Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 02:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Brings back memories of that Monty Python and the Holy Grail movie.

Instead, he had "his people" arrange another one of those "worship me" rallies to soothe his fragile ego and give him cover for being out of town.

How was the attendance?

How was the attendance? I didn't see the crowd for the few minutes I turned it on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 03:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How was the attendance? I didn't see the crowd for the few minutes I turned it on
I didn't even see that much of it. Neighbors were throwing a party that we went to.

Just a hunch...

Old 04-29-2018, 07:46 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Laughing and loving the Snowflake losers of the last election getting there feelings hurt because their President chooses to avoid the den of swamp snakes for some real people that are happy he's their President.

Trump is your President for 6+ more years....embrace it.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Personally I don't see what the big deal is. There are far more pressing issues than the correspondents dinner.
Examples of more pressing issues:
What socks to wear.
Is there fuzz in my belly button.
In short just about anything imaginable is more important than the correspondents dinner in my book.
How about throwing a Pork elimination conference. Every elected rep has to come up with at least 5 pork spending projects that can be eliminated. The pork spenders will then have to justify their bridge to no where, there million dollar rest stops etc. Then our elected reps vote on whether or not to continue funding. The results then published in every reps district.. Just what that rep voted to support spending on.
So if Senator Joe smith votes to continue pork spending on an inflatable beaver damn his constituents will get to see how their rep voted. Make it easy.

There are so many problems with this nation and people are worried about correspondents dinner.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 04-29-2018 at 09:16 PM..

Old 04-29-2018, 08:27 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Personally I don't see what the big deal is. There are far more pressing issues than the correspondents dinner.
What socks to where.
In short just about anything imaginable is more important than the correspondents dinner in my book.
How about throwing a Pork elimination conference. Every elected rep has to come up with at least 5 pork spending projects that can be eliminated. The pork spenders will then have to justify their bridge to no where, there million dollar rest stops etc. Then our elected reps vote on whether or not to continue funding. The results then published in every reps district.. Just what that rep voted to support spending on.
So if Senator Joe smith votes to continue pork spending on an inflatable beaver damn his constituents will get to see how their rep voted. Make it easy.

There are so many problems with this nation and people are worried about correspondents dinner.
There is no more of a pressing issue for the left than to humiliate Trump.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
There is no more of a pressing issue for the left than to humiliate Trump.

It's simply NOT an issue at all. For anyone.

Nobody humiliates tRump but tRump.

Nome sane?

Old 04-29-2018, 09:17 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's simply NOT an issue at all. For anyone.

Nobody humiliates tRump but tRump.

Nome sane?

And nobody obsesses about Trump like the left, which in fact feeds his over developed ego. It must be an issue because 2 years running left leaning posters have made a deal of it.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:52 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Dean Martin used to have outrageous roasts. They were hilarious. I don’t know what’s the big deal. Even Ronald Reagan engaged in self deprecating humor.

The best thing Trump did was not go. He’s no fun at all. He’s down right boring. His ego is feeble, his skin is thin and he isn’t witty, glib or imaginative.

So, he went and had his periodical lovefest about...himself. What else?

I didn’t watch the WHCD this year. Took a break from all things Trump and read instead.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
And nobody obsesses about Trump like the left, which in fact feeds his over developed ego. It must be an issue because 2 years running left leaning posters have made a deal of it.
That meme is getting old and sorry.

GOPers, conservatives, teabaggers, Trumpers and other assorted swamp dwellers have been having daily conniptions about Bill and Hillary for DECADES with no end in sight.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
What socks to wear.

Pork? Earmarks have been over for a while.

I thought Trump had solved all our problems.

How about Fraud, Waste and Abuse from Scott Pruitt?

Why don’t you tell Trump to do his job instead of playing golf, fretting over hookers, and having “love me” rallies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies