Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 04:54 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,170,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
No surprise at all. They’re still breathing deeply, clutching their hearts, and congratulating themselves for “surviving” a black president. Don’t ever overestimate these types. America still has plenty of scum.
It wasn't that they survived a black President, it was they survived the leftist policies of said President! Republicans embrace many black politicians because they have policies consistent with conservatism! No scum on the left.....right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 04:59 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I really have a hard time with a poll that is a set up to pigeonhole Republicans in the first place. R's do not have a burning desire to elect a woman just because it is the new in thing to strive for. Can anyone understand that? If an awesome well qualified CONSERVATIVE woman was on the ticket then she would absolutely get my vote, and my husbands. Until that time I will continue to vote for the PERSON who most reflects my values. Identity politics sucks and if that is how you vote then this country is going in the toilet.
I agree and respect your position. Probably unlike you though, I find it ridiculous to believe that the most qualified PERSON to lead this nation 44 out of 45 times over the past 242 was a white male. And since 44 out of 45 of the the last US presidents were white males, I must conclude that there must be some disparities built into the structure. I’m anxiously and actively advocating for these structural inequities to be abolished so we can finally have the best qualified leaders.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:02 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

At least some people are astute enough to notice such things. But to the OP and others who read leftist materials designed to divide us by race, gender, religion, those type of questions framed to achieve a specific type of narrative do not care.
They just want to reinforce their own warped views.

Rest assured had a conservative woman been running against Hillary, she would now be the president. Conversely, if the (D's) keep trying to get in leftists based not on their qualifications/abilities, but rather checking off some PC boxes, they will lose most of American voters, including women.

`
^^^^^^This, in spades.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:03 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
I agree and respect your position. Probably unlike you though, I find it ridiculous to believe that the most qualified PERSON to lead this nation 44 out of 45 times over the past 242 was a white male. And since 44 out of 45 of the the last US presidents were white males, I must conclude that there must be some disparities built into the structure. I’m anxiously and actively advocating for these structural inequities to be abolished so we can finally have the best qualified leaders.
This is a post I can respect and agree with unlike the partisan drivel throughout this thread. While I would appreciate advancement of women in politics to include being elected President, I will not put irrelevant agenda above substance or values.

Edit - There is history built into the structure of politics and it will take time to overcome. What cannot happen is it being forced and to denigrate those who are not toeing the line with the agenda. That will cause the process to move slower.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:03 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
It wasn't that they survived a black President, it was they survived the leftist policies of said President! Republicans embrace many black politicians because they have policies consistent with conservatism! No scum on the left.....right?
There are scum on the left, for sure. And there’s scum on the right. There are plenty of decent civic-minded, well intentioned good people on both sides too. It’s a pity that these folks (who form the majorities on both sides) don’t work together against the scum. But that’s where we are these days.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:04 PM

17,536 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Nearly 60 Percent of Republicans Don

I knew there was sexism and misogyny in the GOP, but this is a shockingly high number.
Bull Ka Ka

1500 is not a serious poll. You only get the lucof who answers the phone and will talk to you

A close family friend is a well known national pollster. I told him that no matter how much I love and respect him, I wouldn't answer ant pollster including him, personally

He asked me why?

I didn't answer

Old 04-28-2018, 05:12 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Looks like libs are still bitter their anointed queen Hillary lost. Maybe realize next time thinking someone is entitled to the presidency because of their gender is not the way to go.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:26 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:

You have to run to try and be president

And you have to appeal to voters

We don’t just pick out of a hat

Old 04-28-2018, 06:42 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If you were a little sharper you might have seen for yourself that the thread is a lie.
"Do you personally hope that the United States elects a woman president of the United States in your lifetime, or not?"

I hope no one is forced to live in poverty.

I hope that everyone lives in a representative democracy.

I hope that cancer is cured.

The genitals possessed by the next president are not something I hope about.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:44 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Michelle Bachmann was my first choice for 2012, but she had dropped out before my state held their primary, so I voted for Santorum and he too lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies