Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:15 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
For your mental health, I sincerely hope you are able to grow away from that soon. Sincerely, talk to a doctor. Short term antidepressant meds might do the trick. Not trolling. Not making fun.

Also, this is all theater. Haven't you figured that out yet? You can't honestly believe that this nation's direction is in question and decided by "the people". Nor will it be. Letting go works.
I'm not really angry, just upset this is happening.

I've seen this type of rhetoric before. First they start with false accusations that tensions between Israel and Iran are rising (all that has happened is an Iranian drone has been shot down, no threats).

They talk about retaliation (bombing Tehran as heard recently) and then Nikki helps legitimize these efforts by giving them America's backing.

There have already been casual mentions of destroying Iran's economy to start a revolution in the country, etc.

I have family there so I'm a little scared, but besides that I'm fine.

I love this country, its my home, and nothing will change that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 09:20 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

I've seen this type of rhetoric before. First they start with false accusations that tensions between Israel and Iran are rising (all that has happened is an Iranian drone has been shot down, no threats).

They talk about retaliation (bombing Tehran as heard recently) and then Nikki helps legitimize these efforts by giving them America's backing.

There have already been casual mentions of destroying Iran's economy to start a revolution in the country, etc.

Iran is an exceptionally large nation. It is highly unlikely that they would be in danger unless they live very close to a military installation and have nowhere else to go. But I surely empathize all the same.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:24 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,206 times
Quote:

As long as Iran doesn't attack Israel from Syria, they'll be ok. If they do then they're in big trouble.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 PM

4,134 posts, read 2,835,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wait. According to that article, 75% of Republicans approve of her, as compared to 55% of Democrats. And you're outraged at... Democrats?
Strange, isn’t it?

Old 04-26-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Iran is an exceptionally large nation. It is highly unlikely that they would be in danger unless they live very close to a military installation and have nowhere else to go. But I surely empathize all the same.
Your probably right. I've had a pretty down day so I'm kind of overreacting.

I'm usually pretty positive all the same;

also I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post, I should really think before posting to quickly.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,031 times
Quote:
Your probably right. I've had a pretty down day so I'm kind of overreacting.

I'm usually pretty positive all the same;

also I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post, I should really think before posting to quickly.
Its all good

I think that we all get that his forum is basically everyone's emotional outlet. I often take time away from it, which helps me. Not that that might be right for you. Anyway, feel better.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Its all good

I think that we all get that his forum is basically everyone's emotional outlet. I often take time away from it, which helps me. Not that that might be right for you. Anyway, feel better.
Thanks, you too

Old 04-27-2018, 02:49 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thest...209869099.html

This makes me sick. For all the energy on the left, it is wasted pushing Trump to the right on foreign policy.

Americans of all colors love it when she covers for Saudi war crimes, lies about Iran, and promotes war at every turn.

This murder who thinks American war crimes are accidental and justified is the monster who people love the most.

Look, I love America, but wtf is happening. Why?
I don't like Nikki Haley

Old 04-27-2018, 04:17 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
I'm outraged at this entire country.
Why? Wars? Obama had them, and probably more.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:40 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,815,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What I like about Haley is that she does what she believes is right, no matter what anyone says. She didn't take any crap from the confederate flag lovers--she just took it down from the capitol, and that was that.
Funny thing is that she didn’t care enough to take down that flag until the Charleston shootings. It was done to save to her political career, which would’ve been over otherwise. She knew which way the wind was blowing. She’s not stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies