Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 11:01 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You left out the comments about the Mexican President and the Wall--
I don't see that as a successful way to negotiate that objective
I suspect I left out a lot of things. One can only keep track of so much.

Macron just played him for a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 11:06 AM

10,724 posts, read 4,333,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You cannot be serious with this post.

Those are some rosy colored spectacles you have there.
Even the Australian PM Turnbull, whom Trump had an angry phone call with (and for good reason, Obama had made a refugee deal that Trump didn't like).....Turnbull loves Trump and has a relationship with him that Obama never had with Turnbull-

“It was a wonderful, warm evening of thanks and recognition of those veterans, and of course it was great for Lucy and I to meet with the President and Mrs Trump,” Mr Turnbull told reporters at a press conference in New York on Friday.

“That was more family than formal, a very, very warm encounter and a great evening.

“It was an opportunity for us to get to know each other, face-to-face.

“We have backgrounds that are similar in many respects — businessmen that found our way into politics — and we’ve also got a lot of friends in common too.

“So it was a very, very warm, as I said, more family than formal.”

“The two presidents are obviously very different men but I have been delighted and honoured to meet with each of them,” he said.

Donald Trump meets Malcolm Turnbull: What they discussed

Old 04-28-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I suspect I left out a lot of things. One can only keep track of so much.

Macron just played him for a fool.
Trump just played Macron for a fool, because Macron has been unable to change Trump's mind about Iran and Syria, despite Macron being more affectionate with Trump than any other world leader.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:08 AM

What you are quoting is Australian political smooth talk.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But Trump and the cult are not bright enough to see that. They obviously don't have enough brain power among them to understand the gist of Macron's speech to Congress, to the degree that Trump actually thinks this visit was a rousing personal success. Such is the mindset of idiots.

I wasn't yukking it up. Listening to him relate conspiracy theories as if they were truth, reiterating his election win, calling his political opponents names and basically blubbering on and on about all kinds of other ridiculous nonsense, I was horrified that this imbecile is our president.
However, any world leader interested in playing Trump could learn how to do it from listening.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:10 AM

As for Merkel, why would anyone respect Merkel?
With her views she may as well live in California....
Trump is for borders, as any respectable world leader should be.
Merkel is not a respectable world leader.
Trump treats her the way she deserves to be treated, unlike the spineless loser that is Obama....

Old 04-28-2018, 11:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Even the Australian PM Turnbull, whom Trump had an angry phone call with (and for good reason, Obama had made a refugee deal that Trump didn't like).....Turnbull loves Trump and has a relationship with him that Obama never had with Turnbull-

“It was a wonderful, warm evening of thanks and recognition of those veterans, and of course it was great for Lucy and I to meet with the President and Mrs Trump,” Mr Turnbull told reporters at a press conference in New York on Friday.

“That was more family than formal, a very, very warm encounter and a great evening.

“It was an opportunity for us to get to know each other, face-to-face.

“We have backgrounds that are similar in many respects — businessmen that found our way into politics — and we’ve also got a lot of friends in common too.

“So it was a very, very warm, as I said, more family than formal.”

“The two presidents are obviously very different men but I have been delighted and honoured to meet with each of them,” he said.

Donald Trump meets Malcolm Turnbull: What they discussed
There was nothing political referenced in that puff piece
Ask him now--maybe he is not so happy about some of Trump's political/economic moves

Old 04-28-2018, 11:15 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
As for Merkel, why would anyone respect Merkel?
With her views she may as well live in California....
Trump is for borders, as any respectable world leader should be.
Merkel is not a respectable world leader.
Trump treats her the way she deserves to be treated, unlike the spineless loser that is Obama....
And that is why his base is so respected around the world

Old 04-28-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
There was nothing political referenced in that puff piece
Ask him now--maybe he is not so happy about some of Trump's political/economic moves
See, Trump doesn't bend over, unlike Obama.
Trump can do whatever he wants, and world leaders still like him, because he's a lot more sociable and personable than Obama ever was.
Look at the thing between Macron and Trump....they don't agree on anything and still get along like best buddies.
Obama chose to be a sheep and do whatever the other world leaders wanted....thereby weakening America.....whereas Trump actually represent's America's best interests.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:18 AM

You've got to be kidding.

Macron hugged and mugged it up with Trump, played him for an old fool.

Gave a speech to Congress that involved casting some serious shade in Trump's direction. Got a standing ovation for it.

His Fox & Friends interview was weird and rude. They literally had to shut him down to get him off the phone.

I suspect most leaders see him in the same light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies