Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 06:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Aaaaand, none of you frothing libs mention what he had to say about the Iran deal, or N. Korea.
If you heard the Fox interview today, Trump was the one frothing at the mouth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 06:59 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,784,010 times
Love my President, MAGA!

Old 04-26-2018, 07:02 PM

10,784 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
And your so sure of this because? We don’t know how close or far Mueller is. Let’s not speculate. The way Trump is spouting off as a call in on Fox and Friends. He is walking a dangerous path. Looks like Trump is his own worst enemy. Now, he has publicly threatened the justice department and I think that is the last straw for some in Congress. (Republicans too)
If there is one thing we know for sure it is that Trump always finishes on top.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:10 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
We have had probably 6 vacations in Arkansas during our 45+ yr marriage
Lovely places and people were very nice, friendly but based on my experience they are not too interested in the world outside

Friends were transferred to Bentonville area for his job with General Mills--he got the WalMart account
Supposedly a big kudo but they hated it
His bosses always came for every meeting eventhough he likely could have done better w/o them
She couldn't take the isolated, small town living and they were pretty far from their grandson
Heaved a sigh of relief when he was able to transfer back to DFW area where they lived before

How detailed is that map?
Guess I will go check it out...
I wouldn't call Bentonville isolated or small town - it is part of the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers-Prairie Grove metro area. All of these towns run together and the area is booming in population. As you indicated, Bentonville is the national headquarters of Wal-Mart, which explains some but not all of the growth.

NWA is also a very popular area for retirees.

Fayetteville is the home of the University of Arkansas and the newish Crystal Bridges Art Museum is also in this area. Lots of cultural and sporting events associated with the university are held throughout the year. College football is huge in Arkansas - sooey, go Hogs!

The Ozarks and the Boston Mountains are right next door (parts of Fayetteville are mountainous, in fact), and offer rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking and camping, while the many lakes and spring-fed rivers offer water sports of all kinds. Then there are the caves.

It's a pretty cool area.

Of course, it's not DFW. Many would say thank goodness!

Back to the topic: the map shows each county in the US and whether it went red or blue. There are different shades of each color, and Alaska is gray. I suppose the intensity of the colors has some significance but it's not clear just what - I'd guess the deeper the color, the greater the percentage. Given all that's happened since November of 2016, I think that map would look a lot different now, if people were questioned as to whether they'd still vote as they did then or would choose a different candidate, knowing what they now know.

Supposedly Trump had a framed copy of that map hung in the White House after his "victory".

Old 04-26-2018, 07:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I would love to know what any of the NY attorneys handling Trump's pleadings on the SDNY case were thinking when s/he saw that clip...
She was probably thinking about quitting!

Old 04-26-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
If there is one thing we know for sure it is that Trump always finishes on top.
No we can't state that w/100% certainty---we haven't seen Stormy's photos...yet...

Last edited by loves2read; 04-26-2018 at 08:52 PM..

Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
She was probably thinking about quitting!
I would bet that someone besides Trump is paying those fees--
Like all the people donating to his reelection campaign
So deep pockets to keep this hockey puck out of jail til 2020--
They will earn every dollar ten times over if they do...

Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump is a disgrace to the nation....he really is...and that is no hyperbole.
Why don't you protest by paying higher taxes?

Old 04-26-2018, 07:37 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He's never going to be politically correct or follow any kind of a company line. He's always going to portray himself as one of the regular folks with frustrations ect.

That's his thing. Haven't you figured it out yet?

What that really means is, Donald Trump has no self control. No matter how you paint that pig, it is still a pig. What you see as him being not politically correct is actually a man who has never learned any of the lessons most people learned about being civil, compassionate, and smart.

Every time he opens his mouth, he puts that size 11 shoe deeper and deeper down his throat.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:41 PM

1,438 posts, read 780,003 times
I saw the interview. I swear I don't understand my own country. We have many of the world's top universities. We produce most of the worlds Nobel Laureates. We have so many gifted thinkers, writers, teachers, researchers and artists. And yet this is the guy who is President. Speaks at an elementary school level, has no intellectual curiosity, and yet still has millions of supporters. Makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies