Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 05:17 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Maybe you shouldn't be at gun ranges taking photos and announcing it to the world so soon after a mass shooting committed by a teenager at a high school?

Just a thought.
You’re right. That’s almost as bad as attending a NASCAR event and posting pics right after a tragic auto accident! What were they thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 05:22 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Just don't post a picture of him saluting a flag or anything.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:36 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
This is the rise of Big Brother and it's time for patriots to resist:

Ken Bone posts pic of his son at gun range, and now the kid is SUSPENDED – The Right Scoop
The Leftists are totally out of control. Is there really any doubt who the "fascists" are? These people will not tolerate anyone who goes against their ideological agenda.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:53 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Twinkies View Post
The kid should get expelled

Daddy is ready for homeschooling I’m sure.
For what reason should he be expelled?

There is nothing bad about home schooling. We home schooled ours. One received a full scholarship to her two year college (she nearly aced the College Board exam, and she only took it once). They both scored well above their public school counterparts on every standardized test, scoring in the high 90 percentile.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:05 AM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Showing a picture of a kid with a gun, and saying security officers might want to talk to him isn't threatening?

Why else would security want to talk to him?
About joining them. He can probably shoot better than any of them anyways.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:40 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
The guy posted,

Here's a pic of my son learning to shoot safely under my supervision. Maybe those security guys want to talk to him.

Really don't know what the big deal is. shrug.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:49 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Having knives at school is a violation of the student code of conduct nowadays.

Did you really not know this?

Now, most administrators will not expel a GOOD student for this sort of thing.

They usually suspend them first, then the school board takes up the case.
They'll expel a troublemaker. I suspect he is one.
Oh, my, it's not only students. Parent wanted to bring in a birthday cake in to a Pre-K class. We told her not to bring a knife in to cut the cake. Not allowed.

I was the classroom Para and had to take the cake to the lunchroom, cut it there, and bring it back to the classroom. Ironically, this was in Florida which now wants to arm Teachers.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:53 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Maybe you shouldn't be at gun ranges taking photos and announcing it to the world so soon after a mass shooting committed by a teenager at a high school?

Just a thought.
hmm, the man posted,

Here's a pic of my son learning to shoot safely under my supervision. Maybe those security guys want to talk to him.

I am not sure what the big deal is of this post.

Regarding the photo, Students should not be suspended for being photographed participating in a legal activity unless there is a credible threat.

Plus, that photo (according to some other articles online) is at least 1 year old. Can't really defend the school or the police in this case. The student really did nothing wrong.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:57 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Keep it quiet gunners. Take you kid to the range if you so choose. Why put pictures up all over social media? In your face smacks of BULLYING others. You do know what bullying leads to?

Old 04-28-2018, 08:01 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Source please. None of that is in the OPs link.
https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...ion-suspension

Quote:
Speaking to the daily, Bone clarified that his son had been expelled from a previous high school for bringing a pocket knife to campus
Yep, he is a bonehead!

Quote:
On Monday, Bone tweeted out a photo of himself and his son at a gun range. Here's the context: The elder Bone was weighing in on a thread between a D.C. lawyer and Parkland shooting survivor Kyle Kashuv, who, unlike many other students who lived through that massacre, is avowedly pro-gun and is actively opposing calls for more gun control.
Quote:
he posted his own photo of his son at a gun range. As caption, Bone wrote, "Here's a pic of my son learning to shoot safely under my supervision. Maybe those security guys want to talk to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies