Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 01:30 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
So predictable and it always comes out. Push a repub hard enough and their fetid true colors emerge. Yet, they wonder why they can't get a foothold with POC.
What true colors? Please explain this to me as I really want to know. True colors in that republicans are racist? An entire group of people? Sounds like you made a bigoted statement to me.
I asked another poster this same question. Which republican policies are racist?

Old 05-02-2018, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Democrats don't care at all about black people except for their votes. That is why liberal politicians like the Clintons and the Obamas routinely live in some of the richest, whitest and most exclusive neighborhoods you will find in America. They even build walls around their homes to make sure that undesirables don't get anywhere close to them.

They talk a good talk. But actions speak much louder than words.
Congress doesn't care at all about people except for their votes.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Conservatives have ZERO credibility with us. And they never will.
Who are you speaking for? Which policy isn't credible since it's always about policy?

Quote:
What party cares deeply for white people?

(Watch this)
Which party makes bills specifically taliored to white people?
(Watch this)

Old 05-02-2018, 01:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Now that just patently makes no sense. EVERYONE of EVERY race eats grits in the South. All kinds of grits. Plain grits, grits and jelly, cheese grits, grits and gravy, grits and shrimp, ad infinitum. It's a Southern thing, not a racial thing.
What's your point ?

Are you saying its ok to culturally appropriate, but not racially????????????? at best you are splitting hairs.A subset is a subset no matter how big it is.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Maybe they don't see color, in that we are all people.
The GOP does not play "Identity Politics"
They play Merit & Character Politics.

If all you have of value, is the color of your skin, you are going to remain the victim of life.
They absolutely use it and see color, you just dont call it that when you talk about the white working class, christian vales and so on.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:23 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
The notion of the Democratic Plantation is racist
The notion of the Democratic Plantation may be unrealistic. White liberals don't really control things like they used to. Massa sleeps in the guest house now.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Who are you speaking for? Which policy isn't credible since it's always about policy?

Which party makes bills specifically taliored to white people?
(Watch this)
What bill was tailored to black people?

All of that progressive legislation like the New Deal and Great Society was fashioned with white people in mind exclusively. It wouldn’t have passed otherwise.

I’ve read the speeches. You haven’t.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:32 AM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
It ain’t growing.

And no one cares about those two.
Correction: no one cared about Kanye until he strayed off The Plantation, after which WaPo, CNN, The Blast, OK! Magazine, Rosie O'Donnell, Snoop Dogg, James Gunn, John Legend, Samuel L. Jackson, Jordan Peele, all the night show "comedians" (to the extent that they're funny any more), etc., promptly piled on. Hell, we even have a prominent member of Congress telling him to stop getting so uppity -- or to borrow from Laura Ingraham's schtick, "shut up and rap."

Old 05-02-2018, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'm me. My actions define me. I choose to not be defined by my race.
Btw your desertdetroiter and all your sucesses and failures aren't because you're black. it happened because you're you.
Nope. I’m inextricably linked to my people. You want that bond to be meaningless, but it isn’t.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Correction: no one cared about Kanye until he strayed off The Plantation, after which WaPo, CNN, The Blast, OK! Magazine, Rosie O'Donnell, Snoop Dogg, James Gunn, John Legend, Samuel L. Jackson, Jordan Peele, all the night show "comedians" (to the extent that they're funny any more), etc., promptly piled on. Hell, we even have a prominent member of Congress telling him to stop getting so uppity -- or to borrow from Laura Ingraham's schtick, "shut up and rap."
He’s on your plantation now. He’s all yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies