Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 04:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Our "justice" system is not about justice, it is about money.
Bingo.

Like I said, it’s always funny how getting a badge enhances your sense of smell by 1000%. Strange phenomenon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 04:32 PM

45,364 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
NOT a fan of his.

I like Danny Brown of SC, he has a good but firm rapport with folks...explains everything on their level.

And Zendayhas of El Paso.

What happened to Arizona cops, they were on LIVEPD but haven't seen them lately...???
Who knows. Calvert County, MD, where I am, was only on the first year. I do have to admit compared to the rest of the locales that we were kind of boring.

The Deputies involved told me that having the film crew tag along tended to be a pain sometimes. Also, this is an election year and my sources have told me that the Sheriff and the County Commissioners running for reelection were nervous about something blowing up and screwing up their campaigns.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:33 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I thought it was cool of him to be nice to her and let her go but I also wish he would have thrown the book at her for throwing a lit butt out the window.

Denver Leverett is an a** hat. The hosts call him the human lie detector. He will do anything to trick drivers to search their cars.
My better half and I joke back and forth, "now, don't chu liiiiiiiiie to me". He's such an arrogant little man.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:19 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
My better half and I joke back and forth, "now, don't chu liiiiiiiiie to me". He's such an arrogant little man.

Isn't he though...?

And yes HE is one that assumes everyone is doing something wrong, whether it's drinking, smoking weed, no license etc.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
That Black cop, I forget which department with the GIGANTIC biceps, (biceps bigger than most mens thighs) is pretty cool as well.
The more I see the K9 crew the more I just shake my head. Take the dog out, walk him around the car and get no alert so what to do? Well, walk around the car again and point/touch every piece as you go by it saying "here" or "get it".
No suggestion there, nope none at all...
I wonder what they do about the door scratches and if they put 'em in the car and the person happens to be allergic?

Old 05-03-2018, 09:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Does anyone else sometimes wonder how 'real' these cop shows really are?

I remember back in the years when 'To catch a predator' came out and it was so popular for awhile, everyone thought it was real, and these were real criminals coming to meet what they thought were underage kids...but eventually it turned out the show was not real at all, and they were all actors.

Looking back of course hindsight is 20/20, and the fact that the credits for the show, had 'writers', I guess even that was not enough for people to realize it was fake!

***a little side note about 'To catch a predator', I suspected it was fake after seeing one of the supposed 'pedophiles' on a tv commercial for some pharmaceutical drug! LOL

Old 05-03-2018, 09:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I've been watching Live PD for a few weeks and have noticed a couple of things that simply amaze me. Almost every time any cop on the show pulls over a car somehow they "claim" they smell dope and so deem they have Probable Cause to search. It's either that or they ask for permission and if denied they call out a K9 and direct them to search, even going as far as opening the doors and putting the K9 in the vehicle.

How is that not searching the car without warrant if they put the K9 police officer in the car?

The other thing that baffles me is how they have all the time with everything going on to stop everyone riding a bicycle for lack of lights at night or, just walking down the side of the street and demand ID and a search of their person "for their safety".

Anyone else think things are getting a tad out of hand when it comes to citizens rights?
Cops deal with a lot of people breaking the law so naturally they have a suspicious mind and any disputes are to be handled in court. So if they want to search my car, go ahead. Soon I'll be on my way to where I was going, how about you?

Here's the thing, if they did this to me they won't find anything but how many times are they are correct resulting in getting people who are high or drinking off the road which is saving lives. I'm not sure what everyone's beef is.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:

The other thing that baffles me is how they have all the time with everything going on to stop everyone riding a bicycle for lack of lights at night or, just walking down the side of the street and demand ID and a search of their person "for their safety".

Anyone else think things are getting a tad out of hand when it comes to citizens rights?
Riding a bike without lights at night shows lack of common sense. It's dangerous for the bike rider and for drivers. People should act responsibly and use common sense, it's safer for everyone. Again, I'm not sure what the beef is?

jimj, it appears you're looking for something to have a beef with the police about.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:01 AM

764 posts, read 235,095 times
Quote:
That Black cop, I forget which department with the GIGANTIC biceps, (biceps bigger than most mens thighs) is pretty cool as well.
The more I see the K9 crew the more I just shake my head. Take the dog out, walk him around the car and get no alert so what to do? Well, walk around the car again and point/touch every piece as you go by it saying "here" or "get it".
No suggestion there, nope none at all...
I wonder what they do about the door scratches and if they put 'em in the car and the person happens to be allergic?
Officer Garo Brown.

https://livepdchat.com/2017/10/12/an...wn-of-live-pd/

https://twitter.com/BrownGaro

Old 05-03-2018, 10:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Cops deal with a lot of people breaking the law so naturally they have a suspicious mind and any disputes are to be handled in court. So if they want to search my car, go ahead. Soon I'll be on my way to where I was going, how about you?

Here's the thing, if they did this to me they won't find anything but how many times are they are correct resulting in getting people who are high or drinking off the road which is saving lives. I'm not sure what everyone's beef is.
I like many others don't like living in a police state. You?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies