Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:32 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,065,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Conservative paradise lol

Any place where liberalism doesn't dominate the political landscape is paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 12:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Both of very good places because of the conservative values of their populations. I myself think Oklahoma is better but just because of the weather.

Both have very low percentage of their population without a place to stay at night compared to ultra-liberal California which ignores every single crisis that comes along.

North Dakota tends though to be in the top 10 in a majority of areas when it comes to quality of life indicators and likely no matter place for working and middle-class residents.

I would prefer to live in Oklahoma over North Dakota but that is mainly because I like prefer warm weather.

North Dakota though has the best of both worlds. Big spending state that has ultra-low individual tax rates.

They are among the top states on spending which appeases liberals but have some of the lowest of the low taxes on individuals.

Of course this is due to severance tax revenue and the state brings in huge amount of sales tax revenue from Canada also which is very nice.

Oklahoma on the other hand has rock-bottom home prices and property taxes. Big mansions for the rent of a small apartment in liberal California.

Oklahoma City and North Dakota though have very low rates of homelessness compared to California. This is due to the fact the states like low-regulations, low-tax rates on their citizens compared to liberal California.
Funny how one of the Oklahoma Republican candidates running for governor is doing it because he is tired of Oklahoma being at the bottom of what is good and on top for what is bad. He even admitted Oklahoma is in bad shape due to Republican leadership at the state capitol. He is a highly successful businessman and hopes he can make an impact as an outsider wanting to shake up politics.

Anyway, life is how you make it in Oklahoma. I am not poor, in bad health, obese, on drugs, not toothless or a criminal, so I am not responsible for helping bring down the quality of life statistics in Oklahoma.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 04-30-2018 at 01:01 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 12:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Any place where liberalism doesn't dominate the political landscape is paradise.
Then move to Oklahoma and suck in the wind.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:11 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then move to Oklahoma and suck in the wind.
I'd rather suck in the wind than have to have a map to navigate where people crap in the city streets....or negotiate people shooting up.....

Old 04-30-2018, 03:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I've lived in North Dakota, so your histrionic exaggerations arent going to have the coercive effect you intend.
Coercion isn’t my goal. I don’t give a damn where any of you live.

But I’m not gonna sit here and read a load of tripe without responding. Trying to pass off North Dakota as a desirable place to live when it clearly isn’t is gonna evoke a response from me. The place is Mars-In-America...that’s all there is to it. Cold, barren, forsaken, and without a single redeeming quality except for people that want to be away from civilization.

It’s a great place for people in the Witness Protection Program...and even they’ll take their chances somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Yes, and many many people dislike it and would never want to live there. Is that difficult to understand?
They couldn’t afford to. You included.
Quote:
Yeah...the whole world is just DYING to move to Muskogee, Oklahoma.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'd rather suck in the wind than have to have a map to navigate where people crap in the city streets....or negotiate people shooting up.....
Nonsense.

I mean come on...every tree in your state had a human hanging from it not all that long ago. They were bombing churches, using attack dogs on children and putting signs on water fountains for crying out loud. :

Stop it. You’re being ridiculous.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:24 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense.
By your standards....everything is nonsense, unless you agree with it....

So, they don't have poop maps?

Quote:
I mean come on...every tree in your state had a human hanging from it not all that long ago.
LOL....this has got to qualify as the stupidest statesmen of the century.....Hey MODS....can we make a stupid comment thread, if so this comment need to be the permanent sticky....

Quote:
They were bombing churches, using attack dogs on children and putting signs on water fountains for crying out loud. :
So, we have learned nothing from the past? Well, maybe your have not....but others have...maybe you need to jump on their side....

Quote:
Stop it. You’re being ridiculous.
So you honestly believe that you speak for everyone...how stupid (on your part).

Old 04-30-2018, 03:31 PM

73,001 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Liberalism doesn't dominate the political landscape of Mississippi or West Virginia. I wouldn't live in those states. Really poor states. West Virginia has alot of issues with drugs and unemployment. Mississippi has a high unemployment and a high murder rate.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:33 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Whoopy-doo North Dakata. We could give that state to Canada and would hardly notice the loss.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:22 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,604,983 times
Quote:
Coercion isn’t my goal. I don’t give a damn where any of you live.

But I’m not gonna sit here and read a load of tripe without responding. Trying to pass off North Dakota as a desirable place to live when it clearly isn’t is gonna evoke a response from me. The place is Mars-In-America...that’s all there is to it. Cold, barren, forsaken, and without a single redeeming quality except for people that want to be away from civilization.

It’s a great place for people in the Witness Protection Program...and even they’ll take their chances somewhere else.

They couldn’t afford to. You included.

Yeah...the whole world is just DYING to move to Muskogee, Oklahoma.
You are literally being a duplicitous liar, and a baseless accuser, here. That cannot be how you want to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies