Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dem or Repub?
Democrat - Donald Trump 4 66.67%
Republican - Hillary Clinton 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 12:47 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Republicans are only looking out for the top 1% and no one else.

Me, I would vote 3rd party although I did hold my nose and voted for Hillary but that was only because I could not stand Trump.
Democrats are too. Look at how much money they're racking in. Politicians only care about 2 things. Getting elected, then getting re-elected. That's all. Democrats run on this fake "principle" because they know that voters that pay no income tax can vote for tax increases on citizens who already pay taxes. 1% pay more than half of all the revenue the government receives. At the end of the day, the government wants to leach off of the private sector to benefit themselves. That's why they're for hiking the minimum wage. More revenue for their pockets...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 12:50 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Nope. You make the mistake of assuming your premise has any merit. It doesn't. Neither candidate would be who they are and support the platform of the other party.
The premise has plenty of merit because it is directed at those who deride someone else for their choice based on him being a crass individual, not the platform on which he was elected. You now have a crass individual on your ticket do you vote for him?

Old 04-30-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Yup. A party is a just a "party". If that makes any sort of sense. There's conservative Democrats still in Congress, such as Joe Donnelly, Joe Manchin, Doug Jones (sort of), etc. Not all members of a specific party share the same values. Parties just eliminate the critical thinking aspect of voting. Individual ideologies are more vital in understand their policies rather than judge the party they're in.
You are right and Manchin is a good man.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:53 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You are right and Manchin is a good man.
He is. I hope he gets re-elected in 2018. West Virginia is a tough sell for Democrats.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:01 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
The premise has plenty of merit because it is directed at those who deride someone else for their choice based on him being a crass individual, not the platform on which he was elected. You now have a crass individual on your ticket do you vote for him?
I will say that I don’t think someone like Trump would have won the democratic primary.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I will say that I don’t think someone like Trump would have won the democratic primary.
Fair enough, but who knows what could happen? Bernie almost won it and that is an indication of disillusionment in the party. The fact that Trump won the Repub one is an indication of the same.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:12 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
People are often asked why or derided for their vote for Trump because he is such a crass communicator and all around bully. I will agree with that. But would you abandon your deepest held beliefs about the role of government and vote for someone who is the antithesis of that role?

Hillary is now the Republican nominee and will follow the platform of her party as laid out in 2016.

Trump is the Democratic nominee and will follow the platform of his party as laid out in 2016.

Who do you vote for? They still have the same personality traits and demeanor they always have.
I voted. I'll give you two guesses to figure out which one and the first guess don't count.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I voted. I'll give you two guesses to figure out which one and the first guess don't count.
Care to elaborate on why you made that choice? I am interested in discussion on why people would vote their choice.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:22 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
[quote=Timmyy;51759873]I didn't vote for either one and I wouldn't have if they swapped parties or platforms.[/QUOTE

Exactly the way I feel. I could not vote for either one.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:26 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Won't work. A felon can't be elected.
You can take that either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies