Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 08:37 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times

Advertisements

I am not black, but I would like to ask blacks this - "Blacks have been voting 90%+ of the time for Democrats for the past 50 years. How has that worked out for blacks in America? How have blacks fared compared to other groups in the country - hispanics, asians, etc?"

Old 05-02-2018, 08:40 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I am not black, but I would like to ask blacks this - "Blacks have been voting 90%+ of the time for Democrats for the past 50 years. How has that worked out for blacks in America? How have blacks fared compared to other groups in the country - hispanics, asians, etc?"
Why do you care about how black people vote?

Why does it concern you that much?

Has voting Republican helped poor whites? Maybe you can answer that.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:40 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Conservatives are searching for the strong minded minorities beginning to understand how they are being played, and how their continued victimhood is necessary to the party of victimhood.
Dang..I just spit my coffee all over my desk. "strong minded minorities" like Kanye West who can't even name one of Trump's policies? The same Kanye West who said that slavery must have been a choice because why else would someone remain a slave for 400 years

Old 05-02-2018, 08:41 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It ain’t growing.

And no one cares about those two.

“Our money?” What money! You ain’t got a dime. I doubt you even pay taxes. You’re in that OTHER 47%

We do what we want. Mind your business. What we do or our politics doesn’t concern you.
They always think they “gave something” to black people.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Everyone is rich on CD. Whatever.

Moreover, if I have to pay for dumb wars that you support , you can pay for social programs. After all, millions of whites depend on it.

Identity? You don’t know WHO you are

It’s subject to change daily.
Quote:
I’m black. What are you?

Oh yeah...not black.
Quote:
Nope. I’m inextricably linked to my people. You want that bond to be meaningless, but it isn’t.
Quote:
The Democrats pander to whites with the same programs. In fact, so do the Republicans. These programs came to fruition because whites needed them so much. That’s how Roosevelt and LBJ sold them to the public.

That said, the programs aren’t going anywhere, and blacks aren’t gonna come to the Republican Party in your lifetime. Perish the thought.
Being a victim of ones identity, must be a full time job.
What does the future hold for that?

You should be offended. I would be, if I could not make it in life without government doing my dirty work for me.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:11 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
This is a facile argument. Black people don’t vote democrat because they believe the Dems are looking out for us. We vote dem because the GOP is more actively anti-black. The Dems are junk food, but the republicans are poison. Gotta eat something.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:38 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This is a facile argument. Black people don’t vote democrat because they believe the Dems are looking out for us. We vote dem because the GOP is more actively anti-black. The Dems are junk food, but the republicans are poison. Gotta eat something.

And yet it is the conservative movement that sees blacks as capable of making it on their own , and what is deemed anti black is more often anti victimology and an expectation that blacks can accomplish what whites and Asians can. Conservatives feel blacks are just as capable of getting an ID as white people. Somehow it is deemed racist to think this and compassionately liberal to think that blacks are too lazy, stupid, and inept to get one like everyone else. Conservatives think blacks should be able to score as high as whites an Asians on civil exams. Liberals tell blacks they arent smart enough to compete scholastically and are praised for this. Weird. Its like the black community is masochistic and enjoys being told how incompetent and inept they are by liberals, and resents the people that feel they can accomplish things as everyone else does.

If you were to divide the black community into liberal and conservative, there is no doubt that the conservative side will have more self sufficient and successful people as a percentage of the whole group. Likely far far higher. And yet most blacks wish to stay with the group that actively needs their victimhood to survive as a political force and continually teaches them they cant make it without white liberals looking after them.

Weird in the extreme.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:43 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Dang..I just spit my coffee all over my desk. "strong minded minorities" like Kanye West who can't even name one of Trump's policies? The same Kanye West who said that slavery must have been a choice because why else would someone remain a slave for 400 years

Did I mention Kanye? Kanye is a flake. He gets mentioned because he did , it seems, walk off the Dem plantation , and because he had a hit put out on him for daring to do so.

I listed my examples. There are more from everyday life. Feel free to address what I actually said when you feel capable.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
it's worked out quite well.

Black folks have probably made the most gains of any group in the last 50 years.

However, that's primarily because Jim Crow and blatant racism had us at the bottom.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:50 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Did I mention Kanye? Kanye is a flake. He gets mentioned because he did , it seems, walk off the Dem plantation , and because he had a hit put out on him for daring to do so.

I listed my examples. There are more from everyday life. Feel free to address what I actually said when you feel capable.
Kanye is super rich. Rich folks aren't Dems or Repubs.

He didn't vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies