Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 04:07 PM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
But is it like this just outside the friggen County Courthouse in Anchorage?
Alaska has dog poop that stays frozen through out the winter. Not even a comparison to the daily onslaught of human waste, used needles and garbage left by the animals that live on the streets of the west coast.

There is a whole train load of Dem / Soros sponsored illegals arriving at the border this weekend. Maybe we can put them on a bus to Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 04:08 PM

72,875 posts, read 62,373,317 times
Quote:
But is it like this just outside the friggen County Courthouse in Anchorage?
It doesn't matter where it is. This is still a problem. And political party has nothing to do with it.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:20 PM

16,410 posts, read 8,488,319 times
Quote:
https://www.king5.com/article/news/l.../281-544955678

The King County courthouse is in the heart of downtown Seattle, not far from Elliot Bay. On the block where the main entrance is, there have been 380 assaults and 51 robberies reported, just in the past nine months. There is so much human waste on the sidewalk that crews have to pressure wash it on a daily basis, which of course is flushed down the storm drains. I'm sure the salmon appreciate that.

The former King County sheriff was once attacked outside the courthouse by a man with a pair of scissors. Jurors have been assaulted and threatened.

Seattle has been controlled by left-wing Democrats for decades. We now have a city council member who self-identifies as 'Marxist.' I don't think we have had a GOP mayor since James 'Dorm' Braman in 1964. I don't suppose the decades of far-left leadership could have anything to do with the above conditions. Nah, I'm sure the two are just random coincidence, totally unrelated. (/sarc)

Detroit, here we come!
Seattle use to be fairly nice for a visit, and was considered a jewel for a period of time by the leftists who touted it's virtues.
However I was recently there, and let me tell you, it along with nearby Vancouver has become a haven for homeless drugged out bums.

It reminds me of what happened to San Francisco with feces and urine in the streets, dopers on every corner, anything being stolen that is not locked up, etc.
It is not Tony Bennett's SF any longer, nor is Seattle what was depicted in the series Fraiser.

`

Old 04-26-2018, 04:21 PM

16,410 posts, read 8,488,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It doesn't matter where it is. This is still a problem. And political party has nothing to do with it.
Incorrect in most cases, but believe what you want.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:23 PM

46,222 posts, read 26,988,484 times
Well, I've been told Seattle is successful....so I guess they need to start providing poop maps.....like a state/city directly below WA....

Old 04-26-2018, 04:31 PM

1,704 posts, read 746,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Incorrect in most cases, but believe what you want.
Political party, liberal or conservative, has absolutely nothing to do with the joblessness, lack of manufacturing, lack of brick and mortar retail shops, robot replacement, and general lack of industry in many urban areas of our country.

Unemployment and poor wages promote hopelessness, despair, depression, and chemical dependency.

These are all symptoms of a failing economy. Despite what gets reported by the news media, our economy IS faltering.

Last edited by zeliner; 04-26-2018 at 04:40 PM..

Old 04-26-2018, 04:34 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times
Quote:
Well, I lived in Seattle until 2001, and spent lots of time downtown, both day and late at night. It was a fairly large city even then, and did not have such things. There was crime of course, but nothing like 380 assaults and 51 robberies in a 9 month period.

Denial--not just a river in Egypt...
Facts:
//www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ashington.html

You had more assaults on average back in 2002, then you have had recently (please observe the per 1,000 people averages). Any more nonsense?
I mean seriously, can you at least make a effort to use facts?

Old 04-26-2018, 04:37 PM

46,222 posts, read 26,988,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Facts:
//www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ashington.html

You had more assaults on average back in 2002, then you have had recently (please observe the per 1,000 people averages). Any more nonsense?
I mean seriously, can you at least make a effort to use facts?
Hahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I mean, can you read or comprehend? He said he LEFT in 2001, and then you provide something from 2002+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
Well, I lived in Seattle until 2001, and spent lots of time downtown, both day and late at night. It was a fairly large city even then, and did not have such things. There was crime of course, but nothing like 380 assaults and 51 robberies in a 9 month period.

Denial--not just a river in Egypt...
I mean really, can you comprehend?

Old 04-26-2018, 04:44 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I mean, can you read or comprehend? He said he LEFT in 2001, and then you provide something from 2002+?

I mean really, can you comprehend?
I dont think there was a massive crime spree the year after he left. I could probably take the time to fnd the 2001 figures, but they arent going to be massively different.

Any more nonsense? You look very foolish at the moment.

Edit-heres another one that has 2001 and more recent data. Crime is down.

https://realestate.usnews.com/places.../seattle/crime

Old 04-26-2018, 04:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,767,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What I don't understand is these cities have housing shortages yet continue to welcome every 3rd world non English speaking illiterate and their 6 children who can illegally cross the border.

They continue to take a problem and make it worse.
There's a line between doing good and just being bonkers under the guise of doing good.

West coast cities can't even begin to keep up with the homeless problem. It's more than a problem, it's at epidemic proportions. Los Angeles looks like Tijuana in may parts of the city, including the parks.

Just like the OPs story of how the homeless in Seattle are living in the shadows of city hall, it is identical here:
L.A.'s homelessness surged 75% in six years. Here's why the crisis has been decades in the making

The homeless have doubled in 10 years, while our councilmen, Mayors, and state legislators are fixated on protecting illegal immigration at the cost of citizens who are suffering themselves.

It's absurd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies