple enough.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Over a hat? Just unbelievable. People just need to get over it already and quit being bitter souls.
Oh, I think we are a ways away from that.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Trump2020

Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
sexual orientation is protected. Political is not.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Wearing a MAGA hat is like wearing a KKK hood or displaying a swastika. The entire point of wearing it is to provoke and receive negative attention. I know a couple of restaurants in my area that will also ask people wearing MAGA gear to leave, it has led to arguments and fights and people are just sick of dealing with the Trump cult drama queens.
Exactly.

It's like the morons walking around grocery stores sporting assault rifles. They do it to get a reaction.

If the guy had only wanted a drink and not a bunch of trouble, he would have taken the damn cap off.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:44 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If bakers want to discriminate against gay people, they need to run their bakeries in states where it is legal to do so.

If people want to win lawsuits over being discriminated against for the political advertisements they wear on their heads, they need to do so in states where bartenders are required by law to serve *******s.

Simple enough.
Make it even simpler - all associations are voluntary, for both buyer AND seller. Doesn't get more simple than that.

Most (like 98-99%) businesses will voluntarily associate with anyone willing to trade them money for whatever good/service they are selling. Yes, the remaining small percentage will choose to not associate with certain buyers according to whatever totally personal and subjective criteria they have, like sexual orientation, religious beliefs, dumb_@s$ political clothing, whatever. But so what? For every one business that has some goofy "please don't increase my revenue, I wish to be bad at business" policy for their associations, 49 other businesses are happy to take that market share and make that money.

All...associations...should...be...voluntary.

Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies