Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:13 AM

34 posts, read 29,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Furthermore, any (for all practical purposes) sports injuries are unintentional. Firearms, by contrast, require much less physical energy to use AND are not only much more likely (in fact, practically assured) to seriously injure others, but the shooters in the schools deliberately cause that injury to others.
You're attempting to compare participants in a sport to deranged criminals.

It's not "practically assured" a firearm will cause any injuries.

The truth is less than 1% of firearms are ever used in a crime.

Sadly, you don't seem interested in the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 08:55 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I wonder if they are going to ban all bow/arrows, or just the assault bow/arrows?
On bows and arrows that are "weapons of war".

Old 04-30-2018, 08:57 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
They are planning to create military schools with a proud ethis in the UK as well as expanding Military Cadet Units in UK Secondary Schools.

Government backing plans to create 'military schools' to help poor children

Government considers backing 'military ethos' in more schools - The Telegraph

A military ethos could transform our schools - The Telegraph

The ACF In Schools | Army Cadet Force

Cadet Expansion Programme | Combined Cadet Force

The Cadet Expansion Programme is backed by £50 million funding from Libor fines paid for by the Banking Industry.

Defence Secretary announces latest wave of cadet units in schools - MoD News

LIBOR fines to be used to support military charities and Royal Voluntary Service - Gov.uk

The UK school military cadets units are for those aged 12 to 18 and shooting, archery, military excercises, map reading team wotk and discipline are all part of the activities.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-30-2018 at 10:16 AM..

Old 04-30-2018, 08:59 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
What is happening in our society today is to make guns an oddity to people. They are being sensitized to dislike, and distrust guns in general. At one time a gun was just a tool, and if one was used irresponsibly, or in crime, the person would be blamed as it should be. Today, the gun is blamed, not the person. Totally wrong.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:05 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
A bad kid does not become a good kid by disarming him-
The real killer is that the school system has determined that there is no such thing
As a bad violent kid
Removing weapons from k12 will make it safe ?
Tell that to those raped or beaten by unarmed assailants

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-30-2018 at 09:19 AM..

Old 04-30-2018, 09:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What is happening in our society today is to make guns an oddity to people. They are being sensitized to dislike, and distrust guns in general. At one time a gun was just a tool, and if one was used irresponsibly, or in crime, the person would be blamed as it should be. Today, the gun is blamed, not the person. Totally wrong.
Yep, its a slow and methodical tactic in order to sway public opinion on guns in general towards something that benefits a tyrannical govt...cant have so many armed civilians running around that may be a potential threat to tyranny, its best to just manipulate and change public opinion instead of dealing with a possible uprising or revolution, its really very clever what they are doing.

Mass shootings, especially those where kids are involved, are EXTREMELY effective at changing public opinion!

Anyone who is skeptical our Govt would do such a thing...consider that just a couple decades ago, they had project MK Ultra running, in which they were trying to develop mind controlled assassins, who would carry out govts dirty work and not even know they have done anything! Gee and now we start having mass shootings, leading to talk of strict gun control...doesnt take much to recognize whats going on.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:57 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

This is exactly it. So , in several generations or less , owning a gun will be completely looked down upon. And the mere notion of protecting ones self or family with one would alien to them.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:48 PM

4,134 posts, read 2,835,330 times
Quote:
I can't see it passing, it looks like it has pretty much zero support. Why a western Manhattan lawmaker would concern herself with the activities of districts upstate is beyond me.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:41 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
I wonder if they are going to ban all bow/arrows, or just the assault bow/arrows?
They are not going to ban anything. This is a proposal by 1 legislator with no co-sponsors.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:16 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Schools and teachers are damed if they do or damed if they don’t. Some say schools are falling behind other countries because we don’t teach enough math and science. Others complain we don’t focus more on the constitution. Now we have people complaining they don’t teach firearm education. What the heck is wrong with some of you parents. You are the first educators of your children. So teach your children the things schools can’t because there is only so much teachers can teach in a school day
Jokes on you, I'm not a parent.

If I were, my kids would know how to handle everything from a Bow, Black Powder, Pistols Rifles Shotguns, and if I add a machine gun or two to my collection, those too.

Schools and teachers are damned if they choose to push their agenda and beliefs upon students indoctrination, disguised as education.

I have no issue with schools bringing firearms into the classroom. I never once opposed it. Even when I was in school myself.

Prime example, discuss going hunting or shooting over the weekend and let one of the lemming faculty members overhear it.
Not only is your sanity and character questioned, so too is your parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies